Thread: The Division

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The problem is people are playing like it's WoW. You can have more than one gear set. You can play all roles.
    I fail to see how that's relevant to what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the person doing his best to exploit bugs... It's alright, looking for shortcuts in life always leads to great success.
    Just ignore him, he cried CMs were too hard, when they were easy from the start. He cries in other threads, he's not worth it, he has no clue.

Well that's great, thanks @Zephyr Storm, now I won;t waste my weekend in the incursion and I'm honestly fucking fuming now. That shit's ridiculous no weekly reward so again they fuck people over who aren't the first to do something, because their QA team isn't entirely doing their job that well.

The problem is people are playing like it's WoW. You can have more than one gear set. You can play all roles.
    Its almost like people are playing this like a MMO or a ARPG........

And its almost like this game is a mix of both.....

/Whoknew
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

And now I continually get disconnected while trying to do one of the daily hard missions.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Well that's great, thanks @Zephyr Storm, now I won;t waste my weekend in the incursion and I'm honestly fucking fuming now. That shit's ridiculous no weekly reward so again they fuck people over who aren't the first to do something, because their QA team isn't entirely doing their job that well.
    No problem. Sorry I had to deliver the bad news though .

Massive needs to overhaul how they do things, especially their QA department, or this game is gonna sink fast.

No, but all you've done since launch is look for the biggest exploits and ways to use them. Not really the kind of person I like to associate with, and it's honestly not how "most CEO's got rich". That's the delusional view of someone who's seen too many movies.
    Trust me I am really happy you don't want to associate with me.

Also no I haven't been looking for exploits since launch. The first "Exploit" I did was bulletking and that was for 30mins. The first real exploit I did in this game was the incursion.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Wow, just saw that they completely disabled the weekly reward for EVERYONE in the Incursion. For those that don't know: they fucked up and it bugged out to where you could receive it more than once in a week if the session owner hadn't completed it yet. But instead of just saying "we'll fix it as soon as possible", they completely disabled the ability for ANYONE to get it, regardless of whether you had already gotten it or not.
    Now that is complete bullshit for people that haven't been able to do it yet.

PTR is definitely needed now.

If you say so. I'm fairly successful and have seen many people who tried to take shortcuts fail in the long run. It might lead to temporary success, but being a fraud rarely leads to lasting success.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the complaints about "I haven't gotten an upgrade in 15 hours" don't apply when they're only trying to upgrade one specific style of play. Many items they're getting would be great for another role. And since you can trade now you have 4x the chance at upgrades for your character if you're running with friends who aren't after the exact same items as you(which is how a balanced group should work).

If you don't have friends it will clearly take longer. That's part of how MMO's work. Only playing by yourself isn't as efficient as teaming up with the same people on a regular basis.

Again, complaining that MMO's are MMO's is fucking stupid.
    You're assuming said people want to play different roles. It's much easier to focus on a primary role and gear for that then hope you have good gear for a secondary role you may not want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to complain about this game, it would be about lack of content.

I want more CMs, I want another DZ. The Incursion by design was disappointing, but still fun with friends, but I was still pissed off with it as it reminded me of Mount Hyjal.

All your complaints are over loot, what is your lack of loot stopping you doing?

There is also a big map wasted of pve stuff which is useless. It could be cool if used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Now that is complete bullshit for people that haven't been able to do it yet.

PTR is definitely needed now.
    Agreed.

I think one thing everyone can agree on is that Massive's QA needs to step up their fucking game, and fast.

- - - Updated - - -

I want more CMs, I want another DZ. The Incursion by design was disappointing, but still fun with friends, but I was still pissed off with it as it reminded me of Mount Hyjal.

All your complaints are over loot, what is your lack of loot stopping you doing?
    I agree with that as well. This game is suffering from a serious lack of content, period. I get that it's only been out a little over a month, but the damn thing was delayed by TWO(?) freaking years! Where the hell did all the extra development time go? There should have been more content available at this point than what there currently is.

You can't launch a game like this, in this day and age, and not have even the bare bones of end-game infrastructure required to help keep people going. "But it's a new game" is not a valid excuse anymore. Not with what else is available in the video game market and what is expected of games nowadays. If Devs want to make MMOs or MMO-like games, then they better be prepared to deliver and not come out with bullshit statements shortly after launch and say "we weren't expecting our playerbase to chew through the content this fast!" Sorry, but playerbases have been doing this for years now....you can no longer make a game anymore and act like you didn't expect it to happen.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-04-16 at 02:37 AM.

There is also a big map wasted of pve stuff which is useless. It could be cool if used correctly.
    My problem with loot is how you get it.

There is a lack of content therefor my focus is grinding loot but grinding that loot is a nightmare since they keep nerfing legit ways to farm said loot into the ground. My issue with the game is a mix of everything and massive isn't doing anything at all to make it better.

Ontop of that I didn't ask for a shitty version of horde mode as my endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    My problem with loot is how you get it.

There is a lack of content therefor my focus is grinding loot but grinding that loot is a nightmare since they keep nerfing legit ways to farm said loot into the ground. My issue with the game is a mix of everything and massive isn't doing anything at all to make it better.

Ontop of that I didn't ask for a shitty version of horde mode as my endgame.
    This is one of the biggest problems right now. Not enough content to keep people interested. So instead they do the one other thing available: farm loot. However, most of the legit ways of acquiring loot in the game are horribly implemented and they have done nothing but nerf them since launch to make it even worse.

