Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Greenland ice melt off to record early start

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/15/wo...elt/index.html
    (CNN)Greenland's massive ice sheet has started its annual summer melt earlier than ever before, according to stunned scientists who said they had to recheck their calculations before releasing the results.
    Recent reports have increased concern about the impact of rising sea levels from ice melt, including a study released this month in the journal Nature suggesting that melting ice in Antarctica has the potential to contribute to a rise in sea levels of more than 3 feet by the end of the century.

"Earlier than ever before", "stunned scientists", "increased concern"...

Nah. Nothing to worry about.

It's still cold outside my flat today.

Nothing to worry about.

Never mind huge ice sheets. The area immediately outside my door is cold.

10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon Sydanyo, did we really need another 40 page back and forth climage change thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

"Record-breaking cold sweeps Eastern U.S."
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/14/us/winter-weather/

ERMAGERSH DER ERCE ERGE

15+ Year Old Account
    All a part of the conspiracy. I bet those dirty clean-energy lobbyists installed massive heat-fans there.

Sue the sun for melting the ice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Melting ice doesn't rise the sea level. Take an ice cube and put it in to a glass of water. Measure the water level before and after the cube has melted. No change in water level. The earth is safe, you're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    "Record-breaking cold sweeps Eastern U.S."
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/14/us/winter-weather/

ERMAGERSH DER ERCE ERGE
    Why do people who don't understand the meaning of climate change even bother commenting. A small area of the USA having some record lows means nothing. I can do the same thing and show you how we had records highs in January, February and March here in Southern Ontario but it still doesn't mean what you seem to think it means lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Melting ice doesn't rise the sea level. Take an ice cube and put it in to a glass of water. Measure the water level before and after the cube has melted. No change in water level. The earth is safe, you're welcome!
    It does if the ice cube is suspended on a firm platform above the water (land), and only drips into the water when melting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Why do people who don't understand the meaning of climate change even bother commenting. A small area of the USA having some record lows means nothing. I can do the same thing and show you how we had records highs in January, February and March here in Southern Ontario but it still doesn't mean what you seem to think it means lol.
    I believe that humans are most likely causing climate change.

I just think it's funny when people point out singular events as evidence that it is "obviously" happening. If you don't like what I quoted, you shouldn't like what the OP quoted either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do people who don't understand climate change even bother commenting. A small area of the USA having some record lows means nothing. I can do the same thing and show you how we had records highs in January, February and March here in Southern Ontario but it still doesn't mean what you seem to think it means lol.
    A famous man once said: "if you can't do the math on a napkin, it's math not worth doing".

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    It does if the ice cube is suspended on a firm platform above the water (land), and only drips into the water when melting.
    I guess you can't argue with a polar bear.

Deleted
    Will private be ok?

That might be the least scientific experiment of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is sarcasm right?

I believe that humans are most likely causing climate change.

I just think it's funny when people point out singular events as evidence that it is "obviously" happening. If you don't like what I quoted, you shouldn't like what the OP quoted either.
    If you don't understand the difference between a small part of the USA having a slight cold snap and these ice sheets melting faster and faster every year, then my point still stands.

If you don't understand the difference between a small part of the USA having a slight cold snap and these ice sheets melting faster and faster every year, then my point still stands.
    Greenland is roughly 1/5 the size of the U.S., so my point still stands.

Greenland is roughly 1/5 the size of the U.S., so my point still stands.
    Really, you think its the size of the area that is the issue here? This is why I said to not bother commenting if you don't understand. Its not the size, its the significance of an area so far north having such a huge change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    This is sarcasm right?
    Or is it?

If we can't joke about the destruction of life on earth then what can we joke about?

Hahaha. You think we live in a proactive world? reactive, mate, reactive. We won't be doing anything about climate change until all our honeybees are dead, our crops aren't yielding full harvests and London becomes beachfront property.

Only then will lobbyists probably think "huh... maybe all that black gold wasn't worth it"