Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    That dude is a joke of a developer.

Failed in every company he worked... dude failed on LIFE and is despertly trying to gain some simpathy from some random desperate players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Well I hate to to say this but that's too bad. If these people don't like it they can fuck off and find something else. The fact that they can't accept and adapt to the changes just tells me that they don't really like WoW they only liked a certain portion of the game. If you truly loved WoW you would be able to accept the changes it has made over the years and change with it. I have been playing this game for about 10 years and there is not one day where I'm saying "man I wish we could go back to vanilla days". I'll admit that there are a lot of changes that Blizzard made that I wish they would undo but in general WoW has become so much better of a game compared to how it was years ago.

These people are acting as anchors for WoW, they want to hold it back because they can't accept where WoW is heading and what WoW has become. If you can't accept the changes WoW has gone through fucking quit the game and stop the fucking whining and complaining and move on to something else. A game shouldn't have to be held back or change it's ways because of nostalgia or because they liked an older version of the game better. This is an MMO and MMOs have to evolve, not be stuck in the same state forever. So either these people need to accept what WoW is or they can fucking leave and find something else that suits their needs.
    "Customers feel a demand for something, but f'ck em, they'll like what we serve them"

You are a business genius and an entrepeneur, sir!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Does he? Seems to be prattling on about bullshit. How or why would blizz use nost's emulator? Security wise how would that go? Talk about people getting hacked in game now if they did that people would be hacked all the time. It wouldn't be set up to work with bnet for one. Secondly, what company would hire people that were stealing from them? So they would set a precedent to hire private server people. So TBC, wotlk, or other expansion private server people would expect to get hired one day? Speaking of that if they did vanilla legacy servers now will they have to do all other expansions legacy severe too now? Which is one of the doors opened by starting a vanilla one. What about toons on said servers do mounts, gear, pets etc.. Shared to main accounts. Do toons on there grow to other legacy servers or stuck there? See lots of doors are opened with them and maybe that is why for now blizz is saying no.
    Finally would they be profitable? Maybe short term but long term? How long all people play a never ever changing game? Do players take the long breaks in content on current expansion well? How about ones that will never have new content? A lot more to legacy servers then the bs this guy brings up so I have to question him if he doesn't at least acknowledge that.
    I just want you to know that Jagex hired a guy who had created gold farming bots to work for them. so companies do employ people who have exploited there game or helped replicate a game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You ask a generic non-specific question without any context, why?
    Because you're bringing up a lot of irrelevancy, across many of your posts. Why is that?

(Context: "ITT: MMO-C neckbeard geeks" "Fun fact; Other businesses hire people who break their stuff" "You overvalue yerself ; I am slowly responding to you out of boredome." "Oh look, a Toddler who can throw a tantrum." "You are right, you are being very noisy. Even in this thread, you are a minority. Like a small dog, barking all you can muster.")
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Well I hate to to say this but that's too bad. If these people don't like it they can fuck off and find something else. The fact that they can't accept and adapt to the changes just tells me that they don't really like WoW they only liked a certain portion of the game. If you truly loved WoW you would be able to accept the changes it has made over the years and change with it. I have been playing this game for about 10 years and there is not one day where I'm saying "man I wish we could go back to vanilla days". I'll admit that there are a lot of changes that Blizzard made that I wish they would undo but in general WoW has become so much better of a game compared to how it was years ago.

These people are acting as anchors for WoW, they want to hold it back because they can't accept where WoW is heading and what WoW has become. If you can't accept the changes WoW has gone through fucking quit the game and stop the fucking whining and complaining and move on to something else. A game shouldn't have to be held back or change it's ways because of nostalgia or because they liked an older version of the game better. This is an MMO and MMOs have to evolve, not be stuck in the same state forever. So either these people need to accept what WoW is or they can fucking leave and find something else that suits their needs.
    You may be right, but you also may be wrong. Maybe if WoW went down a different path in gameplay it would have kept or even increased the number of subscribers. I have played every expansion but I just unsubbed this week. I love wow, but its gameplay for me has been deteriorating and I was hoping Legion would get it back on track, but now it's not looking that way. If you look at subscription numbers its looking like a lot of people feel that way too -sadly they are leaving.

I don't agree with his op, I feel blizzard handled the situation correctly. If blizzard supports private servers then the owners would have to pay blizzard which will make the game less appealing to players since it won't be free anymore. And I feel it will send a bad message to others who want to rip off blizzard games, leading to more private servers and ripping off of blizzard products.

It could also lead to fracturing the player base and long term I don't think it would last, but there could be long term damages.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigsten View Post
    Less requests for police stating plz.
    Fewer threads on this dead topic, plz.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Because you're bringing up a lot of irrelevancy, across many of your posts. Why is that?

