Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Unless u want to imply insults on the majority of people who like her I suggest u keep your opinions in the understandable " I don't Like her" and away from the "I'm going to needlessly insult it."
    When I say I like or don't like something, I'd like to argue why I say it. I still stand by my opinion that Tracer is an obnoxious blend of anime-like cringy cuteness and British accent tropes. I'm a guy who likes Garrosh for example and I'm not crying when people call him an ass, Orc hitler, a wuss, someone who suffers from daddy issues and so on. Why? Because that's their opinion and if I get offended by someone because they don't like something I like and explain why, I might as well just off myself and leave this world permanently because in the real world you're gonna come across plenty of people who don't like what you like and can be harsh about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Wow. Whoever u quoted is a complete jerk. How much do u have to be a disgusting evil monster to call non skinny/fit people "fat slobs or unattractive". Like do they even realize there are hundreds of millions of people with different tastes? What a horrible person.

Probably shouldn't brother with them. Could take weeks of reconditioning to get their head out if their spincter
    Did I hit a nerve or something? Do you happen to fall into that category? If so, do something about it rather than crying when someone else says something about it. I've been there myself, being unfit/chubby for a good deal of years. I did something about it though instead of complaining that the media didn't portray my body type or that people were insensitive if they said fat/chubby people are unattractive.

The general world population isn't physically attracted to fat/obese people, just like they wouldn't be attracted to someone who is severely underweight or doesn't take care of their appearance in other ways (bad hygiene, bad grooming, bad clothing style etc.). Are there people who like it? Sure, but they're in the minority. In the overwhelming majority of cases things like being over/underweight or badly groomed is in the control of the person in question so I do not feel sorry in the slightest when I call them out and I do not believe such unhealthy lifestyles should be promoted in media, in advertisements, as mannequins in shops and so on. Sure, I'm not going to bully them or bother them in general about it but don't expect me to support them in maintaining and promoting that lifestyle/bodytype.

When we talk about games, movies, or other types of media we as people generally want to look at things we enjoy and find attractive. It's an escape from reality and we tend to like and play as attractive characters. To the majority of people that translates into the video game characters we are used to, i.e. fit hulking male characters and fit curvacious female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    From the screens that showed health her damage looks pretty average to bad. Sure she is going to be annoying in good hands and can probably be good, but even her ult is doing maybe 30% of an assassin's health? I don't see her doing all that much in teamfights. She looks like a good skirmisher/1v1'er but in big teamfights who knows; the player will have to be really good just to be able to have meaningful contribution.
    The damage looks kinda fine to be honest considering she never has to stand still to deal any of it. That being said this character will be insanely annoying to play against if you're playing a skillshot based character. On the contrary, point and click heroes like Raynor will absolutely demolish her probably.

I kinda like the idea though, she will be really strong if played by a skilled player vs. skillshot heroes but also easily punished if she fails at juking. She might just get auto countered by heroes like Thrall, Raynor, Sylvanas and other heroes with unavoidable damage though.

I think she will be a strong last pick if your opponents chose one or less AA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    The damage looks kinda fine to be honest considering she never has to stand still to deal any of it. That being said this character will be insanely annoying to play against if you're playing a skillshot based character. On the contrary, point and click heroes like Raynor will absolutely demolish her probably.

I kinda like the idea though, she will be really strong if played by a skilled player vs. skillshot heroes but also easily punished if she fails at juking. She might just get auto countered by heroes like Thrall, Raynor, Sylvanas and other heroes with unavoidable damage though.
    I'm more or less thinking she gets ignored in teamfights because of how hard it can be to catch her and lock her down and that she doesn't have any gamebreaking damage or ults to be concerned with. I'm seeing her as a constant trickle of damage and probably not having a large impact in games. I could be wrong but landing a full bomb+melee+clip combo and diving someone and doing it well and not getting caught to get maybe 50% of a squishies health? Numbers may be better than that but meh.

I am liking the high skill cap for her though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    She looks super fun, can't wait.

I'm more or less thinking she gets ignored in teamfights because of how hard it can be to catch her and lock her down and that she doesn't have any gamebreaking damage or ults to be concerned with. I'm seeing her as a constant trickle of damage and probably not having a large impact in games. I could be wrong but landing a full bomb+melee+clip combo and diving someone and doing it well and not getting caught to get maybe 50% of a squishies health? Numbers may be better than that but meh.

I am liking the high skill cap for her though.
    I think, more or less, she basically is a ranged Illidan.

Ignoring her might be a big issue, because just as with Illidan, losing one hero means you are going to lose even harder because she can chase them down. I mean Illidan doesn't pull big numbers as well, but his distraction and chase is really powerful tool.

