Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Legs dont spread any further based on the mount your ride you have one default posture for every mount(except the new motorcycles they have custom postures).
    that's precisely my point, the naga don't have any greater difficuly than any other races mounting, short of people with utter lack of imagination being unable to grasp how something could ride something else without 2 legs

I thought of a brief scenario that could lead to playable Naga without the aforementioned model problems.

Take a group of Naga who hate what they have become, and regret their decisions so long ago. They attempt to reverse their transformation via a ritual.

It doesn't work quite as desired, but now they have legs, tails, and there is a bit less sexual dimorphism (females only have two arms now). They encounter difficulties when trying to rejoin their true brethren, the Kaldorei, and have to prove themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I thought of a brief scenario that could lead to playable Naga without the aforementioned model problems.

Take a group of Naga who hate what they have become, and regret their decisions so long ago. They attempt to reverse their transformation via a ritual.

It doesn't work quite as desired, but now they have legs, tails, and there is a bit less sexual dimorphism (females only have two arms now). They encounter difficulties when trying to rejoin their true brethren, the Kaldorei, and have to prove themselves.
    So they are night elves with fish scales? That wouln't be so naga like anymore.
    The tail is what makes a Naga a Naga. Half humanoid, half Snake/Eel/Serpent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    that's precisely my point, the naga don't have any greater difficuly than any other races mounting, short of people with utter lack of imagination being unable to grasp how something could ride something else without 2 legs
    I really would like to see a Naga ride a rocket.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-04-16 at 10:14 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for new races, no matter how silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    You took a lot more than what I said.

No. My idea of playable Naga is more akin to lizardmen. This concept art helps a bit, and I took some inspiration from it.

This is a game, physics don't have to make sense.

Naga on mounts: Curl their tail up, wrap it around the belly of the mount or just let it dangle down the side. It would take adapting them to all mounts ofc, but so does every new race.

Naga with armor: Well, boots could be turned to different effects on the upper side of their tails, and legs could reach just down to where their body meets the ground (or slightly above). Chest, shoulder and head = all can be solved.

Many cool ways to bring them to us, and I'd love them for it. Always wanted nagas and even moreso now with the new Naga models seen in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    You took a lot more than what I said.
    No. My idea of playable Naga is more akin to lizardmen. This concept art helps a bit, and I took some inspiration from it.
    So basically aquatic Drakonides. I would prefer "real" Drakonides over this.

Naga without a snake-like lower body is not a Naga anymore. It's like creating a snake with four legs. It's not a snake anymore.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-04-16 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    It's possible but with current Blizzard who knows? I'd have to wait and see how Legion after how atrocious WoD was. I don't think Blizzard's heart is in it anymore when it comes to the World of Warcraft.
    Legion so far says otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    I was refering to the race itself. Not the people

Did The King of Uruk triggered you so hard that you need to used it as somekind of insult?
    Using it for an imaginary race makes even less sense than before, so I guess you're just throwing around words like edgelord and triggered as a way of jumping on the internet cool kids bandwagon lol.

Oh yeah, I totally got "triggered" by a badly written mythological character based extremely loosely on an actual historical figure .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, physics don't have to make sense.

Naga on mounts: Curl their tail up, wrap it around the belly of the mount or just let it dangle down the side. It would take adapting them to all mounts ofc, but so does every new race.

- - - Updated - - -

I really would like to see a Naga ride a rocket.
    With their default animation, like the rest of the races, of course.

Naga without a snake-like lower body is not a Naga anymore. It's like creating a snake with four legs. It's not a snake anymore.
    And? It's not that important. I'd rather play a badass lizardman then nothing at all. Plus, the males have crocodile-ish heads(or monitors, I am not sure). Pretty sure snakes don't have tendrils either.

Go make mountains out of different molehills.

EDIT: Dragon-ish heads. Not crocodile or monitor.
    Last edited by Wewlad; 2016-04-16 at 10:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Using it for an imaginary race makes even less sense than before
    No. Not really. I'm saying that WoW has enough "dark" or "pragmatic" races by now. Specially taking in count both the Death Knight are almost like a race in their own
    so I guess you're just throwing around words like edgelord and triggered as a way of jumping on the internet cool kids bandwagon lol
    I find this kind of funny. Taking in count that you are trying to use the same persona that i've seen in lots of forums. You know. The one of an aggressive person that tries to take every part of the coment out of context. Even trying to disregard internet slags just for the sake of look intelectual or more menacing.