(Context: "ITT: MMO-C neckbeard geeks" "Fun fact; Other businesses hire people who break their stuff" "You overvalue yerself ; I am slowly responding to you out of boredome." "Oh look, a Toddler who can throw a tantrum." "You are right, you are being very noisy. Even in this thread, you are a minority. Like a small dog, barking all you can muster.")
    The only thing irrelevant is your question ; You are not countering arguments.

15+ Year Old Account

What do you mean "can't adapt" it's a computer game, not a way of life you fucking odious little worm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    Fewer threads on this dead topic, plz.
    >millions of people talk about it
    >dead topic

top kek

7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing irrelevant is your question ; You are not countering arguments.
    It is relevant to receiving an answer to my curiosity. What is the relevance of your "you are shitposting lol go away lest you learn from me" type posts?

UPDATE: I'll just ignora ya, like so many before me, apparently mostly in real life.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Wasn't he bad at his job, and other future jobs? It's like every E3 having Peter Molyneux give his opinion on current video game industry and design.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

lol people in this thread are just impossible.... Refusing to reason,clinging onto their believe like there's no tomorrow and throwing insults everywhere. Some people seem to think that if you want something enough it will just happen.

It kills me how angry retail players here are getting. If Blizzard added vanilla, TBC, etc legacy servers, it really would not affect their play on retail at all. They just don't want people who don't like retail to have fun, which is a very toxic attitude typical of the current fanbase. I would love for all WoW players to have the game they like, whether it be retail or TBC/Vanilla.

Let the retail players play their game and let the nostalgic players have their version. Seeing retail fans treating nostalgic players like they're garbage for having a difference of opinion is sad. As more and more authoritative opinions come out in favor of legacy servers, I can see the retail fans will grow even more childish and angry.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    It kills me how angry retail players here are getting. If Blizzard added vanilla, TBC, etc legacy servers, it really would not affect their play on retail at all. They just don't want people who don't like retail to have fun, which is a very toxic attitude typical of the current fanbase. I would love for all WoW players to have the game they like, whether it be retail or TBC/Vanilla.

Let the retail players play their game and let the nostalgic players have their version. Seeing retail fans treating nostalgic players like they're garbage for having a difference of opinion is sad. As more and more authoritative opinions come out in favor of legacy servers, I can see the retail fans will grow even more childish and angry.
    Let's not pretend that the other side is not just as toxic. Some pro "old school WoW" people are just unbearable.

Mark Kern knows how to run a business, just look what he did with Red 5.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Let's not pretend that the other side is not just as toxic. Some pro "old school WoW" people are just unbearable.
    Some are, but I don't see legacy server people saying destroy retail so that people can't play it. They just want their legacy servers and to be left alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Customers feel a demand for something, but f'ck em, they'll like what we serve them"

You are a business genius and an entrepeneur, sir!
    Look, this is a computer game we are talking about here, a GAME, not some kind of customer service business thing. These are ideas put together by developers and they are ideas that they like and think would be fun and they are things they want for THEIR game. Just because we pay a subscription doesn't give us the right to demand for things. It's a game. You don't like it leave and find something else. It's really the best way to send a message of your dislike for something. This is not our property we have no right to be ordering Blizzard to change this and change that, gimme this and gimme that. No it's fucking childish behavior. People need to fucking grow up and get a damn life.

Put yourself into a developer's shoes. You have this awesome idea for a game and know how it's going to play and what it's going to consist of but then you have these people telling you it's stupid and to change it to what they want. How would you feel about that? Me? I'd say fuck them. This is my fucking game and I'm going to do what I wanted to do with it. I'm the one who came up with the idea not them. I'm the designer not them. If no one likes it then so be it but it's better than being a fucking slave to the public and letting them decide what the game is going to be like and judging by my observation of some of the "idea" threads around here that would be a TERRIBLE idea.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

We are tired of our forums and shit being taken over by idiots who have gotten a clear answer to their question over and over and over again and refuse to give it up. It's not happening, it will never happen, and on top of being annoying, these clowns insult anyone who actually plays the game as it currently exists.
    Beta Club Brosquad

What gets me is how people are losing their mind over Nos getting shut down, when I'm assuming there's still plenty of private servers out there (hell there were private vanilla servers out during BC). I mean, didn't they release the source code out or was that an empty threat? There's always been private servers, it's just a matter of people finding them, but the way people are making it seem that "all private servers are dead since this one was shut down" just baffles me.
    Last edited by Roamingstorm; 2016-04-16 at 02:22 PM.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."