Page 37 of 136 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    If Primal Elementalist is the best talent in that tier I'm going to flip my shit. I am a Shaman and have no interest in these silly pets. Just give me totems, lava, and lightning and I'm good to go.
    During testing today i tried both fire ele's and the Primal one actually did less damage for some reason. Standard ele normally did around 2mil+ and the primal barely got over a million.

Standard ele https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=30&source=12
    Primal ele https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=34&source=12

So i just ended up using Elemental fusion despite the nerf. Maybe im missing something but they both did 16-17 cast and standard ele's hits are just way higher for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by psn1993 View Post
    During testing today i tried both fire ele's and the Primal one actually did less damage for some reason. Standard ele normally did around 2mil+ and the primal barely got over a million.

So i just ended up using Elemental fusion despite the nerf. Maybe im missing something but they both did 16-17 cast and standard ele's hits are just way higher for some reason.
    Thats odd, the primal fire elemental even critted more often and still lost out. All your buff uptimes are comparable, not that mastery helps. The difference in damage in that first minute is about the same as the difference in the two elemental's damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aghito View Post
    One thing bothers me : The fact that the Shock spells are not affected by our mastery

they are a big part of our identity and they are supposed to do a lot of damage. (especially earthshock)

As it is impossible they overload, they often strike as strong as our builder (lb with buff and lavaburst always critic with good damage). Earth Shock deal pretty good damage when critical but critical are not our first stat. So i don't understand why our mastery that characterizes us don't affect these spell: Especially for earthshok that need to have a full maelstrom to be efficient.

For me earthshock and flameshock have to overload because they are our firsts spender maelstrom spell and a good part of our shaman identity

More than that, i think Elemental fusion is bad with only 5% bonus so they need to buff it or buff lava surge directly and change Elemental fusion (giving the spell passiv maelstrom generation with flameshock for exemple)
    mastery gives builders more resource and damage. more resource means more spenders. more spenders are more shocks which is more damage, i.e. mastery affects shocks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psn1993 View Post

probably something wrong with numbers under the hood, if i recall correctly, i think this problem has occurred before.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    mastery gives builders more resource and damage. more resource means more spenders. more spenders are more shocks which is more damage, i.e. mastery affects shocks

- - - Updated - - -

probably something wrong with numbers under the hood, if i recall correctly, i think this problem has occurred before.
    Yup was happening like 3 builds ago, can someone post about it on the official alpha forums?

It's been posted multiple times. It's a tuning issue and they aren't really doing much tuning yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post

- - - Updated - - -

NOOOOOOOO Mastery don't affect Shocks spell actually on alpha!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aghito View Post
    NOOOOOOOO Mastery don't affect Shocks spell actually on alpha!!!!
    if you wanna be stubborn go ahead, but there's a reason icefury was added to the mastery but not the frost shocks. anything else would be double dipping and thats on them if they so choose.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    They reworked the artifact quest. No more HotS shit fighting Chen and Li Li.
    Then what do we do instead exactly?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Then what do we do instead exactly?
    I didn't finish the new quest fully. It's still about Raden and Xuen testing you, but the first step sends you to VoEB in Pandaria into the north Western catacomb, which was only used once for 5.1 questing if I remember correctly. You have to collect some rune stones. This is were I stopped.

I can make some pictures and a step by step guide by tomorrow afternoon, if all these hipster Youtubers are too busy making Warlock videos.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2016-04-16 at 12:34 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    I didn't finish the new quest fully. It's still about Raden and Xuen testing you, but the first step sends you to VoEB in Pandaria into the north Western catacomb, which was only used once for 5.1 questing if I remember correctly. You have to collect some rune stones. This is were I stopped.

I can make some pictures and a step by step guide by tomorrow afternoon, if all these hipster Youtubers are too busy making Warlock videos.
    Oh thank fuck! That sounds a billion times better than the previous version, which was lolligagging nonsense. I'll make a new shaman on the alpha realms and try it later.

Deleted
    Oh thank fuck! That sounds a billion times better than the previous version, which was lolligagging nonsense. I'll make a new shaman on the alpha realms and try it later.
    can you make a video please later then?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GL4NDU1N View Post
    can you make a video please later then?
    I appreciate the question, but no. I don't have any of the tools nor have I ever made a video... Besides, I tend to get a DC'ed every 7-10 minutes on the alpha realms hah.

Deleted
    I can do that as soon as I get home.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    So I just completed the "new" version of the artifact quest, and I used qoutation marks, because it isn't a new version, but an expanded version of the earlier one.

You go to the temple with Rehgar, who vanishes the second you land, and Xuen promptly tells you, to go to the Ruins of Gou'lai in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms (the ruins where the Golden Lotus had a bunch of dailies). There you collect three stone slabs, known as the Edict of Fire, Edict of Storms and the Edict of Stone. Each time you collect one, Xuen tells you something about Ra(den), it's basically all the same stuff that the Chronicles book told us. Upon collecting all three, a visage of Ra appears, holding the claw and the shield (oh which btw, is the actual key to the 4 elemental planes - that's pretty powerful... Oh and the claw weapon it self is made out of holy titanic light).

After all this, you have a chat with Rehgar, who is quite cynical about Xuen, and you go back to the temple and you complete the arena quest HoTS thing, which used to be the sole quest.

So not a new quest, but an expanded quest. The HOTS part is still silly, but the lore bit involving Ra and the mogu was quite neat, as the quest most certainly lacked even the tiniest hint of lore.

EDIT: Oh, and apparently, someone has taught the Primal Fire Elemental how to cast Living Bomb.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2016-04-16 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    So I was able to capture the whole Q. Don't mind the end, the quest just bugged for me but you get the whole idea.

My opinion is that the Q chain is much better now but it could be 1000x better if they would use Throne of Thunder with a thunder-based puzzle or something.

Last edited by mmocb2f4aa4561; 2016-04-17 at 01:56 PM.

I appreciate things like this for artifact, but please keep it like you did in video and such, I don't personally want to get much spoilers

Or if some people want to spoil use the spoiler tag thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I appreciate things like this for artifact, but please keep it like you did in video and such, I don't personally want to get much spoilers

Or if some people want to spoil use the spoiler tag thanks
    You are right, sorry, i edited my previous post.

I really hope Ele has some survivability incoming soon cause right now we are really lacking in that department.

A passive damage reduction would we welcome or a buff to Shamanistic Healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    I really hope Ele has some survivability incoming soon cause right now we are really lacking in that department.

A passive damage reduction would we welcome or a buff to Shamanistic Healing.
    I don't think that they will give us new def cd, they are getting rid of def/off cds on purpose. Source

I've been away from ele since WoD launched, can anyone tell me if multiple FS each still has a chance to grant LvS or has it been changed like Moonfire to "your most recently applied"? Seems like the first to me.

I played around with two dummies on one of the alpha leveling servers (lvl 100, 680 ilvl green gear) with the talents Path of Flame, GoW Elemental Fusion, Aftershock and Icefury. It seemed so mobile with LvS proccing literally every other second (FS ticking very quickly, with haste trinket proc + BL it was ticking every 1,1 sec iirc) which felt very good - and then it occurred to me that this could also happen in random pvp! With the pvp talents of Fire and Ice and Earthfury we've seemingly got tons of MS generation through FS and instant LvBs that can be turned into Icefury-buffed Frost Shock slows or ES stuns - cc that can be chained in succession to make us kiting masters. On top of that we've still got Cap, Earthgrab and Thunderstorm as well as GoW to disengage away. Seems a lot more fun than live elemental in random bgs just my thoughts!