Keep her talents in mind.

Stuff like lvl 4's "Untouchable: Takedowns increase your Basic Attack damage by 2% up to 30%. These bonuses are lost on death" means you cant afford to ignore her.

Lvl 7 increases how often she can blink in one manner or another

lvl 13 gives her either cone AOE, cleave or vampiric attacks.

lvl 16 are different and DEADLY damage upgrades that cater to different enemy team compositions
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-04-16 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I little disappointed one of her abilities is literally just a melee attack called "Melee".
    Lol, yeah, I saw that and was like did the guy who come up with skill names just take the day off for that one?

That spotlight just made me want to play her even more! They go and make her super awesome so everyone will go preorder Overwatch, I'm on to them.
    I'm a thread killer.

It's supposed to be a complete copy of her Overwatch skill-set, in which she has a standard melee attack called... Melee.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I think, more or less, she basically is a ranged Illidan.

Ignoring her might be a big issue, because just as with Illidan, losing one hero means you are going to lose even harder because she can chase them down. I mean Illidan doesn't pull big numbers as well, but his distraction and chase is really powerful tool.
    Ehh, have you played him since the patch? ~2 attacks per second with over 500 damage per auto during Blades of Azzinoth, I can usually wreck the backline heroes in a matter of seconds if not stopped. Illidan is also someone who has to be stopped because he can sustain himself a ridiculous amount so letting him free-ball is a problem.

I get what you mean though, her chase and escape are going to be really good and she will be a difficult kill target so she can play more aggressively, as well as being a nightmare on "channel the capture point" maps like Towers of Doom. Still, I don't think she looks OP but can't really tell until I see her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh, have you played him since the patch? ~2 attacks per second with over 500 damage per auto during Blades of Azzinoth, I can usually wreck the backline heroes in a matter of seconds if not stopped. Illidan is also someone who has to be stopped because he can sustain himself a ridiculous amount so letting him free-ball is a problem.
    I have played him, yes.

I just can't help it, but to use Blade of Azzinoth you need to use his ability five times. Which is more of a finishing move, unless you keep saving it for team fights.

Still my point was, he doesn't deal that much damage. It is just endless onslaught you alone can hardly deal with. The same will be Tracer I think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grab Butcher, let her use recall, charge, Lambs To The Slaughter, wonder if she tastes better than Li-Ming.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Grab Butcher, let her use recall, charge, Lambs To The Slaughter, wonder if she tastes better than Li-Ming.
    That will work on bad Tracers, but good ones will be a lot more cautious about when they Recall, and will make sure they have it up for things like LttS or The Hunt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    That will work on bad Tracers, but good ones will be a lot more cautious about when they Recall, and will make sure they have it up for things like LttS or The Hunt.
    Well a good strategy against tracers would be auto-attack heroes and heroes that do target stuns like Uther, actually I think Uther is a great hard-counter to tracer because of this very same reason.

question, can tracer use her recall when she is rooted? because most heroes cannot use their escape abilities when they're rooted.

10+ Year Old Account
    question, can tracer use her recall when she is rooted? because most heroes cannot use their escape abilities when they're rooted.
    Tracer is able to Recall out of roots, you can see it in a preview at 2:01. However I don't think she will be able to use Recall while stunned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Tracer is able to Recall out of roots, you can see it in a preview at 2:01. However I don't think she will be able to use Recall while stunned.
    I think a murky octograb is gonna ruin her day.

She looks fun to play and annoying to play against; I expect her to become a new favourite of mind quickly.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Well a good strategy against tracers would be auto-attack heroes and heroes that do target stuns like Uther, actually I think Uther is a great hard-counter to tracer because of this very same reason.

Yeah, ranged AA heroes seem like they will work well against her. Raynor especially, since he can hit her before she even gets in range to hit him. And non-aimed stuns will be bad for her, too.

That Tracer hero spotlight was pretty nuts. It was like Li Ming on crack!

An expert Tracer is going to be a nightmare to play against.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    That Tracer hero spotlight was pretty nuts. It was like Li Ming on crack!

An expert Tracer is going to be a nightmare to play against.
    I live for skillshot jukes and big plays. Li-Ming is my current favorite, but Tracer looks like she'll be incredible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    LTTS silences people trapped in it.

Slap it on Tracer and she WILL die. No way about it.

Butcher is going to be a hard counter for this reason. Add to the fact that using E charge on her FORCES her to clear it with Recall right at the start, and you basically take her out of any teamfight she doesn't want to end up a smear of red paste in.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)