Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    She could easily be the Horde field commander. It's not different from Bolvar and Saurfang Jr. leading the forces against the Scourge at the Wrathgate.
    The difference is, that in northrend, neither the warchief, nor the high king were present. Thus they appointed field commanders.

But in the broken shore, The Warchief AND the high king are present, thus, they're the ones leading their forces. Not Jaina, not Sylvanas, not Greymane, not Gelbin, not Baine, not Lor'themar.

Vol'jin and Varian.

The VV team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    He's just MIA
    Ohh please. I'm gonna eat my hat if he's not dead.

OR rather, its possible he's still alive, but the odds of him going back to being warchief when this expansion is over, are close to none. He's a goner. Either now, or later, but I don't really give him any odds of making it out of this one alive. Feel free to bookmark this post and collect your bets when Legion is over.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    The difference is, that in northrend, neither the warchief, nor the high king were present. Thus they appointed field commanders.
    Varian was the leading Alliance commander in Northrend. Yes, it was before the High King position appeared, but Varian was there.

But in the broken shore, The Warchief AND the high king are present, thus, they're the ones leading their forces. Not Jaina, not Sylvanas, not Greymane, not Gelbin, not Baine, not Lor'themar.

Vol'jin and Varian.

The VV team.
    The opening cinematic and the voice files indicates other possibility. Just because Varian is retard and spearheads the attack (sooner or later, he would die and create a dynastic problem for Anduin), it doesn't mean that Horde leadership is that stupid.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-04-15 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Varian was the leading Alliance commander in Northrend.
    Symbolically. The Field Commander was Bolvar. Varian only went to northrend personally when Bolvar died. Prior to that, he was in stormwind the whole time.

Yes, it was before the High King position appeared, but Varian was there.

Just because Varian is retard and spearheads the attack (sooner or later, he would die and create a dynastic problem for Anduin), it doesn't mean that Horde leadership is that stupid.
    Leading from the front is not exclusive to varian. Sylvanas does it (See Silverpine Forest, Siege of Orgrimmar and western plaguelands) Baine does it (Siege of Thunderbluff on the shattering book, and on the battle of theramoore) Vol'jin does it (Siege of the shado-pan monastery in Shadows of the Horde, Darkspear rebellion in MoP, Battle of Theramoore, Retaking of the Echo Isles) Lor'themar does it (Battle of Theramoore, 5.1 5.2 Siege of Orgrimmar, and he did so extensively during the second war) Thrall does it (Too many examples to count) pretty much the only horde leader that doesn't lead from the front is Gallywix, and that's mostly because he's not even in the game.

On the alliance side, Varian does it (Too many examples to count) Jaina does it (Ditto) Muradin does it, Gelbin does it (Operation: gnomeregan, Siege of Orgrimmar) Tyrande does it (Too many examples to count) Greymane does it (Battle for Gilneas) pretty much the only leader they have that doesn't lead from the front is Velen, and even then, his alternate version still did it on WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    So how does Varian die?
    Gul'dan does him in.

10+ Year Old Account

OR rather, its possible he's still alive, but the odds of him going back to being warchief when this expansion is over, are close to none. He's a goner. Either now, or later, but I don't really give him any odds of making it out of this one alive. Feel free to bookmark this post and collect your bets when Legion is over.
    Well... i will do as you say, i will be waiting for the end of Legion with a smile

Deleted
    Symbolically. The Field Commander was Bolvar. Varian only went to northrend personally when Bolvar died. Prior to that, he was in stormwind the whole time.
    All we know is that Varian was the commander of the Valiance Expedition. His whereabouts were unknown, he could be in transit.

Sylvanas does it (See Silverpine Forest, Siege of Orgrimmar and western plaguelands)
    That's why she was killed in Silverpine Forest and was uncover in the Plaguelands.

Vol'jin does it (Siege of the shado-pan monastery in Shadows of the Horde, Darkspear rebellion in MoP, Battle of Theramoore, Retaking of the Echo Isles)
    He was a field commander during the Siege of the Shado-pan and the Battle of Theramore.

Lor'themar does it (Battle of Theramoore, 5.1 5.2 Siege of Orgrimmar, and he did so extensively during the second war)
    As field commander.

Thrall does it (Too many examples to count)
    Just once as Warchief, during the Battle for Undercity.

On the alliance side, Varian does it (Too many examples to count)
    And is retard for that, considering that he is the only monarch that depends on his heir. Look what happened with Magni becoming crystal and Moria being the heir.

Jaina does it (Ditto), Muradin does it, Gelbin does it (Operation: gnomeregan, Siege of Orgrimmar) Tyrande does it (Too many examples to count)
    The grand majority of those as field commanders.

Greymane does it (Battle for Gilneas)
    A civil war and a war for survival.

The biggest difference between the Alliance and the Horse is that besides Garrosh, the Warchiefs usually avoided the frontlines.

