Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Assuming humans would be alive long enough to develop the means for long-dong space travel barring any mass extinction beforehand, being immortal isn't so bad.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by KaozLegion View Post
    You sir have watched Hellsing Abridged. Brilliant!
    On my seventy inch flat screen plasma TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Control? You occupy worlds, Mon'keigh.

True power is the dominion of the Craftworlds, until the Rhana Dandra - until we extend beyond existence - then you will be free to inherit the hollow husk
    The galaxy belongs to humanity, all of you foul Xenos shall be purged from its face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get some insurance, get into some tragic accident, collect insurance money. Travel the world, going absolutely everywhere because I'm immortal. Maybe try some jobs that look interesting but I wouldn't want to "waste time" doing. Maybe go fuck with some magicians in Vegas by doing the same stunts that they do but without all the props.

This curse does come with durability and regeneration right? The only way an organic being would be able to be immortal.

Mostly important, above all things, I'll finally beat all the games in my steam library.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I would rid the world of evil.

I'd spend my natural life turning myself into a cyborg so that once my secret is out, I can defend myself instead of being locked away for study.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    I'd spend my natural life turning myself into a cyborg so that once my secret is out, I can defend myself instead of being locked away for study.
    You are immortal they cant lock you anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You are a walrus you can fly.

Immortal means I can't die, nothing more.

Immortal means I can't die, nothing more.
    It also means they cant decay, so you cant lose body parts either or be wounded.

It also means they cant decay, so you cant lose body parts either or be wounded.
    So... I can't cut off my limbs and replace them with bad ass robot things? Immortality blows.

So... I can't cut off my limbs and replace them with bad ass robot things? Immortality blows.

I don't think I'd consider it a curse; at least not in the first couple 100 years. I'd be in fact super happy about all the additional time and options for experiences. I could literally read all the books there are, watch all the movies in existence, travel everywhere on earth ... and I would be able to afford it too, cause I could just work for 20 years and save up a huge amount of money, then spend it all, then start again ...

Of course, the difficult thing would be watching family and friends pass away. But you have to experience that anyways. And this way, you could actually watch your grand-grand-grand-children grow up. If you reproduced, you could always have a family.

What woud happen after the first couple 100 years or so, I can not say. I can imagine it might start sucking then, when the world has changed so much from how you originally knew it, and you might not like the changes .... I would hate it to watch the environment and animal-life completely destroyed, and world war III.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Id proclaim myself a god by showing my inabilty to die and conquer shit with my stupid followers.
    And shortly thereafter someone, probably some government eager to keep their control on society intact, would have you quietly sealed up inside a rust proof, concrete lined container and dropped into the deepest ocean they could find or blasted out into deep space. You could then enjoy eternity all alone with no hope of escape, a fate worse than death.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    As for me... I would make a vlog for my self (maybe make a youtube thing if I felt like it, obviously stop it after some time to avid discovery). I would record my thoughts and feelings on today's events, about people in my life, pictures and videos with them so I can always have it even hundreds of years later. (I would always update everything into new systems) I would and learn a new job every couple of decades so I can experience new things and people. Live differently every century. Catalog everything. I would essentially turn my self into the greatest history book imaginable.
    I would actually do more or less the same thing as you. The problem is I have built a life in the context of being mortal. So immortality stemming from this instant forward would be fairly traumatic for me in all likelihood. Loss of loved ones most especially.

However, had I been granted immortality prior to having a family I think the experience would be one that embrace wholeheartedly. Though I would likely prefer to not have children under this scenario.

I am assuming this immortality comes with a lack of need to food, hydration and oxygen. Which would also be super cool if you knew beforehand- as those processes are directly mortal. One would also be free of disease I am assuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably just go about life as I always have. I'd just be a little more risky about things this time around since I'm immortal and all that.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

unless its the captain jack version of immortality where you can get blown the hell up and slowly and painfully regenerate
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

learn everything and make sure i did what i could to help humanity get off this rock .. if i lived for ever id wanna be able to view the universe for eturnity im sure that wouldnt get boring ... soon as every one is dead and there is absolutely nothing left im heading for the nearest black hole <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    unless its the captain jack version of immortality where you can get blown the hell up and slowly and painfully regenerate

omg torchwood, some things in that made me cringe .. the one were noone on earth could die, a soldier holding a grenade to his chest that explodes.. you see him laid on the table still alive and all of his insides gone and chared/burnt..... , the woman in the crushed car and it zooms into the compacted car and you see her eye still blinking. somethings u wish u could unsee :P

Last edited by Whitehatter; 2016-04-16 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let go of monogamy and the fantasy of that one great love of your life. Those are already problematic ideas for people that live ~80 years. For an immortal it's seems...unhealthy. I could see myself moving around a lot. Not really planting roots aside from maybe a place out in the mountains or something.

I feel like protecting myself would be my #1 priority. Immortality could be fantastic but then there's the fear of being buried alive/imprisoned for eternity or becoming an unwilling science experiment or something. If I can't die, and I'm assuming that means from like gun shot wounds and stuff too (not just aging), then I know if it came down to gov't agents storming my place, I could be fairly durable in a fight. I'd need to become trained in combat and stuff. I'm not a fan of guns but if I were immortal I'd have an armory.

I'd be more paranoid about that stuff than loved ones dying. Aside from that, I feel like I'd want to learn languages and engineering and such. All of that would be invaluable over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Devote myself to a field. The whole "Things won't matter because of immortality" argument is silly. It's more of perception.
    this. /10chars