10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *yawn* I'm not going anywhere.
    Then don't bitch about the conversation.
    We are discussing vanilla realms, and you complained about discussing vanilla realms.

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Groups were free to min/max or not. Many did, many did not.
    You could find a group that would take your spec if you wanted.
    You are the one putting conditions on your own statements.
    K you can selective memory if you want. There were shit tons of threads/arguments about how many specs were fucking terrible in raids. Many guilds would have recruitment posts avoiding certain specs like the plague.

- - - Updated - - -

Then don't bitch about the conversation.
    We are discussing vanilla realms, and you complained about discussing vanilla realms.
    I can do or say whatever I want. Run along and play you are boring me.

Now we are comparing a private server infringing on copyright to the civil rights movement. *sigh*
    Didn't a guy, earlier in the thread, compared playing Vanilla WoW to basic human rights, or something like that?

Lol this shit is still going?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Yes, they do, Vanilla was massively more shitty than WoD as far has how it played. Doing MC as a fire mage was sooooo intuitive and fun.
    I'm pretty sure throwing fireballs at Ragnaros the Firelord is counterintuitive. Your intuition might be skewed :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me more sad than upset honestly. If it were up to me Blizzard wouldn't have shut Nos down so people could still enjoy their trip down memory lane, but I don't want WoW resources used up in any capacity to support a version of the game who's time has past.

I remember one of the best memories of Vanilla was getting into my friends MC guild run as a ret pally, especially because they accidentally ML'd me the T2 leggings off Rag, boy were they salty. However it was very rare you could get past MC or maybe BWL as an off spec in Vanilla.
    As discussed, one option is to license the IP to a vanilla provider.
    Like they do with WoW in China.
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=4639485

Would that option work??? I don't know. I have no numbers.
    Just pointing it out as an option.

I would say that's not really the same though. Those games are linear games with a clear end point. Vanilla however is just a different version of something that currently exists. If you were to complain that you absolutely refuse to play FO4 becuase they've ruined the game and instead you plan to only ever play FO3 then it might be the same, but those games have different stories, different RP that can be done, Vanilla doesn't have it. All the story (save for questing, which didn't have much story anyway) is the same in Vanilla as it is in WoD, Ragnaros is still the boss of MC, Nef is the boss of BWL, KT is still the final boss of the game. All that's really different is the QoL and how classes work and some people I guess just prefer shit class balance and needing hours just to find a group and get to a dungeon.
    The questing story IS significantly different though. Legend of Stalvan (duskwood chain), Westfall in its entirety, starting the quest in the middle of nowhere that takes you to Desolace, which takes you to Scarlet Monastery and rewards you with a weapon that lasts for 10+ levels (you can't get those weapons anymore). I actually really enjoyed those quests. I can't say I've enjoyed a quest line since Cataclysm, and that is one of the biggest reasons I would appreciate Vanilla again. We don't even get class quests anymore as we're leveling like we used to. Nothing special has to be done to get max professions, almost all of them don't provide much of any economic significance. I could go on for a while.

Yes, the class balance wasn't that good, it was buggy, the graphics weren't the prettiest thing to look at, but it was a totally different game.

The only thing I can say about the negativity of a permanent frozen realm would be after a long time almost everyone will have progressed to the point where nothing more can be done. A guild could carry a fresh 60 to best in slots gear in a few weeks. Everyone would be wearing the same gear. There would be no incentive to do anything. Although, again, that would take a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Didn't a guy, earlier in the thread, compared playing Vanilla WoW to basic human rights, or something like that?
    Yeah there have been some really crazy comparisons over the past 300 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Plenty more to the game other than just raiding. Well.. at least back then. But at least we got raiding now... I guess. Yay for small victories!
    Plenty, huh? Ok, I'll bite. Let's see.... raiding... PvP'ing in BGs... reputation farming... collecting mounts... what else?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can do or say whatever I want. Run along and play you are boring me.
    Very mature.
    Only option is to play WoD. I don't like WoD.
    I see you are not playing it either. Instead you spending all your time in this thread bitching.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Lol this shit is still going?
    Yes apparently people have difference of opinion on the matter - who would of thought we all dont want the same thing

Riiiiight because WoD only has raiding! Nothing else! Nothing for achievement hunters, mount collectors, pet battles, pvpers, etc.
    Gotta get those 3x of each Combat Pet, in Rare quality and level them all to 25! lol, Content!
    And apexis zones. All. Every day. More content!