So we have a game with little to no content after the 1-30 leveling experience is over, and a shitty loot/reward system that keeps getting worse with every patch because Massive is trying to slow everyone down. Which is where the exploits are coming into play. People want to be rewarded, and the game as it is, is not rewarding (at least if you play legitimately). So they exploit.

It's turned into a vicious cycle quickly with this game, and unfortunately Massive keeps fumbling around and making things worse.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-04-16 at 02:44 AM.

Considering I am only 166, I would personally like to be closer to high 170 to mid 180 before doing the incursion. Just because the recommended starting point is 160 doesn't mean you should actually start trying it with 160. My gear as a whole is a mess....aside from my chest(has that reckless talent) and holster I haven't really gotten good gear...so while yes my gear is 166...it's not really that good. On top of it, the content....Farming Lexington is boring as hell right now. Also last i checked...it was a loot based RPG wasn't it? If it's not rewarding loot properly....then that's a problem. I honestly feel like im fucking playing vanilla D3.

Considering I am only 166, I would personally like to be closer to high 170 to mid 180 before doing the incursion. Just because the recommended starting point is 160 doesn't mean you should actually start trying it with 160. My gear as a whole is a mess....aside from my chest(has that reckless talent) and holster I haven't really gotten good gear...so while yes my gear is 166...it's not really that good. On top of it, the content....Farming Lexington is boring as hell right now. Also last i checked...it was a loot based RPG wasn't it? If it's not rewarding loot properly....then that's a problem. I honestly feel like im fucking playing vanilla D3.
    Hammer meet nail head.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you enjoy the gameplay, your best bet is to go to the DZ and find a group to farm with. I've found it the best way to get mats to craft with, or, and it's a very big OR, get good loot to drop.

The only time in this game I haven't felt like I have been progressing is when I am at the later levels of gear. Which I am at again now, so all I have left to do is, Incursion once a week and farm mats in the hope that I craft a better piece than before.

Oh, I also have rank 75 to grind, to get a blueprint for a 204 weapon. I'm currently 69, I don't know if I can be bothered.

I do love the game, but I need a new DZ to grind in. I'm fine with doing a daily CM, as it takes 10-15 mins, but content is severely lacking, and that should be our main complaint, not how we get loot.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2016-04-16 at 02:52 AM.

It's almost like you aren't restricted to a single role which means more than just one type of gear is good...
    Which is all find and dandy unless you don't want to play multiple roles.

I've met many players that absolutely refuse to play Support at all. And that's their prerogative. Their gameplay and loot experience shouldn't be hampered by the fact that someone like you is saying "but the loot you ARE getting could be used for a different role!" Loot trading helps ease this somewhat, but it's still just a bandaid fix for a larger overall problem with the loot system.

It's almost like you aren't restricted to a single role which means more than just one type of gear is good...
    So you want me to grind for more gear in a game that has a broken reward system.......

Also its almost like there is people who only want to play one role....

If you enjoy the gameplay, your best bet is to go to the DZ and find a group to farm with. I've found it the best way to get mats to craft with, or, and it's a very big OR, get good loot to drop.
    See, DZ is boring as fuck...I don't like running around hoping to find something to kill. When the instance I get isn't that full and my group is able to run around and get stuff it's fun I guess. They need to add missions inside the dark zone imho. It's super grindy and boring to me. I like the pure "pve" end of the game a lot, however as a more casual player if I feel like my time isn't being rewraded properly without exploiting then there's something wrong. I haven't exploited yet, absolutely none whatsoever. However I am at the point where I am kind of feeling like playing the way I am is so unrewarding that it's actually starting to make no sense to me to not exploit. This was the game that got me to invest into the next gen consoles(and go figure I friggen got it for PC anyways). The ambition behind the game with the setting and tone had me absolutely hooked. The problem is the execution of the game and how rewards are going out. As I said...I have literally gotten ZERO upgrades since tuesday with probably close to 10 hours played since then(maybe a little less). The only game more unrewarding to me was vanilla D3...I quit that shit fast. Massive needs to get it together or I'll look past this game until I have nothing else to play and want to see the state of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, DZ is boring as fuck...I don't like running around hoping to find something to kill. When the instance I get isn't that full and my group is able to run around and get stuff it's fun I guess. They need to add missions inside the dark zone imho. It's super grindy and boring to me. I like the pure "pve" end of the game a lot, however as a more casual player if I feel like my time isn't being rewraded properly without exploiting then there's something wrong. I haven't exploited yet, absolutely none whatsoever. However I am at the point where I am kind of feeling like playing the way I am is so unrewarding that it's actually starting to make no sense to me to not exploit. This was the game that got me to invest into the next gen consoles(and go figure I friggen got it for PC anyways). The ambition behind the game with the setting and tone had me absolutely hooked. The problem is the execution of the game and how rewards are going out. As I said...I have literally gotten ZERO upgrades since tuesday with probably close to 10 hours played since then(maybe a little less). The only game more unrewarding to me was vanilla D3...I quit that shit fast. Massive needs to get it together or I'll look past this game until I have nothing else to play and want to see the state of the game.
    They've added daily missions which give DZ exp. Not much, but it's something.

With the DZ, when you learn a route it makes it much better. You can just constantly camp bosses (meaning you hit them just as they spawn). The area round about DZ03 is best for this. Of course, if there is others in the map doing the same, then meh.