Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I was actually considering playing again, as the new mage soul sounds interesting except I have to buy all 5 and I didn't even know about the F2P nerfs locked behind a subscription

Yea I'll pass
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I was actually considering playing again, as the new mage soul sounds interesting except I have to buy all 5 and I didn't even know about the F2P nerfs locked behind a subscription

Yea I'll pass
    If it makes you feel better, Gear slots are pretty much locked behind a paywall now unless you are willing to do an obnoxious grind .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Yes.

As well as removed stacking Warfront, Dungeon Charges.

Trion really took a nerf-bat to Rift F2P players.

"In addition to these new bonuses, the following convenience perks are now exclusive to our Patrons (and taken away from F2P players):
    - stacking charges for Dungeons, Warfonts, and Instant Adventures
    - accumulating rest experience
    - queuing for specific Warfronts and Dungeons"

Also, after hiking the Auction House fees to ultimate cock-bag levels a year or so ago due to "a way to prevent people putting too much stuff on the AH - causing in-game lag", now patrons/subscribers also get: 50% reduced Auction House fees and commissions

Just look at how happy people are in this thread (where they cheerfully announce the big "f--k you" to F2P players above):
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...en-better.html

oh, yeah - and some other guy in the thread mentions - locking Best In Slot essences behind a DOUBLE RNG pay-wall lockbox system.
    Imagine Trion went around and threw banhammers with anyone with an ounce of criticism in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Imagine Trion went around and threw banhammers with anyone with an ounce of criticism in that thread.
    Pretty much. I know I ate a permaban for being critical but not breaking a single forum rule. Got it reversed when I sent them an email, but they're stupidly banhappy.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I avoid the official forums. If I make any comment against Slipmat's comments, I get a ban. Hence, why I am convinced he is more than just a "Rift Community Ambassador" and why I get so heated when he spreads nonsense and lies.

Last ban was for saying (and I paraphrase) "Free? 150 f--king dollars to buy all the souls into the game" - (now 180 dollars)

Note, I didn't write "fucking", but even self-censored it as "f--king" - but still, BOOM! BAN! "Rude Language" cited as reason.

Banned for two weeks and all my other posts (not breaking any rules) deleted.

You want to know why else Slipmat gets under my skin? This is a guy who actually suggested not so veiled threats for Trion to seriously consider taking legal action against anyone who speaks out against /or criticizes them - not limited to the Rift forums, mind you, but YouTube, twitter, etc.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-04-17 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought i was done with this Thread, people posting that haven't a clue about the game but seems not, not when i get Wocky making idiotic claims and accusations about me? wtf is this crap?

You want to know why else Slipmat gets under my skin? This is a guy who actually suggested not so veiled threats for Trion to seriously consider taking legal action against anyone who speaks out against /or criticizes them - not limited to the Rift forums, mind you, but YouTube, twitter, etc.
    "Legal action?" think you've been watching reruns of LA Law or something,i think you're refering to the posts about muppets that were blatantly telling people not to support Rift, not to touch the game and "advising" everyone to stay well away, sound familiar? i merely asked wasn't there a Law in the States protecting Companies from this?

Secondly i have absolutely no affiliation to Trion at all, i neither work for them, am employed by them, have any contact with any of them, don't have any Devs on speed dial, on Skype, nothing...no contact outside of reporting bugs on the PTS section when there's stuff to be tested, period, end of discussion
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2016-04-17 at 06:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    i merely asked wasn't there a Law in the States protecting Companies from this?
    Yeah, no veiled threats at all were intimated by you. You brought it up? So why did you if you weren't implying that people should take care in what they post against Trion? You continued to push on with the threats during the whole thread.

Pity no-one took screenshots? Oh, wait...
    http://i.imgur.com/JEsy4ZY.jpg

"Forum is surely covered somewhere" does not come across as a direct threat? Many other people in the thread called you out on this.

I think even Trion deleted your idiotic comments on this one. I should know - all my posts were deleted and I got a ban when I called you out on it, so don't act all so friggin innocent.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-04-17 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure should i be looking for a stalker injunction against you at this point Wocky, you seem to have some unhealthy obsession with me

Anyhow, i merely asked about the Law in the USA as yes, if you deliberately go out of your way to give a Company/Business a negative review and encourage others to stay away, well this is what can happen:

http://abc7ny.com/news/woman-sued-$1...review/998800/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/can-a-co...gative-review/

http://www.komando.com/tips/11733/pe...ing-online/all

I could link stories all day long but i digress......please go and stalk somebody else and welcome to ignore

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure should i be looking for a stalker injunction against you at this point Wocky, you seem to have some unhealthy obsession with me
    There you go again. Implying threats?

