Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Seems like 97% of scientists need to buckle down and learn some science....

Do humans have a impact? All signs point to yes, how large though is debatable. Climate change happens regardless or human involvement.... Do people think the ice age didn't happen now or am I missing something?

To be honest I suspect this study is shoddy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post

Do humans have a impact? All signs point to yes, how large though is debatable. Climate change happens regardless or human involvement.... Do people think the ice age didn't happen now or am I missing something?

Yes. You're missing the part where scientists aren't and never have ignoring non human factors. Nobody denies ice ages happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    Its always amusing and sad at the same time to See People who have zero scientific background arguing against actual experts purely on the basis of some BS they heard from people who share their political agenda. A truely lost cause.
    And remember, lead is safe.

http://i.imgur.com/YLaMtb5.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/MbdcboP.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/BHEhPf9.jpg

Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2016-04-16 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post

Exactly, we are insignificant in the scope of the earths future. We are only living on the surface of a gigantic rock hurtling through space, close to a heat source that could vaporize it at any moment.The moon could lose orbit and crash into us or a giant asteroid from god knows where could crush us at any moment. I prefer to not live in fear of things I cant change, the things I can change I will fight for.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-16 at 08:32 AM.

I just thought of something curious.

Why are people still dragging out that X year pause nonsense when I thought we'd all moved past that stage and into the 'well it's happening but it's not us' stage?

Or do we simply not care about internal consistency of arguments?
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Exactly, we are insignificant in the scope of the earths future. We are only living on the surface of a gigantic rock hurtling through space, close to a heat source that could vaporize it at any moment.The moon could lose orbit and crash into us or a giant asteroid from god knows where could crush us at any moment. I prefer to not live in fear of things I cant change, the things I can change I will fight for.
    Nobody is claiming that we're an existential threat to the Earth itself. We're a threat to the climate of Earth as we know it, and thus life as we know it. The Earth, and ultimately life, will adapt, but will we still be around for it? That's the choice we have to make.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I just thought of something curious.

Why are people still dragging out that X year pause nonsense when I thought we'd all moved past that stage and into the 'well it's happening but it's not us' stage?

Or do we simply not care about internal consistency of arguments?
    Its because they were fiddling with the sensors, its well documented.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Nobody is claiming that we're an existential threat to the Earth itself. We're a threat to the climate of Earth as we know it, and thus life as we know it. The Earth, and ultimately life, will adapt, but will we still be around for it? That's the choice we have to make.
    We are insignificant, just a single atom in the universe. I think the earth outlast us since its been around forever.

...This statement has nothing to do with what he said.

- - - Updated - - -

We are insignificant, just a single atom in the universe.
    Sure, but we aren't insignificant in relation to ourselves. The impact we can have on climate is more than enough to put ourselves in danger.

Sure, but we aren't insignificant in relation to ourselves. The impact we can have on climate is more than enough to put ourselves in danger.
    If we were given the ability to pollute our planet isn't it part of evolution that we do so?. So we are a bacteria on the earth, so what?. Even a bacteria gonna bacteria.

Alright. So they fiddled with the sensors to make it look like it's warming, when in reality temperature's have stayed constant. And we're going to prove it by taking the fiddled data and drawing a line with it. Because an analysis on fiddled data that shows no warming proves that the data was fiddled with, which proves that there's no warming.

So even setting aside the fact that you're answering a different question, your answer is itself full of inconsistency.

- - - Updated - - -

If we were given the ability to pollute our planet isn't it part of evolution that we do so?. So we are a bacteria on the earth, so what?. Even a bacteria gonna bacteria.
    'We evolved this ability therefore it is insignificant' doesn't even make sense.

So my opinion people that believe in climate change are scared of evolution. Which is ironic because they are the ones that came up with evolution. Its like creating a nightmare out of thin air and then living in it every waking hour. Tick-tock Tick-tock, climate change is gonna get ya.

If we are to accept the assertion that 97% of scientists believe climate change is caused by humans, then let's begin debate at the beginning with a simple question. What are the names of the scientists in the 97%? Let's see the list, instead of hearing a percentage thrown around as fact.

So my opinion people that believe in climate change are scared of evolution. Which is ironic because they are the ones that came up with evolution. Its like creating a nightmare out of thin air and then living in it every waking hour.
    Like, I get that you're playing a character, but how do you actually come up with this stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    If we are to accept the assertion that 97% of scientists believe climate change is caused by humans, then let's begin debate at the beginning with a simple question. What are the names of the scientists in the 97%? Let's see the list, instead of hearing a percentage thrown around as fact.
    One more person that thinks statistics is equivalent to taking a census.

So my opinion people that believe in climate change are scared of evolution. Which is ironic because they are the ones that came up with evolution. Its like creating a nightmare out of thin air and then living in it every waking hour. Tick-tock Tick-tock, climate change is gonna get ya.
    What in the name of fuck are you on about now? Pollution and evolution have nothing to do with one another.

What in the name of fuck are you on about now? Pollution and evolution have nothing to do with one another.
    Same people pushing the idea, they aren't mutually exclusive.

One more person that thinks statistics is equivalent to taking a census.[/QUOTE]

97% of those scientists are French models...

No wonder we haven't invented any good stuff in a long time, 97% of scientists are kooky hippies. Once president Trump takes over I hope he ds a thorough delousing of our scientific and college cartel.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-16 at 08:58 AM.

Same people pushing the idea, they aren't mutually exclusive.
    While they aren't mutually exclusive, climate scientists are not biologists. Your wording is also fucking weird. Scientists don't "push" their hypotheses, they submit them for peer review. If there is a flaw in their methodology, the scientific community is absolutely brutal about pointing it out. Evolution and anthropogenic climate change are both the prevailing theories in their respective fields because they withstand the brutal scrutiny of peer review.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    One more person that thinks statistics is equivalent to taking a census.
    94% of those scientists are French models. Of those, 23% prefer unsalted peanuts. You'll just have to accept it as fact because I said so.

No wonder we haven't invented any good stuff in a long time, 97% of scientists are kooky hippies.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaha

* deeply inhales

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAA.

We've made more significant advances in virtually every field in the last 2 decades than in the sum of human history prior.