Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Georgia still has segregated proms.
    what's that? different rooms for boys and girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Old people have been complaining that the younger generation are "degenerates" for literally thousands of years. It's never been the case. It's just old people angry about their lost youth.
    I could not agree more.

Anyway, the idea that the focus of school and childhood should be all about discipline and punishment didn't actually really happen until the 1930's. Before that, the emphasis was on teaching children and preparing them for life. Especially back when it was normal for kids to be working when they were teenagers instead of high school being the norm. But after the stock market crash in the 1930's, they looked at the education system and realised that kids were leaving school with the idea that they had agency in their lives, and had "too strong" of an ability to think for themselves and work through problems themselves, which was seen to be a problem in that "overproduction" was blamed on the stock market crash.

The rulers of corporations wanted workers who were obedient and subservient and who were better equipped to follow menial instructions and carry out menial work rather than striking out on their own, or actually having input into how things could improve. And so education systems were changed, and corporal punishment became common with a strong emphasis on having children remain quiet and obedient, and teaching becoming far less interactive and memory-focused, and free thinking became something to punish a child for. Imagination came to be seen as a terrible trait to be controlled rather than nurtured. Prior to that, real life scenarios were incorporated into the curriculum so children would leave school with an understanding of taxes and taxation calculations and measurements used in real life etc. Now, almost 80 years later, almost nothing has changed, despite "overproduction" no longer being seen as a threat and corporations and pretty much all employers are lamenting that graduates don't seem to be able to take initiative, think for themselves, think laterally, have poor problem-solving capabilities and have called for the reversal of the mindset that has dominated education for so long. But still, there are those who say that in the interest of tradition, schooling should remain how it was post 1930s!
    Last edited by phillys; 2016-04-16 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Perez was faced with many parents’ worst nightmare: a situation in which she felt powerless to help her child. Georgia is one of 19 states that still allow corporal punishment in schools. And Georgia state law does not make it easy for a parent to opt out of corporal punishment for their child. The law states, "If a parent or guardian does not approve of the use of corporal punishment against their child, they must provide a written statement from a physician stating that it would be detrimental to the child's health."

http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/ar...nked-in-school

Now there is no way that I would stand by and watch anybody hit my child. As always with these types of stories you wont ever have the full truth too. If you are the two ladies in this video, how the hell do you go to work at a place that you end up scaring a kid like they do then hitting them. I have had some shit days at work, I have never had one so screwed up hitting a kid was a part of my day.

Seems easy enough, you're going to have a physician that's ensured your child is developing properly. As such, you ask them to write a note. Done.

The only hard part is the having a physician, at which I'd argue it's far worse to suffer a lifetime of abuse/neglect from a parent who can't be bothered to have a regular physician for their child than a single spanking at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Corporal Punishment in schools is an outdated concept, but you're going to get people in here that are going to preach about how them getting a beating made them better people.

I just don't see how a grown adult being physically abusive towards someone much smaller and weaker than them in any way solves issues long-term.

Huge difference between a spanking and physical abuse.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillys View Post
    what's that? different rooms for boys and girls?
    Blacks have their own proms while whites have their own. Some places started to integrate a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDla-r2uj7U

Old people have been complaining that the younger generation are "degenerates" for literally thousands of years. It's never been the case. It's just old people angry about their lost youth.
    Uh well the degenerate comment was in response to the picture of the mom who thinks its fun to teach her 4 year out to flip the bird.

Did you want to remark on any of this:

The job is to prepare them to be contributing members of society.

I know a lot of educators in America ignore this most important function instead favoring ideological indoctrination.

We're seeing the backlash of that now with an incompatible millennial workforce that employers don't want.

How are our educators responding to that?

They double down on the ideology that created the problem in the first place.

We've got a bunch of youngins' running around wanting the world their way even though their ways have no chance of ever working and when they fail, which they always do, they blame the very thing they were never going to be compatible with in the first place.

Its like a guy who wont get up from his chair to get a glass of water so he reaches for a nearby jug of bleach, chugs it down, and then yells at society for the stomach ache.

Teachers could counteract this but, no, here in America they reinforce it with more stupidity.

They forgot what their JOB was.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Uh well the degenerate comment was in response to the picture of the mom who thinks its fun to teach her 4 year out to flip the bird.

Did you want to remark on any of this:
    Not particularly. You're just complaining that many teachers aren't in ideological lockstep with you, but have minds of their own.

And whining about the "youngins" in a manner that is a constant throughout history;

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly disrespectful and impatient of restraint

- Hesiod, like 2800 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Seems easy enough, you're going to have a physician that's ensured your child is developing properly. As such, you ask them to write a note. Done.

The only hard part is the having a physician, at which I'd argue it's far worse to suffer a lifetime of abuse/neglect from a parent who can't be bothered to have a regular physician for their child than a single spanking at school.

