Thread: The Division

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Btw guys, if you still want weekly loot, just set your timer back to the beginning of the week.

holy shit massive is so bad. This is more or less just a joke right now, they are so simple minded.
    They will never be able to salvage this properly.
    Ahaha what? XD omg

Deleted
    No clue how you'd code that

it's probably more likely that they set everyones weekly to "already finished" at time X and if you turn your clock back before X you can still get it.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    So their "fix" of the APC farm... people already found another way to glitch it and do the exact same thing from a different location. Made a video for it.

Reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...c_after_patch/

No idea how they keep missing all these sort of things, but hey.
    It's because their QA team with this game fucking sucks to put it lightly. The fact that they fixed it, and someone already found another way to exploit it is beyond luaghable. It's actually pretty damn sad and pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw guys, if you still want weekly loot, just set your timer back to the beginning of the week.

holy shit massive is so bad. This is more or less just a joke right now, they are so simple minded.
    They will never be able to salvage this properly.
    WOOOOOOW, you're kidding right? WOOOOOW....I honestly am losing faith with them faster than I did Destiny/Bungie. Honestly probably going to pick up the taken king today to play with friends while Massive gets it's shit together with this game. I never played TTK, so I will get some decent time with it. So it's not like im just going back to it for the update.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Wait, wait, what? Timer? Don't tell me that just setting your friggin' clock back changes things?

...sometimes it pisses me off that I can't get an entry level job in the industry when dudes like this are running a AAA title. /facepalm
    I am not even sure at this point they even have a QA team....

Not everything needs to have some deeper meaning behind it, nor does it have to be a reflection of our societal views or our current world. snip
    I agree that not everything needs to, which is why you almost never see said kind of discussion(or at least I don't). But that doesn't mean that people shouldn't have such discussions / analysis at all.

The games heavily based off terror simulations and does appear to at least have an opportunity to address certain societal perceptions that are potentially prevalent in the game. Which is the point the dude appeared to try and make, that the game didn't set out to tackle any of these things but ended up in a position where it could / maybe should have.

In this other thread some dude apparently made on the division forum a guy said that he felt the game did try and tackle some of those questions, claiming that video guy hadn't played through the game. Video guy clearly states that he did play through it, but I wish I could see them have a small dialogue to address whether or not that's true as it'd be interesting.

The only factions/people we kill are the ones mentioned above, all resorting to killing based on what they feel is right. We overlook petty crimes and help civilians constantly in the game.
    I believe he makes that same point though, that what the player is doing is not really any different to what some of these other factions are doing. Effectively making the player the equivalent of one of these factions, except we feel justified in it because reasons.

Coupled with that, it doesn't really make for enticing game play if we constantly try and negotiate with every single enemy in the game. snip
    Yeah I'd agree with that. You obviously wouldn't have much of a shooter if you weren't running around shooting things. Do you feel that the game takes any time to address those kinds of things in the story though? At least acknowledging the distinction? It seems like video dude doesn't feel as though they did, but other people may have caught bits of story he didn't.

He claims there's a parallel between the game world vs real world, which again is ridiculous.
    I'm not really sure why people are so apprehensive about making such comparisons. There's plenty real world things that designers very intentionally translate into game worlds. A game like this is based on peoples real world perceptions in the first place, so its odd to me that people find it unthinkable to compare the two.

Apparently people would rather just talk about how they've been super shit about exploits and how "they fucked up their game because exploiting is the only way to have fun in the game" (according to my guildies).

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Why post a video if you don't feel any of the content can be true. For it to have a meaning it has to have some truth and it doesn't.
    I found it interesting and wanted to see what people had to say about it. Wasn't really expecting the over reaction some people are having. I figured it'd either get some interesting convo going or a shrug as opposed to the instant backlash some of you guys put forth.

But you keep saying you can't get past it being a game, so not really much discussion to be had there. As is per usual with you on most of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Seriously dude, GTFO.
    Frankly the oddly hostile response with people who apparently suffer from diarrhea of the mouth is what's kept me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Wasn't me btw to whoever asked, I always have food names. Almost always something to do with bacon.

Enjoyed some of the discussion that happened there so, did get something out of it. Thanks for the link ^^.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

If you're really going to claim that the issues in this game are just the typical "New game bugs" then you're being hugely dishonest. This game is a friggin' shitshow of epic proportions.
    Yeah agreed. Its one thing to have bugs sure but I don't remember any game having this many exploits that turn things that are supposed to be a challenge into completely trivial matters. Its a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're really going to claim that the issues in this game are just the typical "New game bugs" then you're being hugely dishonest. This game is a friggin' shitshow of epic proportions.
    All MMOs can be glitched, all of them have bugs, it's the beauty of online gaming. It is no easy task, maybe you should become a games developer?

When new raids in WoW are released, they can be glitched. What's different here is how they go about punishing people that do it. Blizzard will ban them for a few days or a week. Ubisoft need to do the same from now on.

We will never have a bug free game.

I'm not being a fanboy but this repetitive complaining about the same things is getting boring.

What's really pissed me off is now items I extract from the DZ are no longer marked as new items when transferred to my inventory, or the fact that my weapon sometimes bugs out when it has one bullet left. Oh and all crates in my base don't disappear from the map when looted... I care about bugs that affect my gameplay, not what others are doing and don't affect me.