You came here. You posted. We responded. On a public fucking forum? How the fuck is that stalking?

You are batshit crazy. As another poster said. Insane.

And what the hell are you doing with linking stories? We know the laws exist. No one disputed that. You, however, tried to imply / threaten people on the Rift Forums in an attempt to silence criticism!

I linked a post where you were intimating (ie. Heavily suggesting) that people should "watch out" what they say against Rift, Trion lest Trion goes after them legally for saying nasty things about them.

How the fuck are you capable of not following a conversation?

ps. Thought you said you were done? You are. Dismissed?

pps. thanks for bumping the thread again.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-04-17 at 08:24 AM.

Anyhow, i merely asked about the Law in the USA as yes, if you deliberately go out of your way to give a Company/Business a negative review and encourage others to stay away, well this is what can happen:

http://abc7ny.com/news/woman-sued-$1...review/998800/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/can-a-co...gative-review/

http://www.komando.com/tips/11733/pe...ing-online/all

I could link stories all day long but i digress......please go and stalk somebody else and welcome to ignore
    You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Trion as well and seem to think they can do no wrong even when they push a pay to win product out. Hell they could make every gear slot in RIFT purchasable with real money only and you would find no issue with that. Maybe they should get a stalker injunction against you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Pretty much. I know I ate a permaban for being critical but not breaking a single forum rule. Got it reversed when I sent them an email, but they're stupidly banhappy.
    Oh yeah I remember you saying in a thread a while back Edge. Trion are batcrap crazy when it comes to forum moderation and can't handle even an ounce of criticism. Also remember someone saying about a reddit mod going batcrap as well and locking/hiding any critical topic.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-04-17 at 08:50 AM.

On topic,it depends entirely on what a new player is looking for in a game,if one wants to just herp-derp and play Rift casually there's plenty to do and see and it's not that bad truth be told,on the other hand if one is looking to get stuck into the competitive (lol) side of the game (Raiding that is,PVP for all intents and purposes has been handed a death sentence in this game) then I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Ill try to give you a short answer.

if you want to log do some meaningless stuff and log off, it might be okish for you.

If you want to do something in a semi serious way, you want to be usefull for your raid mates/pvp mates, if you dont want to be left behind etc etc(you get the idea) be ready to open your wallet to spend a retarded amount of money( that lie about buying stuff with plat, just forget about it.) and be ready to grind like theres no fucking tomorrow.
    I tried to get back into the game last summer and the gentleman i'm quoting above pretty much sums up my experience,Slipmat can try to dress it up as much as he likes,but a turd remains a turd no matter how well it's dressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trion are batcrap crazy when it comes to forum moderation and can't handle even an ounce of criticism. .
    Tell you what, go on the Blizzard forum and make a post saying you think WoW is crap, Blizzard Devs are idiots, tell people not to play the game, it's a waste of money etc etc and see how long you last on there, heck try it on this Forum and see how long you last. People seem to think their right to "freedom of speech" extends to Forums where they can say what they want, eh, wrong? you agree to the rules of said forum when you sign up.

Tell you what, go on the Blizzard forum and make a post saying you think WoW is crap, Blizzard Devs are idiots, tell people not to play the game, it's a waste of money etc etc and see how long you last on there, heck try it on this Forum and see how long you last. People seem to think their right to "freedom of speech" extends to Forums where they can say what they want, eh, wrong? you agree to the rules of said forum when you sign up.
    So constructive criticism with no abuse is a reason to hide or delete posts? Ok then totally nothing to do with Trion devs wanting to make their awful game look good. Also Blizz forums are a cesspit to would never dispute that. If a company can't handle constructive and well laid out criticism then they shouldn't be in the game development business. Although Trion might not be soon if they continue down their slippery slop eh? You should go apply to work there since you spend your time drooling over them like a dog. Like I said they could make the game fully pay to win with no way to grind the stuff in game and you will still find a way to make that look good. Hell they could make RIFT nothing but a black screen and you would still fanboy it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-04-17 at 11:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with you? You know people weren't banned on Rift Forums for that. It's been demonstrated many times by multiple sources. Trion is just ban happy and after been found guilty of some unpopular changes to their business model as well as dubious internal politics and favoritism.