Plz record it then

I also don't believe they'd actually kill him without giving him development of essence. Secondly Horde already lost two major lore figures like Cairne and Garrosh. Killing another founder of the Horde and this soon seems to be a bit too much of a stretch. Also there is no replacement for him as Tribe's leader, or any significan and recogniseable one. And lastly, he is Loa's favourite they'll protect him.

He could return during questing experience or patch.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2016-04-15 at 07:04 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I also don't believe they'd actually kill him without giving him development of essence.
    I would.

Contrary to all the alliance whining, its the horde who hardly ever receives love from the writers. For them, the horde repertoire of characters is just a box of second-rate villains for players to kill when they run out of shit to fight. The only use they ever give the horde characters is to either turn them evil, or kill them off. When was the last time they actually let a horde character save the day?

They look at all the horde protagonists and all they see is either A: Cannon fodder to make the alliance look good, or B: Second-rate villains to kill in the interim while they come up with new stuff for us to kill.

So yeah, I don't exactly have much faith that they'll let vol'jin live. Hell, look at what they're doing with Sylvanas, its almost painful to see just how much they're grooming her to be a villain to kill in the nearby future, which would mean what, the fourth warchief in a row we lose? We're going through our warchiefs like cigarettes at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde acts like typical Horde, Alliance players cry that they are stupid. Horde acts smartly and Alliance players cry they are cowards.

I would.
    When was the last time they actually let a horde character save the day?
    Thrall in Dragon Soul?

So yeah, I don't exactly have much faith that they'll let vol'jin live. Hell, look at what they're doing with Sylvanas, its almost painful to see just how much they're grooming her to be a villain to kill in the nearby future, which would mean what, the fourth warchief in a row we lose? We're going through our warchiefs like cigarettes at this point.
    Then it would make even less sense to kill off Both Sylvanas and Vol'Jin. But as for the warchief rotation - I agree it became a joke. Kinda feels like Defence against Dark Arts Teacher seat.
    Though your statement sems to be a bit overdramatic to me.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2016-04-16 at 12:48 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Using Spectral Sight near the casket of Varian reveals Tiffin Wrynn's ghost weeping and the spirit of Lo'Gosh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrake999 View Post
    Using Spectral Sight near the casket of Varian reveals Tiffin Wrynn's ghost weeping and the spirit of Lo'Gosh.

any screenshot pls?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrake999 View Post
    That is a very nice touch!

At long last he gets to see his wife again...

Oh boy this is going to get emotional for me when I see it in game. Not that I really RP or much of anything, but... as a paladin and honorary knight of stormwind (well, lore-wise I presume I'm already like a knight captain or something with some lands and a title, I mean I did kill the Lich King, Deathwing and storm Orgrimmar), it's going to hurt right in the feels.

RIP my king
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2016-04-16 at 08:38 PM.

There is no evidence that vol'jin is there yet. The only horde leader we've seen is Sylvanas, who is more than likely to 'retreat' (or flee) to preserve her life.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    There is no evidence that vol'jin is there yet. The only horde leader we've seen is Sylvanas, who is more than likely to 'retreat' (or flee) to preserve her life.
    According to voice files, he is there. But what actually happens to him - well, we have to wait for Horde version to be published to find out.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we have Sylvanas voice files, and she clearly yells for Vol'jin and Baine (so at least we know those 2 are in there)

Quote Originally Posted by Shizari View Post
    That is a very nice touch!

At long last he gets to see his wife again...
    Well she's weeping. No touching reunion. The demons took his soul or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Well she's weeping. No touching reunion. The demons took his soul or something?
    I think, that at least in the Warcraft universe, souls don't leave the body as soon as they die, reason why someone who got killed without a big time difference can be rezzed (Like Varian the first time he died) or his soul is in the way to the shadow lands

There is no evidence that vol'jin is there yet.
    Yes there is. Why do you think Sylvanas is warchief now? Do you forget that Vol'jin is the current warchief of the horde? Sylvanas is warchief now because Vol'jin dies (or goes missing) in the broken shore.

The alliance wasn't the only one who lost people there. Even if they wanna pretend they are.

The only horde leader we've seen is Sylvanas
    We haven't "seen" anyone, because the horde version of that event is not available. Why are you so sure Sylvanas is exclusively the only horde leader present? are you pre-cognitive? can you see the future?

Or is it because there's a lack of datamined audio-files? Because I'll remind you that the alliance version of that same event is already out and they don't have any audio-files either, the only leader with actual voiced lines is Greymane. Varian, Jaina, Gelbin, and everyone else is completely voiceless for now.

So I must ask, why are you so 100% sure Sylvanas is the only one there? and that she was the one calling the shots when the actual warchief of the horde was there too?

who is more than likely to 'retreat' (or flee) to preserve her life.
    Right. That's why she was leading from the front in Silverpine. And Battle for Undercity. And Siege of Orgrimmar. And the battle of theramoore. And her guerrilla war against Arthas on the ruins of Lordaeron.

An armchair general, Sylvanas is not.
    Last edited by Derah; 2016-04-17 at 09:20 PM.