I don't care if people glitch, but I do hope they get banned.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2016-04-16 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again with this blatant dishonesty.

"Oh, all games have bugs, so this one is ok!"

:|
    Didn't say it is ok, but it is to be expected with any online game.

Where am I being dishonest? I have never played any online game that doesn't have bugs, and when they fix bugs, new bugs appear, it happens in every single game. Game developing is hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's dishonest because while every game has bugs, I've rarely seen anything quite on the level of this one. This isn't a situation where some quests are bugged, or some piece of gear has the wrong stats. This is constant, widespread breaking of numerous core mechanics and related issues. This is blatant ineptitude from the developers in the handling of said issues. (Client side character info? A patch that relies on the system time of the client computer?)
    They simply need to ban the people doing this. If it was WoW, they'd be banned. To say you've never seen games being broken like this is you being dishonest, or maybe you just haven't played a lot of games or paid attention.

Apparently the servers are going down in an hour for another hotfix.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2016-04-16 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just THIS one thing, though.

Hell, just look at Krayzee's posting history for a glimpse at the level of sheer, "Just doesn't work." in this game. It's pretty incredible.
    I've mentioned bugs in a post above which piss me off.

Deleted
    The most recent bug I|ve found is that Triage works with other peoples heals.

Or that people have more shoe outfits than they know, but I think this has been mentioned here already(?).

You can press down and space once you are at the bottom of the list (if you have enough outfits gathered already) and you'll notice that there are more "Invisible" items.

This is the buggiest game I've played in a while, I think it's on par with what bethesda releases... probably worse even though the game/world is much smaller. Not really talking about the exploits... exploits are bad, don't get me wrong. But bugs that you encounter on a daily basis and skills that don't work properly, that's the real problem with the game.

And it doesn't take more than 1 hour to find at least 5 of them and if you are activiely testing stuff (something they obviously never did themselves), you'll notice around ~10... or more in less than a day.
    I hope they'll deactive aim assist soon, it's fucking up my aim and accuracy... unbelievable, it's really not helping at all, even if you rely on it, you'll notice that it doesn't help aiming AT the target... it simply doesn't aim at the body or head at all, it's off.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-04-16 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    A new mmo has bugs? I am truly shocked. Pretty much all the great ones had major issues at launch that took time to figure out. Complaining about mmos being mmos is fucking stupid.
    So at first you tell Jtbrig that there weren't game breaking bugs or problems with the game and that if there were, you wanted a list to prove it. I point out some of the major game breaking ones to you and then you go on to say, "we'll it's just an MMO, it's to be expected."

So at first the bugs/glitches/etc didn't exist according to you, and now that you've been proven wrong, you're writing it off as MMO growing pains and nothing more.

Wow. Stupid doesn't even begin to describe your statements here. Even blind fanboyism doesn't begin to describe it.

So at first you tell Jtbrig that there weren't game breaking bugs or problems with the game and that if there were, you wanted a list to prove it. I point out some of the major game breaking ones to you and then you go on to say, "we'll it's just an MMO, it's to be expected."

So at first the bugs/glitches/etc didn't exist according to you, and now that you've been proven wrong, you're writing it off as MMO growing pains and nothing more.

Wow. Stupid doesn't even begin to describe your statements here. Even blind fanboyism doesn't begin to describe it.
    Thats how it works with people like him and why I stopped repeating myself.

Show him something is wrong and he chalks it up to "Games have bugs bra". Totally ignoring core elements of this game is broken and has been broken since day 1.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Thats how it works with people like him and why I stopped repeating myself.

Show him something is wrong and he chalks it up to "Games have bugs bra". Totally ignoring core elements of this game is broken and has been broken since day 1.
    Yeah. Fanboyism has a way of doing that to people doesn't it? They will write off game breaking bugs and major problems with core mecahnics/skills of the game as well as hacks/exploits/cheats simply because they claim to not have experienced any of it themselves (supposedly).

Yeah. Fanboyism has a way of doing that to people doesn't it? They will write off game breaking bugs and major problems with core mecahnics/skills of the game as well as hacks/exploits/cheats simply because they claim to not have experienced any of it themselves (supposedly).
    Ya ill keep a eye on the game like I did with destiny but for me personally I'm done with it.

Going to trade it in and pick up The Uncharted Collection since I haven't played those and been wanting to. But don't worrie everyone who has bitched about me bitching ill still be here

If they fix shit ill pick the game up later at a much cheaper price. Already tied into it thanks to the season pass ffs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I literally lol'd.

Thats just amazing lol.....

I wonder if you set ur timer before the first patch if you can still farm 13-15PC a kill lol.

Thats just amazing lol.....

I wonder if you set ur timer before the first patch if you can still farm 13-15PC a kill lol.
    Well, perhaps you can buy 1.2 loot when you set your date six weeks into the future.

Deleted
    There is also a bug with the recalibration. Should work on console too.

Recalibrate - didn't get the correct roll? Select something but don't agree on changing the stat, just press the start button on your controller (works on PC)
    Wohoo, no credits spent, no price increase.

Recalibrate - didn't get the correct roll? Select something but don't agree on changing the stat, just press the start button on your controller (works on PC)
    Wow.......

You're shitting me!?

That's amazing and sad at the same time. Time to max out the Stat on every recalibration I've done with all my gear! If it works on Xbox that is.

This game is so fucked up right now.....
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-04-16 at 07:17 PM.