Huge difference between a spanking and physical abuse.
    Not necessarily so simple. A doctor could very well turn around and say something like if it doesn't endanger a child's physical health, like a child had haemophilia or something like that which could lead to a spanking causing complications which could cause physical health issues, then they may not do it. And we don't all have a regular family doctor. Where I go to you see whichever doctor is available at the time. You can ask for your regular, but they're not often available, or require an appointment to see them. I much prefer being able to walk in without an appointment being necessary, and actually being able to see a doctor when you or one of your kids is actually sick and without having to pay and then later get a refund check and have to cash it and then wait for it to clear. It's not neglect. It's just how it works.

In a lot of countries, and even some states of America, using a weapon such as a paddle is illegal and deemed abuse.

Blacks have their own proms while whites have their own. Some places started to integrate a few years ago.

that would have made the racists in my country (Australia) pretty angry. Their plan was that white people should make every effort to breed with Aboriginals, with the idea being that white genes are stronger, so we'd breed them out, and while we were doing that, we'd take on Aboriginal genes which were superior, like better resistance to skin cancer. That was their take on eugenics, which has left modern eugenecists kind of confused, and no-one knows what to call that scheme. To my knowledge, they still haven't named it, other than genocide.

Not particularly. You're just complaining that many teachers aren't in ideological lockstep with you, but have minds of their own.

And whining about the "youngins" in a manner that is a constant throughout history;

I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly disrespectful and impatient of restraint

- Hesiod, like 2800 years ago.
    You don't come off as witty, to me, by trying to reduce this to generational disparity because that's not at all the issue here ...so do better.

This goes far beyond a sentiment as simplistic as "those darn kids and their rock n' roll".

Its about teachers, people in places of both high influence and with heavy purpose, forsaking that responsibility by hammering in the worst sort of dysfunctional and destructive rhetoric which leaves the then-converted sheep of a student at a disadvantage as they enter the real world.

Such is the threat currently facing American students.

Perhaps you can't fully appreciate that as you're not here to witness its painfully obvious consequences first hand.

No no, Endus, this is not about having a difference in opinion or even a "mind of their own" - which is a laughable defense considering the particular form of rhetoric being deployed here has an extreme intolerance for differences of opinion and believes anything outside of the "lockstep" of the group mentality is somehow inferior.

Its about conditioning a child to be content with perpetual failure.

Its about breeding the permanent underclass.

Now if you are half the intellectual I think you to be then you certainly see the strategy at work here and can certainly distinguish my opposition to it from more than the simple dissimilitude of the old and the young.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't come off as witty, to me, by trying to reduce this to generational disparity because that's not at all the issue here ...so do better.

This goes far beyond a sentiment as simplistic as "those darn kids and their rock n' roll".

Its about teachers, people in places of both high influence and with heavy purpose, forsaking that responsibility by hammering in the worst sort of dysfunctional and destructive rhetoric which leaves the then-converted sheep of a student at a disadvantage as they enter the real world.
    And what you're calling "dysfunctional and destructive rhetoric" is no different than those geezers of old complaining about what rock n' roll was gonna do.

That's the point. Those old-timers of yesteryear really felt THEY were right, too. And the generation before them. And those before THEM. And so on, into the mists of history, forever.

You're doing exactly the same thing.

And what you're calling "dysfunctional and destructive rhetoric" is no different than those geezers of old complaining about what rock n' roll was gonna do.

That's the point. Those old-timers of yesteryear really felt THEY were right, too. And the generation before them. And those before THEM. And so on, into the mists of history, forever.

You're doing exactly the same thing.
    If its exactly the same then why are the millennials failing specifically because of the warped education they've been conditioned with?

Collaborative recruiting platforms here in the US have detailed 38,700 some odd employers who cited "millennial mindset" as the #1 reason to fire or not hire a worker.

For comparison the #1 reason for decades past was "old age".

Its funny how people who grew up in the tech explosion seem to be completely ignorant to the fact that technology is filtering them right out of the running.

For a lot of employers, degrees from such ultra radicalized universities earn you an automatic DQ before any human eye ever sets upon your resume.

Honestly I don't understand how you cant(wont) make this connection.

These people take the following qualities to their employer when asking for a job:

-Having "too much" money makes you a bad person.
    -Success is built on the backs of "racism".
    -Business is the essence of evil because it "takes" from the worker.
    -Capitalism is "wrong" because people who contribute more get more.
    -I'm "entitled" to PTO, healthcare, pensions, benefits, because I "need" them.

Now why in the hell would any employer want this poison?

The answer is they don't and so that's exactly what America is dealing with right now.

So, again Endus, its not just simple generational disparity.

