Page 82 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing the real numbers some day, because "Will be considered a failure if..." is pretty common business-speak and doesn't typically speak specifically to actual costs, but rather just expectations.
    if you want a comparitive movie, amazing spider-man 2 is a good one, its budget was much much much higher than reported and in the sony leaks it was revealed that sony literally made NO MONEY off that movie

budget from wikipedia

Budget $255 million
    Box office $709 million

its pretty easy to see why warner bros is all "were gonna be more hands on for justice league"

there not gonna let this happen again, if it does the dccu is pretty much dead.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if you want a comparitive movie, amazing spider-man 2 is a good one, its budget was much much much higher than reported and in the sony leaks it was revealed that sony literally made NO MONEY off that movie

budget from wikipedia

Budget $255 million
    Box office $709 million

its pretty easy to see why warner bros is all "were gonna be more hands on for justice league"

there not gonna let this happen again, if it does the dccu is pretty much dead.
    More hands on? Look Snyder is by no means a genius director but Nolan and David Goyer worked on arguably the best dc movie ever made. It's so stunning to me that talented people could let such crap happen and the only conclusion I can come up with is ham fisted studio execs demanding all the JL tie ins. It's why Edgar winter left ant man but with the happy result that ant man turned out pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    More hands on? Look Snyder is by no means a genius director but Nolan and David Goyer worked on arguably the best dc movie ever made. It's so stunning to me that talented people could let such crap happen and the only conclusion I can come up with is ham fisted studio execs demanding all the JL tie ins. It's why Edgar winter left ant man but with the happy result that ant man turned out pretty good.
    theres 4 different people vying for control of the dccu at wb. one of those people is snyder, snyder wants to be the fiege of the dccu.

this movie was almost entirely his fault, and its downfall is probably gonna lose him that spot.

- - - Updated - - -

you dont make a 6 hour version of a movie if studio execs are breathing down your throat, you make a 6 hour movie when you think you're the boss and can do whatever you want.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Where is this "billion dollar budget" thing coming from? I can't find that info.
    It's a bunch of "he said-she said" shit.

WB seems pleased overall with the $800 million the movie has made so far. They bumped up the timing for Wonder Woman earlier and I'm pretty sure that if they could it would have been even sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's a bunch of "he said-she said" shit.

WB seems pleased overall with the $800 million the movie has made so far. They bumped up the timing for Wonder Woman earlier and I'm pretty sure that if they could it would have been even sooner.
    lol, pleased? theyre making major policy changes on what they feel belongs in the dccu and lightening up everything, theyre taking suicide squad a movie that was already lighter and funnier than the general dccu fair and making it even lighter and funnier.

they bumped wonder woman up because she was one of the few things everybody liked, if suicide squad does well theyre gonna lean hard as fuck on batman, batman will probably end up getting moved ahead of almost all the other movies announced after justice league and theyre giving snyder less control in general.

theyre thinking about doing a 2nd run just to make some fuckin money off this shit.

He sees the giant fucking omega sign burned into the ground and those are clearly parademons lifting batman's fools out of the ground. It's all about setting future shit up. What marvel did as after the credits scenes they tried to make.a movie out of....

It's not setting future up as much as showing what would happen if Superman wasn't on Earth's side. It's a nod to Superman being Darkseid's ''son'', the film has many references.

Which was a whole lot fucking more than Martha Wayne who says literally nothing and dies in thr first 5 minutes but apparently we're supposed to be tied to the fact that they share a name! It's asanine onbsobkanybfuckong levels. Batman is stupid for going on this quest in the first place but his reason for stopping it is even fuckong dumber.
    Martha's death made Bruce what he is. She doesn't need screen time for it. Anyone knows why Batman became Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's not setting future up.
    yes, yes it is.

its setting up darkseid. who wont even be in justice league so its kind of eh.

lol, pleased? theyre making major policy changes on what they feel belongs in the dccu and lightening up everything, theyre taking suicide squad a movie that was already lighter and funnier than the general dccu fair and making it even lighter and funnier.

they bumped wonder woman up because she was one of the few things everybody liked, if suicide squad does well theyre gonna lean hard as fuck on batman, batman will probably end up getting moved ahead of almost all the other movies announced after justice league and theyre giving snyder less control in general.

theyre thinking about doing a 2nd run just to make some fuckin money off this shit.
    yeah...yeah...whatever.
    Nice to have an opinion...

WW is going to be as dark if not more so. According to the link already posted, it'll explore what made her give up on the human race after WWI.
    I'm pretty sure in the coming months you'll predict just that and brag to everyone about how accurate your "prediction" was.

yes, yes it is.

its setting up darkseid. who wont even be in justice league so its kind of eh.
    I think that's a stretch.

The main point was showing an Earth ravaged without Superman's help.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Martha's death made Bruce what he is. She doesn't need screen time for it. Anyone knows why Batman became Batman.
    So his father's death had no influence at all? His parent's deaths had little to do with him becoming Batman or more people in Gotham would have become vigilante's over the years. Their deaths are an excuse and a cover for Bruce Wayne's true mental issues.

