Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    there are vids of the violence and riots by these immigrants and you want to dismiss them like they aren't happening because of some perceived bias by those that report on it
    Again, what are you on about? The post you quoted of mine was talking about the Times and Telegraph, explaining their political leanings and trustworthiness.

Did you mean to quote someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    and european leaders need to quit being stupid, but they're not doing that are they?

this will just get worse.
    It seems preferable for them to sell out their own people for foreigners, somehow. I hope they come to their senses soon, because the more of this stuff that happens, the more barbaric European society will again become. The bigger the chance for genuinely scary stuff to happen: Civil wars, the further rise of extreme right wing movements fuelled by the lack of acknowledgement of their previously non-violent concerns.

In essence: If they keep pushing, eventually the people will push back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Our television news is legally not allowed to be biased, so things like the BBC, Sky News, Channel 4 News, etc. are relatively reliable, though they have their ups and downs.
    Almost every BBC news article I have read has leaned to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    We differ there, if there is a massive event going on a curfew should be implemented asap to stop it from even being able to go on over a longer period of time.
    This... was not a massive event. It was a localised event limited to one area that the police had under control all the time...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    Almost every BBC news article I have read has leaned to the left.
    The left thinks the BBC leans right.

Palestinians think the BBC is pro-Israel, Israelis think it is pro-Palestinian.

The BBC...being accused of bias toward the other side since 1922.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This... was not a massive event. It was a localised event limited to one area that the police had under control all the time...
    Right, 1000's of "refugees" creating two separate riots that raged throughout the night.

Oh, I forgot. You said all that was happening when you watched the video was it was just youth throwing garbage around.

No wonder your view is to marginalize and minimize the animalistic behavior and terror these "refugees" exhibited and caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Right, 1000's of "refugees" creating two separate riots that raged throughout the night.

Oh, I forgot. You said all that was happening when you watched the video was it was just youth throwing garbage around.

No wonder your view is to marginalize and minimize the animalistic behavior and terror these "refugees" exhibited and caused.
    I'll leave this here, just to give you some perspective on the world... oh yeah, best to mute it. The music is horrible.

Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I'll leave this here, just to give you some perspective on the world... oh yeah, best to mute it. The music is horrible.

Yeah, those "hooligans" in that video are just as destructive and behaved like animals too. The police should beat them down way harder then they are and should pass stricter laws to prevent that shit from happening.

Not sure the need to import more problems into EU as these "refugees" and migrants are causing.

Deleted
    The left thinks the BBC leans right.

Palestinians think the BBC is pro-Israel, Israelis think it is pro-Palestinian.

The BBC...being accused of bias toward the other side since 1922.
    The left thinks the BBC is biased because all of its well-known political commentators from Dimbleby (Bullingdon club), Paxman, Nick Robinson, Andrew O'Neil etc etc ad infinitum are outed conservatives in the supertax league. There's no one of working class origins.

If the BBC were presented by a collection of former trade union stewards then it would be left-wing. It isn't. It is right-wing because it employs right-wingers. It isn't a difficult deduction.

Yeah, those "hooligans" in that video are just as destructive and behaved like animals too. The police should beat them down way harder then they are and should pass stricter laws to prevent that shit from happening.

Not sure the need to import more problems into EU as these "refugees" and migrants are causing.
    You're missing the point. As usual. The point I'm making is that riots happen all the time. These days, mostly connected to football in Europe. The police knows how to deal with riots. They know how to control them. This one event of a 1000 people rioting? Business as usual for the riot police. No need to implement a curfew.

Also, here's another riot, just to give you more perspective:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...re-centre.html

And a video from the same event:

Incidentally, that's the extreme left wing rioting, if anyone wants to know. The reason? Building plans in the city. Essentially these are supporters of squatters. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    The left thinks the BBC is biased because all of its well-known political commentators from Dimbleby (Bullingdon club), Paxman, Nick Robinson, Andrew O'Neil etc etc ad infinitum are outed conservatives in the supertax league. There's no one of working class origins.

If the BBC were presented by a collection of former trade union stewards then it would be left-wing. It isn't. It is right-wing because it employs right-wingers. It isn't a difficult deduction.
    The left says they are right, the right says they are left. Bloody Thatcher!

You're missing the point. As usual. The point I'm making is that riots happen all the time. These days, mostly connected to football in Europe. The police knows how to deal with riots. They know how to control them. This one event of a 1000 people rioting? Business as usual for the riot police. No need to implement a curfew.

Also, here's another riot, just to give you more perspective:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...re-centre.html

And a video from the same event:

Incidentally, that's the extreme left wing rioting, if anyone wants to know. The reason? Building plans in the city. Essentially these are supporters of squatters. :P
    I never mentioned anything about a curfew, nor would I be in favor of that.

Secondly, just because riots break out all the time it doesn't lessen the violence or the impact on society. Like I said, riots, rioters, or constant rioting by "hooligans" should be met with severe force and severe consequences.

Whether they are "refugees", "hooligans", or some other violent group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor man's LARP is what I see here

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Poor man's LARP is what I see here
    Yeah lot of pushing and shoving, I didn't even see a punch thrown.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

"Unreal violence"?- it's like some people throwing pieces of a pallet at each other under a viaduct.

Unruly, dangerous and uncivil. But 'unreal violence'? Psh. Tame as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thousands? Wasn't there a source in this thread stating that the number of people there was in the hundreds? You know, that one saying that originally there were around a thousand people settled in the station area but were later made to leave and then a few hundred returned?

So, what's this medieval battle of thousands?

10+ Year Old Account
    I never mentioned anything about a curfew, nor would I be in favor of that.

Secondly, just because riots break out all the time it doesn't lessen the violence or the impact on society. Like I said, riots, rioters, or constant rioting by "hooligans" should be met with severe force and severe consequences.

Whether they are "refugees", "hooligans", or some other violent group.
    The aim of police in a riot should be to diffuse the situation. If they need to resort to violence measures to protect the safety of others that's fine but it should not be the default response. Heavy handed tactics will only lead to more civil disobedience. This is pretty much what happened to Syria after the Arab Spring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Unreal violence"?- it's like some people throwing pieces of a pallet at each other under a viaduct.

Unruly, dangerous and uncivil. But 'unreal violence'? Psh. Tame as fuck.
    Agreed. The only reason people paint it otherwise is to push their narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks to be EU
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    Cultural enrichment in action.

They need to add a clause to the refugee charter that gives the host the right to deport the refugees if they start smashing shit up.
    Yeah... this seems like common sense. Why the fuck would they even let them behave like this?

Deleted
    The left says they are right, the right says they are left. Bloody Thatcher!
    All the political commentators any one can name are outed conservatives in the supertax league or have unambiguous right-wing sympathies.

What people may or may not say does not trump that.