Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had an impatient healer that wanted to rush through Grim Batol today. He wanted the tank to pull Throngus right on the adds in the middle of the semicircle. We were stunned by the Twilight Beguilers while Flaming shield was blasting us. He then raged on us for not interrupting the Beguilers........

I think the problem with TW dungeons is some don't know the mechanics and others just want to blaze through. Most of my groups have been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Sorry but this is wishful thinking the sad cold reality is :

You enter a dungeon, you wipe once to a mechanic. Tell people the mechanic. You wipe again because they didnt listen/understood. Tell poeple the mechanic AGAIN. They flame whine "hey faggot i know this dungeon imma vanilla player (account created 2014) " you wipe again. They Leave. GG
    Or they really are a vanilla player coming back and aren't used to there actually being any mechanics :P

In all seriousness what really happens is dungeon journal doesn't tell you everything. And people don't know these dungeons very well. Just be patient with them. If you are a vanilla player then stop lying to everyone because if that makes you rage LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Or they really are a vanilla player coming back and aren't used to there actually being any mechanics :P

In all seriousness what really happens is dungeon journal doesn't tell you everything. And people don't know these dungeons very well. Just be patient with them. If you are a vanilla player then stop lying to everyone because if that makes you rage LOL.
    I dont have patience for people who purposely waste my time by not doing 5 minutes of homework by reading a few paragraphs. Honestly, why couldn't they just read the dungeon journal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Maybe they just don't know it. Ignorance != stupidity. Take 2 seconds and type in chat the mechanics. Teach them. Easy as fuck. Don't be anti-social.
    Gotta side with Jaylock on this one.
    If you see Sylvanas screaming "Watch, heathens, as death surrounds you!", then multiple shadow-ridden ghouls start approaching towards you, you start attacking one marked with a skull with other 3 party members, and you still see that random guy that goes to hit another... it isn't my job to teach them what to do in more or less obvious situations, since all they do is bringing frustrations for the others. The least they could do is go look it up for themselves if they aren't sure.

Other stupid behaviors seen in End Time:
    -Using CDs on shadowy elves during Tyrande's gauntlet
    -Not interrupting Tyrande
    -Standing in the purple haze during Sylvanas
    -Pulling EVERY pack in the Red Shrine (cringeworthy, really)
    -Not being able to sneak past Obsidian Shrine's pack (if you aren't sure you can do it, just warn the party instead of scrambling around pulling everyone...)
    -Not staying on platforms during Cairne
    -Not picking up the damn totems during Cairne
    -Completely ignoring Jaina's staff pieces (seriously...)
    -Believing you have to clear the whole shrine to have Jaina spawn
    -Not interrupting the infinite casters, or dispelling stuff for that matter
    -Using Heroism before Murozond has used Temporal Snapshot (why...)
    -Clicking on the hourglass trigger happy

...and this is in a single instance, where you fight 3 bosses. Such an amount of fails seems something fit for a small raid, not End Time. I'm not going to teach people how to play, I've already done my researches, I had my fails and I apologized deeply, not going to spoon-feed anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Dude it's a game.

You enter a dungeon, you wipe once to a mechanic. Tell people the mechanic. No more wipes. GG
    Lol, you think that explaining a fight 1 time to people who don't know it prevents all wipes? It's more like:

Wipe once.
    Explain fight.
    Ask if everyone understands.
    xzxIlidan says: No, explain again please.
    Explain again.
    Start fight
    Mid-fight tell people what to do (Kill add now! Run to red!)
    Wipe again.
    Call Twonubsonecup out for his standing in fire.
    Twonubsonecup leaves.
    Rest of the group calls you an asshole
    You have been removed from the group.

Sounds like you all just need a little patience.

Or make a Blood DK. I can solo every boss fight on my Blood DK, the other members are just there to make it go quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I dont have patience for people who purposely waste my time by not doing 5 minutes of homework by reading a few paragraphs. Honestly, why couldn't they just read the dungeon journal?
    Was wondering when I'd get to say this hey, its jaylock!

Do you even realize there is NO Dungeon Journal entries for Timewalking? The pages are a lore bio and nothing more. You can use the heroic part but just looking at Murozond it doesn't explain how to do anything.

