Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't want new races because Blizzard has a hard time providing new story for the ones we have. I really don't want them to create new characters for whatever race they add and then leave them behind immediately after the leveling experience.

I remember how pumped I was for Worgen, and then right after the starting zone they pretty much didn't exist.

It was really only until WoD that the Draenei mattered again, and they seem pretty absent from Legion considering this is pretty much what their history is based around.

Night Elf lore is all in books.

Poor Gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    What's wrong with more variety? Once they add a race with adequate racials, they don't have to bother with it anymore and it exists just to give more options.
    Have a look at the gait of the various models. They are differently, especially the hooves races such as Wogens. They need to fit existing models to them, particularly the robes. This would apply to new races.

In order for a race to be worth while, it needs to be visually differently, otherwise people will complaint about it being a reskin.

I think the latest races we've gotten, worgen, goblins and even pandaren are to unpopular and it costed to many resources. Now there aren't many interesting races left to play, though I'd still love to play as a naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    Those players are just stupid and against fun.
    this, theres been people against new races and classes since vanilla, they always say the same shit "we have enough" "why do you want more that ideas stupid" "muh balance"

races and classes are major draws to the game, tons of people coming back because they wanted demon hunter, lots of people came back to finally see pandaren, i know the only reason i came back to the game in cata after my account was stolen in wrath was because someone told me about worgen and i ended up looking up cataclysm and ive been playing again since then.

dont like a new race or class? okay, dont fucking play it then. it doesnt affect you at all to see someone else playing as that, it be like bitching about a pet or mount being ugly, okay, dont use it, someone else will like it and use it.

there will be races and classes added to wow until wow ends, the only possible replacements they could do is to have a major class accessories update (which, judging by artifacts and how only a few accesories made it in, its probably alot more work than a race is) or sub races.

they can only add brown orcs once, just like new models, thats a one off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I think the latest races we've gotten, worgen, goblins and even pandaren are to unpopular and it costed to many resources. Now there aren't many interesting races left to play, though I'd still love to play as a naga.
    worgen are one of the most popular alliance races, and when you add up the percentage of pandaren on both factions theyre actually in the middle. goblins though, are pretty low.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'll agree to goblin and pandaren, but I think we can hardly call worgen unpopular.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaDuke View Post
    I don't want new races because Blizzard has a hard time providing new story for the ones we have. I really don't want them to create new characters for whatever race they add and then leave them behind immediately after the leveling experience.

I remember how pumped I was for Worgen, and then right after the starting zone they pretty much didn't exist.

It was really only until WoD that the Draenei mattered again, and they seem pretty absent from Legion considering this is pretty much what their history is based around.

Night Elf lore is all in books.

Poor Gnomes.
    so what, not every race is important, nor should they be.

gilneans arent at all essential to any plot other than gilneas, theyve been that way since before they were even worgen when they donald trumped themselves into isolation. draenei didnt feel like they mattered because they literally didnt exist until tbc and their lore entirely revolves around the legion and the naaru and we didnt fight the legion in any meaningful way until wod.

the only times gnomes can ever matter is if we go to a titan world with mechagnomes, otherwise thats all theyve got.

i dont read comic books and wonder why moon knight isnt in all the big events doing crazy shit, but moon knight is still one of my favorite characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I'll agree to goblin and pandaren, but I think we can hardly call worgen unpopular.
    if you add up both sides of pandaren theyre popular than alot of races at 6%

http://www.statista.com/statistics/276315/distribution-of-world-of-warcraft-characters-by-race/
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Because we can't give Blizzard any work. Only money. In return of 1 patch expansions. Anything else and they'd exhaust themselves to death. We can't let that happen to our overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

if you add up both sides of pandaren theyre popular than alot of races at 6%

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...cters-by-race/
    A very fair point. Not to mention the incredible plot development they represented (the whole continent of pandaria)

As long as the races introduced aren't just reskinned or thrown in for the sake of it, have decent lore and racials then I'm cool with new races.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Right but if naga start at 1 then they need to edit the armor so naga can level. For hundreds of pieces of armor.
    theyd have to do it either way because of tmog lol
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    I certainly wouldn't go into full rage mode if they decided to include another race, simply defenitely not something I'd be looking forward to, nor do I see any actual strong contenders to a new race spot in the existing lore, that can fit into either faction.

Imho if we want variety, we should be looking at sub-races, and further customization options for the existing races, not more races, but that's just me =P
    I would like sub races too, but lets be honest... of the races we've gotten I doubt anyone thought them as "strong contenders" either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Yeah, and the starting area development, I think, is the biggest piece where we can say "well, maybe it's not worth adding them if we have to put development into 1-2 zones that won't be used by max level players?," which is what I said at the start of the thread. I think that's probably the primary reason to be against implementing new races.

The armor piece already happened with the updated models, and is continuing in Legion (they're editing helms to work better with the new models and animations), so we do know it's something they're willing to do.
    Imo, they could reuse Vashj'ir and its zones. Just phase it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I would like sub races too, but lets be honest... of the races we've gotten I doubt anyone thought them as "strong contenders" either
    Well goblins weren't entirely unexpected I suppose =P But other wise, fair enough.

People are against everything Blizzard does now. I kinda wish they would add Kitsunes.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    People are against everything Blizzard does now. I kinda wish they would add Kitsunes.
    Wish Granted
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issue with adding new races generally, there are a few things that make me second guess doing that.

- Time spent on introduction zones that could be better spent on more Max level content. Issue with these intro zones is that they are there for around...what? an hour at the rate we level now? New races could start with the others in one of their zones.

- Viability. Naga. Now i do not personally like Naga but i have no issue with them being added (doesn't effect me, so meh) though i do see issues with their implementation. First off, armor, now i never thought this was an issue (most pants models are a flat texture) but we now see them implementing 3D assets to more pieces, leading to it being clunkier and somewhat impossible on the anatomy of a tail Naga. Then sidesaddle, while this can work for SOME mounts it will not work for all and will cause a metric ton of clipping. If you think elf ears are bad, oh boy would this knock them out of the park. My only solution is a bipedal Naga, which appears to now be a thing with Legion! Oh boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Well goblins weren't entirely unexpected I suppose =P But other wise, fair enough.
    I never suspected Worgen, Blood Elves, Pandas, or Draenei to be honest. I thought Goblin would make sense, and Ogre/High Elves were natural. This coming from my Vanilla self.

Deleted
    Are they now?

Will pay money for High Elf on ally. Ogre for Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    New races that aren't stupid like reskinned Blood Elves for Alliance (aka High Elves) or Leeper Gnomes for Horde are always welcome, but I would rather have more customization for our current races based on classes and sub-races. Druids could get antlers, Warlocks no matter the race could get some good looking shriveled hands/hunch backs/blind eyes, Vol'Jin got a beard and Varian got scars, why can't we? New models didn't reached my expectations, they are good looking, but just improved versions of what already existed, nothing actually new.

For me its that I rather them do stories with the races we have now, sooooo many races that we can play have like little to no screen time