You've lost the plot. Someone asked if Rift is worth coming back to. People gave their experiences with Trion, their forums, and their opinion and even linked forum posts to back them up. You didn't like it. You went batshit crazy.

Complete strawman, bullshit. No-one condones calling ALL the Dev's idiots. However, when screenshots by Apotheosis give proof of Dev giving a guild permission to use an exploit? That is unethical. When Trion take features away from F2P players and make them a "bonus" subscriber feature, that is unpopular and going to upset people. Why do you think the game is hemorrhaging players?

It is obvious that you are not in touch with reality. Once again, you attempt to take the conversation in a completely different direction.
    Trion does get called out for what players deem as unethical, greedy or cash-grab business practices.

You come here, after posting a comment, getting a response you don't like and calling people stalkers for having an opinion?

You seem incapable of following a conversation on a rational level. I sincerely think you are delusional.

You've had too much of the Trion Rift Kool-Aid.

- - - Updated - - -

/sigh... so easy...
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-04-17 at 07:12 PM.

This is what really put me off buying the soul packs. Unless you have lots of alts, you only get one soul you're actually going to use. I'd much rather buy them individually with a small mark up than have to buy them as a package deal. Its a good deal for Trion too, this way they'd get some of my money, rather than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I got banned for a light amount of constructive criticism regarding changes to the AH when they raised the cut the AH takes to try get plat out of the economy. I even presented some other possible solutions for them and a graph showing potential effects of my suggestions. I was banned and the topic deleted in under 30 minutes. You either agree with everything Trion do or be banned, and thats not a healthy way to manage community relations.

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    On topic,it depends entirely on what a new player is looking for in a game,if one wants to just herp-derp and play Rift casually there's plenty to do and see and it's not that bad truth be told,on the other hand if one is looking to get stuck into the competitive (lol) side of the game (Raiding that is,PVP for all intents and purposes has been handed a death sentence in this game) then I personally wouldn't recommend it.
    Rift does offer a lot of fluff content you can do, but if you're looking for something substantial you're probably looking in the wrong place if you don't want to be spending lots of money on it. I can't say if raid content is in decline, but I get the impression it was never very popular in Rift to begin with. The community as a whole is riddled with elitism and sets near unattainable standards if you wish to join in. They've done their absolute best to strongarm Trion into making raids "hard" to get into and they now appear to be reaping what they've sewn.

And it would be nice to get this thread back on topic. Or to sell tickets to the Slipmat vs theWocky showdown we've got going on. A paying audience would make us all very rich !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    And it would be nice to get this thread back on topic. Or to sell tickets to the Slipmat vs theWocky showdown we've got going on. A paying audience would make us all very rich !
    I've finally decided to do a video on it. I'm going to purchase a Teamspeak server license and get some old and current Rift players involved in an open discussion and criticism. I don't feel like expending too much effort on video editing, etc.

No point in speaking to Slipmat re Rift. It's like playing chess with a pigeon. You win, then he knocks over the pieces, struts all over and shits and the board and acts like he won.

I've finally decided to do a video on it. I'm going to purchase a Teamspeak server license and get some old and current Rift players involved in an open discussion and criticism. I don't feel like expending too much effort on video editing, etc.

No point in speaking to Slipmat re Rift. It's like playing chess with a pigeon. You win, then he knocks over the pieces, struts all over and shits and the board and acts like he won.
    Not gonna defend him here but be a tad careful Wocky dude. Not worth getting risk of an infraction or ban over imo. I think some of the stuff he spouts is nonsense but well at the end of the day that's all it is. Also to be actually on topic, No it ain't OP. Game is a mess atm and it's just getting worse.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-04-17 at 02:28 PM.

why not just use discord, team speak and skype are garbage.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Skype is. Teamspeak is actually quite alright nowadays. Although yeah discord is free if I'm not mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will google that. Thanks for the info!

I will google that. Thanks for the info!
    + 1 for Discord. Been using it for quite a few months now and it's great. Team-speak is my second favorite.