Some people also enjoy the discovery. You always have those people that either don't want to spoil the fight by reading the journal. Or they don't want to use flying mounts so they can explore the world and make it feel bigger. You're not the only person in the game and everyone likes something different.

Maybe they dont know dungeon journal exists

The people that queue as tanks or healers to dodge the queue times then have no idea what they are doing can suck pretty badly. Luckily 1 decent dps can damn near carry a group through any screw ups.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

They should know all mechanics BEFORE entering. Thats why we have a *GASP* dungeon journal, that clearly states all mechanics.
    The problem with this is they have to study the mechanics in any of the dungeons they might get, since they're randomly chosen. That many bosses is a big chunk of preparation to ask J. Random Player to swallow.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    aka they don't have to do silver PG to enter.
    And what did that achieve before timewalking ?
    Not a damn thing.

The experience is for a variety of reasons.
    Lack of familliarity, and horrible scaling which due to fundamental stat and class changes is unavoidable.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Probably because the "pro" players don't give them a chance to read the journal and just run ahead pulling a bunch of shit and expecting others to keep up.

"Read the journal before you queue hurrdurrrdurrr" Unless you queue specifically, there's no telling what dungeon you'll get, and honestly even if you do read ALL the dungeons' journals, there's a good chance you're not going to remember, or maybe you think you understand it until you actually get in and see it for yourself. Mistakes happen.

Expect others to do a little homework for themselves, sure, but don't lambast them for screwing up once, either. The whole "checking beforehand" thing can go both ways, too, by the way. Before you even pull the boss stop and ask if anyone doesn't know the fight.

Just play on a private vanilla server, everyone on there should be good and get through the dungeons perfectly

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    They should know all mechanics BEFORE entering. Thats why we have a *GASP* dungeon journal, that clearly states all mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    TW are fine, just the community is garbage, it is like to do PvE with the random Average Joe from MMO C that it only "HURR DURR NOBODY WANTS GARRISON OMGAD LFR IS RUIN PVE" and in the end they are just pure garbage that deserve to get trashed.

Their brain is still at the stage of an Australopithecus, they cant really undestand how to jump in the Bain fight and throw the hammer in the lava.
    I'm glad that these 2 comments were right next to each other... If you can't be assed to help other people then you need to be running with your guild only, doing solo content, or playing Skyrim.

Edit - Oh hell... Jaylock thread... nvm...

Cata and BC heroics in particular have always had a reputation of being the hardest heroics in wow's expansion history. It doesn't really surprise me that people would wipe and quit during these, but it does amuse me how blame gets thrown all over the place amongst the baddies...
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    Before you even pull the boss stop and ask if anyone doesn't know the fight.
    Thats a waste of the time though 99% of the time ppl just keep quiet

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, stop acting all back and elitist. Timewalking dungeons aren't a big deal. They might be a little tougher, but people can be new and not experienced it in other ways than the weaker version during leveling.

If you expect certain people in your Timewalking, stop using the group tool and make your own group to queue with.

Your attitude in this, is what makes MANY dungeons boring, and what sets people off from wanting to run them, or try other speccs.

By my book, you are just as 'bad' as a person who doesn't know any of the tactics.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

And if you want to call those deemed lazy out as being "bads", what about the not unrealistic figure of 95% in everbloom using the shortcuts.
    Inexperienced and willfully skipping content in a way that is known to not be intended are not the same thing by a long way.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And if you want to call those deemed lazy out as being "bads", what about the not unrealistic figure of 95% in everbloom using the shortcuts.
    Inexperienced and willfully skipping content in a way that is known to not be intended are not the same thing by a long way.
    I still get confused when they do the shortcut. Sometimes it goes just as fast to kill your way, as for some to get up there..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    lol

This isn't TBC/Vanilla anymore.
    So? That statement changes absolutely nothing. Be social and explain the mechanics to the people who don't get it. If you don't wanna make the effort, then don't bother running it. This isn't vanilla/TBC anymore, absolutely, but it's still both WoW and an MMORPG. Make the effort or run the other dungeons. Let the people who want to run a "hard" dungeon do it.