You are not even the first one in this forum to do that. Anyways. It's just getting boring. Specially because of the reason you tried to pull it out.
    Oh yeah, I totally got "triggered" by a badly written mythological character based extremely loosely on an actual historical figure .
    Read above.

Tho. I still think it is almost laughable that you are trying to offend me by insult my avatar. That's...Oh, what would a "cool internet kid" say? yes. Edgy.

Doesn't look worse than male pandarens...seriously, why they didn't make male pandaren mounts scale up like they do for taurens and gnomes is beyond me.

But alas, I do hope it'd be a bit more inspired. Think more like, a cobra curled up. Or, again, tail hanging to the side, maybe leaning a bit backwards to rest on the backside of the tail that's on the saddle.

The possibilities are endless, and playable Naga would no doubt have better skeletons than those old ones.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-16 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Why not? I mean, what's preventing them from giving naga an unique mounted animation?

As for clipping, my night elf ears disagree. They pierce everything. Now, they shouldn't have large amounts of clipping, but the fins on the back clipping out of the armour actually look exotic. Kind of like how forsaken bones show for many armours.
    Have you seen how much people complain when they clip through armor? Sure Blizzard can give them an overall unique animation, but that same one won't work for every mount out there and i guarantee there would be a lot more clipping than the regular models. Sure some are willing to overlook that just to have a Naga, but the amount of complaints calling for special treatment would be overwhelming.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically aquatic Drakonides. I would prefer "real" Drakonides over this.

Not true...In fact there is a new Naga model who has two legs as well as a tail. Unless you can claim that it is not a Naga either the tail instead of legs is not the defining feature anymore.

I would love to see Naga for Alliance and Ogres for Horde.

"Introducing New Player Races!

Renegades from the dark depths of the Great Sea, torn between their twisted queen and the light of the surface. They rise to help defeat their oppressors, the Naga join the Alliance!

Once sworn enemies of the Horde, the once mighty tribes have put aside the old hatred for the promise of survival in the face of extinction. The Ogres have found a new home, in the Horde!"

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyruna View Post
    could work the same way the worgen does, give the ability to change form at will but in combat you'll be forced into the naga form.
    No it couldn't since Naga are ALWAYS Naga and cannot change form like Worgen can.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Not really. I'm saying that WoW has enough "dark" or "pragmatic" races by now. Specially taking in count both the Death Knight are almost like a race in their own

I find this kind of funny. Taking in count that you are trying to use the same persona that i've seen in lots of forums. You know. The one of an aggressive person that tries to take every part of the coment out of context. Even trying to disregard internet slags just for the sake of look intelectual or more menacing.

You are not even the first one in this forum to do that. Anyways. It's just getting boring. Specially because of the reason you tried to pull it out.

Read above.

Tho. I still think it is almost laughable that you are trying to offend me by insult my avatar. That's...Oh, what would a "cool internet kid" say? yes. Edgy.
    I should have clarified, my referring to your avatar was in response to me thinking that you were calling others edgelord, so I apologize. That being said, you do seem to be using certain terminology that could be attributed to the same "aggressive persona" you said you're familiar with, so you're the best judge of whether that fits you as well.

Back on topic, they have shown Deathknights to be more than just merciless or heartless killing machines as Thassarian is a good example. Nagas haven't really gotten much character development beyond the Vash'j faction or a couple quest-givers thrown here and there.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Read above.

Shut up, weeaboo
    An'u belore delen'na

We got Demon Hunters as a playable class, so really anything is possible now.

Naga are definitely plausible, there are other ways of displaying legs/boots than just legs and boots.

For example, check out how armor would fit on a Dryad/Keeper of the Grove race if they were ever implemented.

Seems crazy but with a little bit of creativity it works perfectly fine.

Lorewise though, it would be hard to justify. The Coilskar Naga are a faction of Naga that are part of the Illidari and therefore, friendly to us, so it's not to say that friendly Naga are impossible.

And Blizzard is a lot more fan servicey than people take them for, I still can't believe Illidan redemption actually happened.

Naga would have to join the Horde based on aesthetics alone, also the Night Elves won't tolerate them no matter what. Coilskar could definitely find friends among the Blood Elves, who accepted the Sunfury back into their ranks, so the Naga really aren't too much of a stretch from there. "Didn't want to help the Legion when Kael went crazy" will be a good enough reason for the Horde.