Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Well, this creature does look rather slithery. This idea gets my vote.
    Oop, nope, looks like Soggoth really was just a giant faceless one.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Oop, nope, looks like Soggoth really was just a giant faceless one.
    That's a little disappointing. I was hoping they'd get a little more creative than that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats an insult to the work of H.P. Lovecraft.
    Your life is probably an insult to H.P Lovecraft itself.
    Aswell as mine. Anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    Icehowl would eat Ysera if she's on ground. And icehowls can make a snow trap and ambush her.
    I think the real question here is whether the Lich King could defeat the Void Lords.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a little disappointing. I was hoping they'd get a little more creative than that.
    Yeah, but honestly who didn't see that coming? We could already see the torso of Soggoth (or at least something like him) in Darkshore.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I think the real question here is whether the Lich King could defeat the Void Lords.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but honestly who didn't see that coming? We could already see the torso of Soggoth (or at least something like him) in Darkshore.
    Well, I was hoping he'd at least have a cool exoskeleton, because normal skeletons don't grow that way. Why would he have bones inside of his tentacles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i dont think the void lords have a physical form, i think they look like a "void gas" with air tentacles.
    So the pink thing from Futurama? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054485/

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Void lords don't have a shape - they are just a pure shadow energy
    Stop making shit up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Rixos View Post
    Old Gods are actually Eldrazi, and Azeroth is just one plane in MTG multiverse!

Something with a good backstory and great, original design? Blizzard couldn't come up with that in a billion years. It's just "uh, like big enemies made OUT OF VOID," call it a day and cash in on the money for them.

Emrakul ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Stop making shit up.
    Thats how they are descrbed in the Chronicles book. Pure shadow energy.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-04-15 at 01:25 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    I thought Warcraft stories/lore are pretty original...why so much hate? Sure, they barrow from other stories like Greek mythology and Lovecraft but overall, it was creative. Void Lords stuff wasn’t detailed enough though...

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Thats how they are descrbed in the Chronicles book. Pure shadow energy.
    The rest you made up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    I thought Warcraft stories/lore are pretty original...why so much hate? Sure, they barrow from other stories like Greek mythology and Lovecraft but overall, it was creative. Void Lords stuff wasn’t detailed enough though...
    I think Void Lords are supposed to be pretty mysterious at the moment. Chronicles could have given us a list of names and shown how they all looked, and their relationships with one another, but it would just be a lot of details on things we don't even know about yet.

The Void Lords will probably be expanded upon when they're more immediately relevant, with maybe a few hints and depictions ingame. If we ever get a Void expansion, we may even catch a few glimpses of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Void Lords will probably be expanded upon when they're more immediately relevant, with maybe a few hints and depictions ingame. If we ever get a Void expansion, we may even catch a few glimpses of them.
    In other words. They want the Void Lords to replace the Old Gods as the "really big and aberrant evil that nobody knows about and are the real big bads"

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    In other words. They want the Void Lords to replace the Old Gods as the "really big and aberrant evil that nobody knows about and are the real big bads"
    Exactly!

See, if you were watching closely for the last few expansions, the Old Gods have been portrayed as increasingly weak while the Titans have been shown as increasingly powerful. At some point in time, references to Azeroth's history started leaving out any sign of a direct appearance from the Titans, and we've been told that slain Old Gods were indeed dead with poems saying that they were slain by the armies of a mere Keeper.

The Old Gods were nerfed at some point in time, no longer truly primordial entities from the dawn of creation or prior to it. The Titans were no longer a race of metal-skinned mere demigods, of which the Pantheon were simply the most powerful representatives. References to C'Thun slaying a Titan were forgotten or ignored.

As such, the Void Lords had to be invented to be everything the Old Gods were originally said to be, since the current Old Gods are no longer equal to or more powerful than the Titans as they were originally implied to be.

I kind of just think of them as "The Older Gods". The old version of the Old Gods, from beyond time and reality. The ones more like what Nyorloth spoke about, who would have to be entirely erased from every moment in time to be destroyed. The ones who could have defeated the Titans if they worked together.

It's clear that the idea for the Old Gods and the Titans changed at some point, so I'm fine with the Void Lords. I liked what the Old Gods used to be, and the Void Lords seem to have a lot of the same qualities.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2016-04-16 at 04:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly!

See, if you were watching closely for the last few expansions, the Old Gods have been portrayed as increasingly weak while the Titans have been shown as increasingly powerful. At some point in time, references to Azeroth's history started leaving out any sign of a direct appearance from the Titans, and we've been told that slain Old Gods were indeed dead with poems saying that they were slain by the armies of a mere Keeper.

The Old Gods were nerfed at some point in time, no longer truly primordial entities from the dawn of creation or prior to it. The Titans were no longer a race of metal-skinned mere demigods, of which the Pantheon were simply the most powerful representatives. References to C'Thun slaying a Titan were forgotten or ignored.

As such, the Void Lords had to be invented to be everything the Old Gods were originally said to be, since the current Old Gods are no longer equal to or more powerful than the Titans as they were originally implied to be.

I kind of just think of them as "The Older Gods". The old version of the Old Gods, from beyond time and reality. The ones more like what Nyorloth spoke about, who would have to be entirely erased from every moment in time to be destroyed. The ones who could have defeated the Titans if they worked together.

It's clear that the idea for the Old Gods and the Titans changed at some point, so I'm fine with the Void Lords. I liked what the Old Gods used to be, and the Void Lords seem to have a lot of the same qualities.
    in the end Blizzard need to put a higher goal that we may never reach to continue the game running
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    in the end Blizzard need to put a higher goal that we may never reach to continue the game running
    Same for real life. There's always a bigger fish, always a richer CEO, always a further star.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Same for real life. There's always a bigger fish, always a richer CEO, always a further star.
    still people complain about void lords
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one has pointed this one out before not sure why but this is probably what a C'Thraxxi looks like. According to World of Warcraft Chronicles Vol. 1 they were the greatest of the Old God's generals. On page 37 they are described as being tentacle-faced and we haven't seen them in WoW yet (the new priest artifact questline leads the players to where one of them died though)

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    The rest you made up.
    If you check the artwork you see the void lords depicted as a black ball of dark energy consuming dark energy from other infested planets.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-04-16 at 02:23 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    No one has pointed this one out before not sure why but this is probably what a C'Thraxxi looks like. According to World of Warcraft Chronicles Vol. 1 they were the greatest of the Old God's generals. On page 37 they are described as being tentacle-faced and we haven't seen them in WoW yet (the new priest artifact questline leads the players to where one of them died though)
    Tyr killed one (the priest artifact one under tirisfal), the Trolls killed the other and he is buried under Zul'Aman. (of the two most perwerful that were sent after yyr, archaedas and ironaya). We don't really know how many they could number, but we've already killed 3 in game. General Vezaxx (ulduar), Erudax (grim batol) and Warlord Zon'Ozz (dragon soul)