Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The burning legion's mission is to be the extension of Sargeras will/motives, by virtue of being coerced through force as well as gleefully accepting whatever power the corrupted Titan bestows upon them.

Sargeras wants to kill all titan world souls as soon as possible in order to prevent Void possessions via old god infection, azeroth has a particularly powerful titan world soul. The Burning legion essentially serves as a planetary wrecking crew and vanguard for Sargeras himself, who can cleave planets in half, literally.

In legion, the Burning Legion will attempt to bring Sargeras to Azeroth through any manner of ways so that he can destroy the planet. Whether it is the last world soul or not is up in the air, but it was the last one the pantheon found before Sargeras turned on them.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    Yogg-Saron last words were. Literally

"Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh"
    Which means
    "The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity."
    C'mon. I think he is very dead.
    Lol, you serious mate? It has long been known that C'Thun and YS are not dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Bring me the source. Then.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Legion isn't specifically against us. The ultimate goal is to destroy the World Soul (so as to prevent it from becoming a servant of the Void Lords), and we just happen to be in the way. They are more than eager to accept the aid of mortals who turn to their cause. Legion would've done a good chance to paint them as less evil, more 'ends justify the means'
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

TL;DR

Sargeras and the Burning Legion

If the Void Lords and the Old Gods corrupt Azeroth, it will become a Dark Titan.
    The birth of a Dark Titan = Void Lords rule the Universe = shit city.
    If the Legion destroys the entire Universe, the Void Lords won't have anything to turn to shit.
    Once the entire Universe is destroyed, hopefully new life will emerge without the 'flaw' that is the Old Gods.

(Sargeras' reasoning is flawed because the Void Lords exist outside the Universe, and they'll just keep spawning Old Gods even if the Universe gets a fresh start.)

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    The Legion isn't specifically against us. The ultimate goal is to destroy the World Soul (so as to prevent it from becoming a servant of the Void Lords), and we just happen to be in the way. They are more than eager to accept the aid of mortals who turn to their cause. Legion would've done a good chance to paint them as less evil, more 'ends justify the means'
    Yes that's what I'm getting at.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really got the impression they were "against all life"... Most of them are actually very alive. And we only ever really see their military... I wonder if there's Burning Legion civilians? They have home planets and cities and stuff right?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    TL;DR

Sargeras and the Burning Legion

If the Void Lords and the Old Gods corrupt Azeroth, it will become a Dark Titan.
    The birth of a Dark Titan = Void Lords rule the Universe = shit city.
    If the Legion destroys the entire Universe, the Void Lords won't have anything to turn to shit.
    Once the entire Universe is destroyed, hopefully new life will emerge without the 'flaw' that is the Old Gods.

(Sargeras' reasoning is flawed because the Void Lords exist outside the Universe, and they'll just keep spawning Old Gods even if the Universe gets a fresh start.)
    I think Sargeras wants it where nothing is powerful enough to allow the Void Lords to corrupt and come into this universe. Which is the flaw in the universe, not that the Void Lord exists, but that there is a way in, that doesn't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I don't think it was implied that they were doing it alone. They could have been part of the Army of Light of the Elder Naaru, for example. They lost their final battle before the Legion started their invasion, so their fate isn't clear now. Doubt Blizzard'd be killing T&A offscreen, though.
    Since there is only one legion but countless worlds that all contain Alleria and Turalyons the whole army could just be made up of duplicates of them. This makes sense because look how many hunters are getting her bow.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyCat203 View Post
    Since there is only one legion but countless worlds that all contain Alleria and Turalyons the whole army could just be made up of duplicates of them. This makes sense because look how many hunters are getting her bow.
    Whole legions of people walking around with artifacts arn't canon. Lore-wise there is one leader per class faction. Who that is, we don't know, and will be decided on sometime in the future, probably after WoW is in the dust.

Just like the 'Orc Commander' from Warcraft 2 is Saurfang.

Yes they are. Blizzard confirmed it at blizzcon saying their deaths either caused or contributed to the Cataclysm. Yogg pretty much says he's dead when you kill him. The only living old god left is N'zoth. At least on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Yes they are. Blizzard confirmed it at blizzcon saying their deaths either caused or contributed to the Cataclysm. Yogg pretty much says he's dead when you kill him. The only living old god left is N'zoth. At least on Azeroth.
    I have never heard of that. The shattering was caused by Deathwing smashing through Deepholm and into the living realm.

I have never heard of that. The shattering was caused by Deathwing smashing through Deepholm and into the living realm.
    Look up Blizzcon 2010 Q&A corner with Metzen and Afrasiabi. Someone asked for them to elaborate on the theory that "if you kill all Old Gods, it's doomsday" as there had been no catastrophic event even with two of them being dead (C'Thun and Yogg). They (Blizzard) answered with "Have you played any Cataclysm?" "You know, where the world blows up? Because of the Old Gods". The questioner even asked again to confirm "Because of the Old Gods?" and they replied with "Right".

Deathwing was the main actor of Cataclysm, but C'Thun and Yogg's deaths probably weakened the world enough to allow Deathwing to do that. Someone (I think Aquamonkey? Don't quite remember) also brought up the fact that the elemental unrest event and the shaking of the world happened even before Deathwing burst through Deepholm to go back to our world. Deathwing isn't that powerful to cause damage on Azeroth when he was still in a different dimension.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.