Too much is tied into the audience being comic readers which presents two problems.

1. Non-comic readers have little reason to care about the characters.
    2. They are not using the comic book versions of the characters which takes another large group out of the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    yeah...yeah...whatever.
    Nice to have an opinion...

WW is going to be as dark if not more so. According to the link already posted, it'll explore what made her give up on the human race after WWI.
    I'm pretty sure in the coming months you'll predict just that and brag to everyone about how accurate your "prediction" was.
    i dont particulary care much about wonder woman and anything worth scooping for that movie was already scooped by other people months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

its not, theyre building up to darkseid, while things might have changed, the original plan was for green lantern to show up at the end of justice league and warn them about darkseid.

in justice league they'll probably fight a generic villain like in avengers and then in justice league 2 thats when we'll see darkseid

- - - Updated - - -

like i said before, im mostly into the dccu for 3 things

1. nightwing

2. aquaman

3. booster gold and blue beetle

those are really the only dc characters im heavily invested in that i know are coming soon.

Wait, what? Were you even watching the same movie? That wasn't an Earth ravaged without Superman's help, it was an Earth ruled by an ironfisted Superman.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    My issues with BvS:

They hinted at so much of Batman's past that would make fantastic films. They wouldn't even need to do the origin story, but there's a hint at "Death in the Family." Don't fucking hint at "Death in the Family." Show it. There are a few more, but none that pissed me off more than that.

On a related note: Batman's willingness to kill. There are continuities where Batman takes a more hard-line stance on criminals, especially after "Death in the Family," but again, we aren't shown this.

Doomsday: this version of his origin is fine, but sweet merciful shit he's pretty much wasted in this movie. He's a titanic threat throughout the comics, and they kill him in a single movie.

Lex: put simply, this isn't Lex.

The primary Batman/Superman fight: completely retarded and unnecessary. As has been pointed out, if either Supes or Bats had taken 4 seconds to say anything except completely useless shit it never would have happened.

Overall, the film just isn't something it feels like DC has earned. Their world isn't full enough to warrant this movie, yet.
    I think your critique is spot on, however I'm on the positive side of liking the movie despite the negatives.
    Batman was originally very much "pulp" in the detective way of things. And like every private detective in those pulps he killed. Of course, things have changed in the comics over the past 70 years.
    I think one thing they'll be showing ever so darkly is just how fragile the human body is. And that's something that's not shown well at all in the comics, but it is something that we should see. In one particular comic book issue, Batman acquires a mother-box and armor for the beating he knows he'll have to endure at Darkseid's hands. So...in the movie I hope we'll see how potent a mother-box is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Wait, what? Were you even watching the same movie? That wasn't an Earth ravaged without Superman's help, it was an Earth ruled by an ironfisted Superman.
    Semantics. The point was to show Batman had to take him out.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    So his father's death had no influence at all? His parent's deaths had little to do with him becoming Batman or more people in Gotham would have become vigilante's over the years. Their deaths are an excuse and a cover for Bruce Wayne's true mental issues.
    This is a false equivalency and not at all true. The death of Bruce Wayne's parents was the pivotal event in his life that sent him along the path to being Batman. Dismissing it because other people didn't do it is kind of bullshit - most people didn't have the means to do what Bruce Wayne did. And obviously his father's death had influence as well, but the connection was between Superman's mother, and Batman's long dead mother.

That's false, their death is the reason he doesn't kill anddoesn't use guns.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies if this was posted before, but this video enhanced the movie for me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKryvj0aBsw

Probably best watched on the throne since it is 8 min long.

That's not semantics. Why would he take him out if the lack of Superman's help was the reason for the bleak future he saw?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    No that wasn't the point. The point was to set up JL and tease more shit in future movies. At that point batman was already dead set stuck on stupid and we had already seen the stupid 9/11 rehash where he saves the 6 year old. If the giant fucking omega symbol in the ground and the parademons wasn't proof enough I imagine when the DVD comes out you'll see more! I remember reading an article saying that even more easter egg future setting up.bullshit.was cut
    Like I said dc or Snyder or whoever tried to craft an entire movie around after credit clips and ended up with a turd.

- - - Updated - - -

That's false, their death is the reason he doesn't kill anddoesn't use guns.
    But he does! He mows fools down like no tmmrw. His car has a fuckong chain gun in front of it. In fact this batman is the least batman of every interpretation. Seriously wtf he brands fools? Superman/Kent has largely done nothing but save people but everyone is anti superman? It makes no fucking sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not a stretch at all. They're building up to new 52 justice League which would normally be awesome except the people fucking suck at making movies out of comic books. Justice.league war the animated movie was fucking great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post

Too much is tied into the audience being comic readers which presents two problems.

1. Non-comic readers have little reason to care about the characters.
    2. They are not using the comic book versions of the characters which takes another large group out of the narrative.
    Even people who only tangentially aware of batman know his origin
    You don't have to be a dedicated comic book fan to know it. Having said that in so far as relative fan exposure is concerned yea no Colson was a much bigger fan favorite than Martha Wayne who is just a prop essentially.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-04-17 at 03:47 PM.