Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Just resubbed, where is everyone at?

Not a troll thread or anything, stopped playing half way through Mists and just subbed now to experience the new content. Level 91, just went back to Stormwind and it's completely empty for a Saturday night on a high pop server. Is everyone just hanging out in another hub I've not gotten to yet? Just a genuine question, cheers for the answers!

Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    Not a troll thread or anything, stopped playing half way through Mists and just subbed now to experience the new content. Level 91, just went back to Stormwind and it's completely empty for a Saturday night on a high pop server. Is everyone just hanging out in another hub I've not gotten to yet? Just a genuine question, cheers for the answers!
    Tanaan and Stormshield are the hubs you're looking for.

everyone lives in their own little garrison, (thank you player housing, worst idea ever for an mmo)

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    And those won't have that many people either because most are in their garrison or doing other instanced based stuff.

Deleted
    they are probably offline because not many people are subbed to this current game.

On most big servers Stormshield is the hangout, unless it a big rp server then SMC SW and most cities are still pretty populated
    Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    everyone lives in their own little garrison, (thank you player housing, worst idea ever for an mmo)
    Just a flatout wrong view of it. Player housing has worked in many MMOs, so don't go trying to play that card. The -actual- problem if you look at everything at once is they did not make the outer areas important enough to go to. Had they kept garrisons as a follower system with cosmetics, and left the crafting/mechanical aspects in the public hubs, you would of seen a balance.

Garrisons aren't the issue. The lack of reason to go out into the world is.

The problem isn't player housing, played many a game with it and it caused zero issues. The problem is you can do everything in it and there is zero reason to leave it.

There's also the new "garrison" feature you'll see heavily criticized on these forums that contain most of the PVErs, however these garrisons are instanced like dungeons and raids, and thus you'll only see yourself (and your raid if you decide to host a party)

15+ Year Old Account
    inside their safe space aka. Garrisons.

On stormrage (high pop ally server) I see loads of people at stormshield (the main hub in WoD). I'm sure there's also plenty residing in their garrisons.

Deleted
    Garrisons most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Everybody quit, my own subscription runs out next month.

See if you can get a refund and come back for legion instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Tanaan is pretty much empty in a lot of servers I know of, I only see people doing Kazzak. Its also getting very hard to find groups to do apexis dailies. Stormshield is more crowded, but its not really that much people there these days.

Most of the playerbase is either in their garrison or in some instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormshield, Garrisons, logged out untill Legion releases.

This patch has soon been out for 10 months. Not much left to do in game.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Well, that isn't the case for my realm, SW is almost always populated with RPers and such or promoting guilds in the Cathedral District. The only thing is that my realm isn't for the faint of heart or the close-minded or easily trolled.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Could call it "Single player raiding". Because it's as close to that as it is to a Player Housing feature.

Deleted
    anywhere where pvp hungry russians can not invade!

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    they are probably offline because not many people are subbed to this current game.
    lol and what MMO has lots of subs?

I spend most of my logged in time either raiding or on a farm spot for a mount rather than a hub. I can't get anything at a hub but I can in stormpeaks or all the zones in draenor!
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2016-04-16 at 09:20 PM.