Besides it doesn't even freakin qualify on the basic level of your premise because this failed rhetoric is centuries old! ...haha.
    MAGA

i was spanked once, or twice in my life. but for the most part i was a good kid, never needing to be hit. with that in mind i'm totally against corporal punishment. it might spoil kids to have them not hit, but imo hitting kids is never the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its exactly the same then why are the millennials failing specifically because of the warped education they've been conditioned with?
    They aren't.

These people take the following qualities to their employer when asking for a job:

-Having "too much" money makes you a bad person.
    -Success is built on the backs of "racism".
    -Business is the essence of evil because it "takes" from the worker.
    -Capitalism is "wrong" because people who contribute more get more.
    -I'm "entitled" to PTO, healthcare, pensions, benefits, because I "need" them.

Now why in the hell would any employer want this poison?
    None of that is "poison". All you're doing is presenting a wildly and irrationally hostile position, and expecting that "most" people agree with you. They don't. What you're presenting is a fringe viewpoint, where you punish potential employees for daring to have a different political perspective than you. Not only is nothing you said here rational, many companies directly support these perspectives in their own outlook.

All you're doing is demonstrating that you're a far-right ideologue who refuses to consider other perspectives.

Literally all you are doing is detailing precisely the generational disparities that you're claiming aren't at play.

WTH...That must have been one of the most back water counties in Georgia. My prom wasn't segregated and that was back in 02.

Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    its schizoaffective not schizophrenic and its very easy to get it since i got the f38 "affective" . Also wanting to beat easy targets is normal and not ever part of a disorder . used to be a symptom a sadism
    I gotta ask, what shit do you fucking smoke man?

They aren't.
    They ..."they arent" ...just "they arent" ...?

/facepalm

Because you say so? ...I don't understand.

Because tens of thousands of employers regularly contribute to collaborative recruiting efforts and professional communities which have recognized millennial mindset as a definitive obstacle in hiring.

None of that is "poison". All you're doing is presenting a wildly and irrationally hostile position, and expecting that "most" people agree with you. They don't. What you're presenting is a fringe viewpoint, where you punish potential employees for daring to have a different political perspective than you. Not only is nothing you said here rational, many companies directly support these perspectives in their own outlook.
    Huh ..."wildly irrational hostile position" ...what?

Are you quite blind? ...or stoned ...or just trolling me?

I typed, and you quoted, five things that are in fact wild ...irrational ...and hostile to the business world.

Those five things, and others, being precisely why these kids are being fired or not hired in the first place.

A fringe viewpoint? ...wtf?

I think you've been living inside this forum for far too long.

There might be no shortage of radicalized youngins on the internet but in the real business world you're representing the fringe viewpoint.

I realize from time to time you may see a puff-piece where some large company appears to be caving to the wilds of your ideology but I hope you're not that naive and thinking you've "changed the world".

Fighting mob mentality has always been a challenge for business.

Such a challenge in fact that it invented an entire sector of business itself; public relations.

A business which makes a concessional gesture and then feeds it to the media you devour is a business that has shielded itself from the hysteria induced outrage that proves to be problematic.

But at the end of the day production marches on, merit and effort are leveraged against the rewards of success, and shareholders demand that fiduciary duty be fulfilled.

All you're doing is demonstrating that you're a far-right ideologue who refuses to consider other perspectives. Literally all you are doing is detailing precisely the generational disparities that you're claiming aren't at play.
    Again I'm going to point out the comedic hypocrisy of defending an ideology, that by its own definition will not tolerate dissent, by suggesting somebody wont consider that perspective.

Ok? ...it honestly makes me LOL IRL.

So now that we've got that out of the way I'll try to point out to you this simple fact because I think in your haste you've just overlooked it:

THESE PERSPECTIVES HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED!
    THEY HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED!
    THEY FAIL AND RESULT IN DEATH!

You said you were a teacher and I seriously hope you're not a history teacher because, holy shit, modern history is filled with examples of these points of view being "considered".

In fact I invite you to pull up a chair and watch Venezuela burn to the ground because that's what happens when those points of view got "considered".

Friend, I considered them.

I took a good long look and, obviously, regularly revisit them.

They just don't work and you cant demonstrate otherwise.

And I noticed how you conveniently took this part out which proves, without a doubt, that your conclusion has been wrong this entire time.

Besides it doesn't even freakin qualify on the basic level of your premise because this failed rhetoric is centuries old! ...haha.
    Your false premise, of course, this entire time being that my position is just a new generation being angisty with the one that came before it when lo and behold you overlooked the fact that these radicalized ideals are centuries old.

There is no out with the old in with the new balance here.

Its quite simple people who know better having to deal ignorant and manipulated people who were never given a proper education.

Which brings us full circle back to the point: teachers are failing their students.
    Last edited by TrumpIsPresident; 2016-04-16 at 08:39 AM.
    MAGA