Rename all the specs!

The specialization names, as they stand, really suck. Some are like subclasses: Outlaw, Brewmaster, Guardian, Mistweaver. Some are things you can specialize in: Marksmanship, Arms, Survival, Protection(x2), Assassination, Destruction. And then there are schools of magic like Elemental, Frost(x2), Fire, Holy(x2); what even is Feral? "I'm a feral. I specialize in feral. My druid is great at feraling."

And now we're getting two new specs that are literally just words, that have no relationship to what your character is doing. Havoc and Vengeance.

In a perfect world? I'd want all of these to have the same usage in a conversation. Either Beast Master and Brewmaster, or Beast Mastery and Brewmastery. A rogue can call himself an Outlaw, but he can't call himself a Subtlety.

But really I would settle for them renaming Frost, Holy, Protection, and Restoration. That's what I expected from "We're going rename some specs" and it really just needs to happen, at the very least.

/rant

"I'm a feral druid*"

resembling or characteristic of a wild animal.
    Works to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Rename all the specs!
    But really I would settle for them renaming Frost, Holy, Protection, and Restoration. That's what I expected from "We're going rename some specs" and it really just needs to happen, at the very least.
    Let's play. For paladins, I would go to :
    - Blood (Protection) - or Stronghold / Castle / Krak / Fortress / or simply...Tank @ Your Bloodbrethren, Amnaught the paladin
    - Sweat (Retribution) - or Glory @ Your Glorious brethren, Aleax the paladin
    - Tears (Holy) or...? Eagle @ Your much honored (Royal) Eagle brethren, Johnny the paladin

That's my take on it.

The question is which spec will get the most coveted name of 'salt' or 'salty'
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The specialization names, as they stand, really suck. Some are like subclasses: Outlaw, Brewmaster, Guardian, Mistweaver. Some are things you can specialize in: Marksmanship, Arms, Survival, Protection(x2), Assassination, Destruction. And then there are schools of magic like Elemental, Frost(x2), Fire, Holy(x2); what even is Feral? "I'm a feral. I specialize in feral. My druid is great at feraling."

And now we're getting two new specs that are literally just words, that have no relationship to what your character is doing. Havoc and Vengeance.

In a perfect world? I'd want all of these to have the same usage in a conversation. Either Beast Master and Brewmaster, or Beast Mastery and Brewmastery. A rogue can call himself an Outlaw, but he can't call himself a Subtlety.

/rant
    I will rename the druid specs to Bear, Cat, Healer and Chicken spec. Unique and simple. =)

10+ Year Old Account

/rant
    Problem is, Brewmastery isn't a way of talking about it, while Brew master is. Though for hunter, beast mastery and beast master, is the same thing, no?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    A while ago I tried to come up with new names that would work and be logical for the current "duped" spec names, what I came up with was the following:

Frost Mage becomes Ice Mage, Frost DK stay. I went with that because Ice Mage sound better than Ice DK.

Holy Paladin becomes Divine/Sacred Paladin, Holy Priest stay. Because Holy Priest just works too well.

Protection Paladin becomes Crusader Paladin, Protection Warrior stay. Crusader works well for Paladin, you can't say crusader without big ass holy shield.

Restoration Shaman becomes Spiritual/Invigoration Shaman. Restoration fit the theme of Druidism a bit more, in my opinion. The entire thing about restoring the forest and nature, etc.
    Last edited by mmoc7087e62fc9; 2016-04-15 at 11:29 AM.

This was the most pointless rant I have ever seen. Mmo-champion never ceases to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mueller Greyhound View Post
    I will rename the druid specs to Bear, Cat, Healer and Chicken spec. Unique and simple. =)
    Has to be Laser Turkey not Chicken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwinger View Post
    This was the most pointless rant I have ever seen. Mmo-champion never ceases to amaze me.
    It amazes me as well. At times I think that there is nothing left for people to complain senselessly about, but then threads like this pop up and prove me wrong.

Outlaw should be: Stabby-shooty

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Though for hunter, beast mastery and beast master, is the same thing, no?
    If a person specializes in beast mastery, he becomes a beast master. You cannot specialize in "beast master" to become a "beast mastery". Masters are people who master different masteries. You can be an Outlaw, you can't be a Subtlety. You can specialize in subtlety, you can't specialize in outlaw. It's just... language.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    "I'm a feral druid*"

Works to me.
    Except that it's an adjective. You can call yourself a feral druid, but you can't call yourself a "feral". I'm an outlaw and a rogue. I'm a monk and a brewmaster. I'm a druid and a restoration?

10+ Year Old Account
    If a person specializes in beast mastery, he becomes a beast master. You cannot specialize in "beast master" to become a "beast mastery". Masters are people who master different masteries. You can be an Outlaw, you can't be a Subtlety. You can specialize in subtlety, you can't specialize in outlaw. It's just... language.
    Aha.. You don't technically want a rename for the specs, but you want a class name / status name for the specs, like 'Outlaw', 'Brewmaster' or 'Marksman'? For the old system, you can be subtlety, for you specialize in it (hence specc).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I prefer the old system, I think it makes more sense.
    The spec's name isn't an adjective that characterizes your class, but a word that indicates your field of specialty.

Think of RPGs in general. A Necromancy Wizard is a Wizard that focuses on necromantic powers, but he is still a wizard. A necromancer studies necromancy only, it's a different class.

A Fire Mage is a mage who uses mainly fire, but he is still a mage and uses frost and arcane spells as well. A pyromancer uses fire only, he isn't a fire mage. The word "fire" indicates that this mage specializes in fire. There is no reason to call this mage a Flaming Mage or a Pyromancer Mage, because the words "flaming" and "pyromancer" don't indicate a field of study.
    You are either a Pyromancy/Fire Mage or a Pyromancer.

This is the same for Balance Druids, Restoration Shaman, Retribution Paladins, etc. There is no reason to call them Balancing Druids, Avenger Paladins and Restorative Shaman :P