For me personally I enjoyed the aspect of creating your own group, running dungeons/raids with people from your own server and having a friends list full of those people. But these days most people are off random queuing. The premade group finder has helped but imo that's all wow needs. They don't need this random queuing system.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    I'll take that over spending 2 hours to try to find a group for a dungeon
    2 hours? Either you played on a low pop server, didn't know how to make friends/join a guild or played a unpopular class like an Enh Shammy.
    I played as a mage and the worst wait time would be around 30min iirc - played on Blackrock.

While I waited i'd farm in Silithus anyway.

Almost 900,000 players say they want to see this.
    LMAO. What 900 thousands?

It undermines social interaction which is one of the core pillars in a MMO-RPG though.

I think quite a few people jump on the Nost buzz wagon not because they love vanilla so much, but because they dislike what WoW dev stands for nowadays compare the old days. And some people who argue against Nost often starts with the assumption that a law/business-optimal decision is the best the future of this game and the game industry.

Deleted

It's funny how people speak of graphics and convenience without realising the purpose of having those big sprawling dungeons and you waiting in /2 to find 2 more players to go and PuG UBRS.

There's a reason for it - immersion and environmental story-telling. Your character is a cocky and charismatic adventurer that loves themselves a good challenge. Going up to the dungeon it is business as usual - you and your buddies are killing the mobs and clearing a way. However, as soon as you enter a sprawling complex you immediately know that the denizens are not to be taken lightly. You don't need a cheesy cutscene or awful voice-acting to know that you are getting yourself into a potentially tricky situation, you feel it when you see the door open before you and reveal the lines of orcs awaiting you.

The whole idea is for you to get a little bit lost, confused and disorientated. To appreciate the scenery, to have a chat with the rest of your party and generally to feel like an adventurer going into forsaken and dangerous lands. The fact that you spent 2h in trade chat made it all the more satisfying. It meant that players weren't going to quit after a wipe or two and it meant that when the boss dropped a piece of loot and you won it, you felt like an absolute badass.

When you reduce dungeons to mob corridors you take away the feeling of danger, when you make bosses push-overs no matter who you hire to voice them, I am not going to believe you that they pose more of a threat than a bear in Elwyn forest. Convenience is important but it should never come at the expense of gameplay. If it does, than that means your game sucks at a fundamental level.

Deleted

Can you $pot it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post

Can you $pot it?
    48 years old?

1) You say you lost the original source for vanilla, so use Nostralus' version.
    2) Hire the team that did it and let them run/support the service under the Blizzard banner.
    Wow this Mark Kern guy is completely out of touch, isn't he. I'm not sure if he is even the real guy, I mean how stupid can you be?

Deleted
    Which begs the question why is the game at a historical low despite being more convenient than ever?

Quote Originally Posted by megasus View Post
    Wow this Mark Kern guy is completely out of touch, isn't he. I'm not sure if he is even the real guy, I mean how stupid can you be?
    You are calling the team lead for Vanilla and a senior ranking member of the teams that created Diablo 2 and Starcraft "stupid". I hope you have a portfolio that's better than that before trying to roast him.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Which begs the question why is the game at a historical low despite being more convenient than ever?
    Because (most) people don't spend their entire days sitting on the game anymore and there are hundreds of reasons why they don't.

Because (most) people don't spend their entire days sitting on the game anymore and there are hundreds of reasons why they don't.
    ummm... that or maybe there is nothing to fuckin do?

10+ Year Old Account
    So what has changed in society in the last 10 years? Have people started working jobs that didn't exist in 2006? No.

Yeah because apart from Mythic and high-end arena the stuff to do is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    ummm... that or maybe there is nothing to fuckin do?
    Or maybe the game is 12 years old and there are a lot of other games to play.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    So what has changed in society in the last 10 years? Have people started working jobs that didn't exist in 2006? No.
    people in 2004 were losers bro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    cant name one mmo thats better than wow even still.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    cant name one mmo thats better than wow even still.
    And only MMOs count as games?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    In 2004 apart from WoW I was playing: Doom 3; HL2; Thief: Deadly Shadows; UT:2004; Rome Total War; Call of Duty:United Offensive; Need for Speed Undergroud; Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy; Warcraft 3 ladder and 1.6.

Yet I still played more WoW that those games because it was more engaging.

I don't want to get started on the games in 2007 and 2008 because that would nuke the point even further. Ironically, WoW started losing subs in 2010-2011 when there really was nothing to play to be honest. Only recently has the industry started producing good games again.
    Last edited by Triks; 2016-04-16 at 09:44 AM.