I unsubbed because I was so overwhelmed with all the high quality content all around me on WoD! haha

Most people are shitting out opinions to get views on youtube but hey whatever narrative you need. Watch how those guys abandon your cause and move on to the next thing in short order.
    Youtubers not allowed to have opinions.
    Random poster #32860, on a fanmade website, is the only one allowed. More at 11. Back to you Tom.

Very mature.
    Only option is to play WoD. I don't like WoD.
    I see you are not playing it either. Instead you spending all your time in this thread bitching.
    Damn can you see into my computer? I'm actually in game right now while watching the LCS playoffs for League of Legends. And soon I'm going to log on to alpha. Multitasking and all that. You on Vanilla right now? Oh wait...umm bad question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    Uhmm... Surely there are saved back up copies of Nost sitting on another server somewhere?

Why can't the devs just boot up another server some place else?

The legal notice is just for that one server, so this should be possible to do????
    Yes give them more reasons to sue the shit out of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    I'm pretty sure throwing fireballs at Ragnaros the Firelord is counterintuitive. Your intuition might be skewed :P
    I wasn't throwing fireballs, that was kind of the point of what I said. But Rag was farm content in my guild and Fire was the better spec for later raids so throwing frostbolts as a fire mage was my only choice...well that or pay 50g everytime we wanted to do MC which wasn't worth it for farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn can you see into my computer? I'm actually in game right now while watching the LCS playoffs for League of Legends. And soon I'm going to log on to alpha. Multitasking and all that. You on Vanilla right now? Oh wait...umm bad question.
    You are the number one poster in this thread.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/misc.php...sted&t=1975197

You seem to spend A LOT of your free time here.
    Are vanilla realms such a threat to you that you must constantly post?

Gotta get those 3x of each Combat Pet, in Rare quality and level them all to 25! lol, Content!
    And apexis zones. All. Every day. More content!

I unsubbed because I was so overwhelmed with all the high quality content all around me on WoD! haha

Youtubers not allowed to have opinions.
    Random poster #32860, on a fanmade website, is the only one allowed. More at 11. Back to you Tom.
    Oh joy I love replying to these.

Part 1: Only need one of each pet that is rare at 25 to content on warcraftpets.com And yes it is content and there is a fairly robust pet community. Pet battling, pet collecting, pet trading, pet selling. All of it is fun to do for people that like that type of thing. I've no need to do apexis content or Tanaan but that is out there for people that need/want it. PvPing is always an option for those that want it. Achievements, mount gathering, and so on. Plenty to do. And of course raiding is solid.

On Vanilla you can go grind Dire Maul for the 12th time or go farm resist gear. So fun?!? Resist gear! Woo!

Part 2: Nah the thing is random youtuber #131742 ads as much value as random poster #32860. Actually I'd take the random poster, that way I don't have to listen to some long winded video.

- - - Updated - - -

You are the number one poster in this thread.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/misc.php...sted&t=1975197

You seem to spend A LOT of your free time here.
    Are vanilla realms such a threat to you that you must constantly post?
    You mean how I just refresh threads i post in for new posts? So much effort hitting that one button.

Are vanilla realms a threat to me? Nah, Blizz has said multiple times they aren't doing it. I'm not the one fighting a crusade to get those realms to show up. You guys are.

Pssst. you have 2/3rds of your entire posting on this site in this thread. I think that is really sad.

Part 2: Nah the thing is random youtuber #131742 ads as much value as random poster #32860. Actually I'd take the random poster, that way I don't have to listen to some long winded video.
    "Most people are shitting out opinions to get views on youtube but hey whatever narrative you need. Watch how those guys abandon your cause and move on to the next thing in short order."

Yeah... sounds like you do value their opinion as much as yours... I can see that..

Oh joy I love replying to these.
    Pssst. you have 2/3rds of your entire posting on this site in this thread. I think that is really sad.
    You have half as many posts in this one thread than I have total, and I've been a member since 2011.

"Most people are shitting out opinions to get views on youtube but hey whatever narrative you need. Watch how those guys abandon your cause and move on to the next thing in short order."

Yeah... sounds like you do value their opinion as much as yours... I can see that..
    Fun fact, I've not watched a single one of those videos. I don't need some talking head telling me anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    You have half as many posts in this one thread than I have total, and I've been a member since 2011.
    And? Am I not allowed to post in threads? There are some people on this site with over 15k posts. Do I get a cookie?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man you guys must be losing your thunder railing about Vanilla if you are so worried about people's post counts!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is sad. I was having fun in Nost until they shut it down.
    No need to rack up thousands MMO-C posts.
    I was content. Now I am not.

That is why we are here.
    Again, if you don't like it, move along. No one is forcing you to monitor this thread 24x7.