Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    You even played diablo? Endless paragon levelling is basically the bane of that game so i'm not even sure how you think adding it to WoW is a good idea. The greater rifts and bounties getting ported to WoW were actually good features to port but endless paragon levelling is not.
    It really is. The only bad thing that they could incorporate into wow from diablo is the endless paragon leveling system.

I'd definitely like to see a *similar* system that allowed you to perpetually earn experience toward some kind of character advancement over time, though it would need some careful consideration to settle on the right rewards for a game like WoW. The paragon system is fantastic in Diablo and offers a great long-term incentive for doing everything, so I think the same philosophy would be invaluable to have in an MMO. The tricky part is just settling on something that feels rewarding without having significant negative side effects.

So what exactly is the problem with paragon levels in D3?

They are adding a paragon system. It's called artifacts.

It seems like they are doing a paragon like system for wow pvp. I don't really care about a paragon system but I wish there was a lot more mobs and single player dungeon like places in wow involved with the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Resonable monthly paragon point cap - problem solved. Next.
    Another way to screw people who went on a break. Ohai that dude played for 3 months and you didn't? He's forever 2 monthly caps ahead of you.

I'm a mythic raider. Are you happy with logging in 2-3 times each week, do your raid, log out and be done with the game? No need to enter the world, no social contacts outside the raid? I think this system would give the people a reason to go out in the world again.
    Yep, when I level cap I want to play dungeons and raids and if I'm done with my main and have spare time, I play my alts. I don't want to run around the world and do mundane tasks to grind off a bar. One time quests for lore are cool, grinding endless "dailies", "events", "rare spawns" or whatever else to fill up a bar, get rep, get currency or something else is not something I enjoy. Therefore I agree with the notion it's probably content for casuals who don't care to raid. It needs to be there so they have something to do since they don't raid.

I'm looking forward to legion's scaling dungeons (I just hope Blizz doesn't make them so biased towards specific class / spec comps like previous "challenge modes"). I don't really look forward to some "world objectives" that will probably be a zerg like when doomroller spawns, but I guess I'll have to do them for artifact power and other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Absolutely terrible idea to add paragon to wow, so bad that I would quit the game over it, and I'm a filthy scumbad fanboi.. That's saying something m8

I dislike paragon as it is in Diablo 3. I prefer a system where:

1. You level from 1 to max level
    2. Once you hit max level, you earn a choice of nice rewards
    3. Then you can reset back to level 1 and run thru it again.

Leveling would have be separated from the rest of the game as its own progression path though. You'd have to throw a switch. One toggle and you are max level and ready to raid or 5 man or pvp as usual. Toggle it again and you switch to leveling mode and continue on your leveling progression.

Paragon just kinda leaves you at max level and tosses smaller and smaller rewards at you. My system is better because the rewards can always be big.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    So what exactly is the problem with paragon levels in D3?
    Encourages people to bot or at the very best completely nolife it because it gives too much power tied to simply hours played. "Casuals" stand no chance. They had to introduce "seasons" where your paragon is reset to 0 and you grind from the bottom up otherwise the system would become completely uncatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Why is it always grinding that comes out of "casuals" mouths?

Why not just try to progress up the difficulty ladder then begging blizzard to let you no life it?
    Casuals "no-lifing" something. Right. What's next, a complaint that snails shouldn't speedrun everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Encourages people to bot or at the very best completely nolife it because it gives too much power tied to simply hours played. "Casuals" stand no chance. They had to introduce "seasons" where your paragon is reset to 0 and you grind from the bottom up otherwise the system would become completely uncatchable.
    How about making paragon levels purely cosmetic then? Or give 1 stat point per level, would that be too much power? Legion items seem to have 2000 or something.

Paragon levels or anything like it has to be one of the worst features they could take from Diablo or any other game really.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Should WoW have paragon levels or some equivalent system? Yes.

Will it happen? Probably not.

Despite the fact that there are a lot of system that would probably be healthy for the games addiction factor and keeping players around, I don't know if paragon leveling is going to be one of them. Even if it wasn't a main stat changer, or it was a very slow build up that only affected non-current content (and not PvP) -- people would still bitch about it.

Too many people see paragon as a goal when it's a supplementary mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Raiding is based upon hours played. That's the single most determining factor. If your guild raids 30 hours per week, your guild will probably be #1 on the server, regardless of skill. Do you think raiding is broken too?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Raiding is based upon hours played. That's the single most determining factor. If your guild raids 30 hours per week, your guild will probably be #1 on the server, regardless of skill. Do you think raiding is broken too?
    LOL What? You are high if you think mythic/old heroic raiding requires hours played over skill. I've played with plenty of downs in progression raids that prohibit actual progression. No matter how much time you beat into their skull, some people just can't move forward.

I'm OK with this as far as "paragon" points can only be applied to things such as less repair bill, extra rep bonus, extra XP bonus on alts, faster fishing, more power to battle pets,...
    It should not include actual character powers, and most certainly less than 5%.

Personally as someone who's first MMO was FFXI I love the idea of a limit/job point or paragon system. Gives players more of an incentive to do those heroic dungeons or dailies outside of just getting valor and reputation. Furthermore if it used a system closer to that of the limit point system from FFXI it also gives new abilities and spells as well as modifying the cool downs and effects of current spells or in other words pretty much the pre-simplified talent tree.

That being said there is the issue of people using bot programs because they don't have time or are just flat out to lazy to do so but frankly I wouldn't want something to not happen because some people are to lazy to grind in an MMO.

All that being said I look forward to the artifact weapons in Legion as that's pretty much exactly what we're getting.

To clarify to those that didn't play FFXI the limit/job point system did have a limit to just how far you could go and was simply earn 10,000xp to earn 1 limit point which was then used by spending 1-XX limit points based on the current level of what you were upgrading.
    Last edited by Cyno; 2016-04-17 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Further explaining the system.

"My" or better the Diablo 3 system of Paragon levels allows you to add minor stat increases all over the character, independet of the gear. But even with Paragon level 1000 in Diablo 3 you still need to wear actual gear to be able to fight and kill monsters. Same would still apply in WoW.
    Certain raiders/guild might feel this is a mandatory thing to do and people may end up being forced to do something they hate. Even if its only an hour a week per a char, doing it on multiple characters will be a pain for some.

No. Any kind of alternative advancement in MMORPG kills the gameplay for newer players and should not be implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>
    I think it's an interesting concept. I also think that this is what Blizzard aim with their Artifacts system, or at least partially. The thing with Wow is that since it's highly competitive - both in PvE and PvP - making account-wide advantage at max level would be, at least in my opinion, detrimental to the health of the game. I'm not against a max-level progression system beyond gear. After all, this is what Path of Titans was supposed to be. It just needs to be coined correctly.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..