10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess we just hope that Argus is more than a raid zone? You could make an entire expac there.
    I'm not saying that it can't be more than a raid zone, though. I'm just saying that it's entirely possible that the expansion could lead up to an event where we invade a certain part of the world in a raid and the rest of the world could be revisited later. I definitely think it would be cool to have an expansion set entirely in the enemy's territory though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

The thing is, why go to Argus if we have already killed Kil'jaeden and Archimonde?
    Because killing them in Azeroth doesn't permanently kill them while killing them in Argus does, simple.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I'm not saying that it can't be more than a raid zone, though. I'm just saying that it's entirely possible that the expansion could lead up to an event where we invade a certain part of the world in a raid and the rest of the world could be revisited later. I definitely think it would be cool to have an expansion set entirely in the enemy's territory though.
    I was just thinking (pretty much since the topic of possibly visiting Argus popped up in this here thread) how cool it would be for a final raid patch to have a setup like the Firelands patch for instance, with a bit of IoT (or Isle of Quel'danas) flavor mixed in perhaps.

- In the same vein as IoT, we can row our boats back up to the Broken Shore, and start making excursions onto the shore from the ships, eventually setting up a base of operations on it and setting up a daily hub similar to how IoT was set up. They could throw some new World Quests at this zone too while they're at it to mix it up a bit.

-Unlock areas of the Broken shore via server progression (or personal, it's not up to me/us after all :P). Unlock scenarios or events the closer to the Tomb of Sargeras we get to, with a Flamebreach like daily hub directly inside the portal, where we can carry out some super special awesome daily quests in an area (speculatively) within relative distance of the Palace of Kil'jaedan.

Perhaps that's all tainted with a bit of love for previous expansions patches, but that (in my very own personal opinion) seems like it could be an *awesome* way to go about it.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

The thing is, why go to Argus if we have already killed Kil'jaeden and Archimonde?
    I was under the impression that demons and the like could only be dismissed for a time, not killed on Azeroth. To kill them you'd have to travel to where they come from.

Sort of killing a Warlock's demon, it doesn't really kill it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'jaedan never died, he was just sent back through the portal when he was half summoned at Sunwell. Since then, Blizzard has been continuously saying (and taking pride in this certain saying I feel like, for whatever reason) "now it's personal with him and the adventurers," so he's going to appear sooner or later, and I could definitely see him being fought on Argus itself.

I have no idea about what the fuck is going on with Archimonde anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    we never killed kil'jaeden, only flushed him down the sunwell toilet.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    So guys, PAX east is around the corner. I've looked at its schedule and there seems to be nothing about world of warcraft. I did hope for some kind of an announcement to be made there but I guess more waiting is inevitable, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Aion20 View Post
    So guys, PAX east is around the corner. I've looked at its schedule and there seems to be nothing about world of warcraft. I did hope for some kind of an announcement to be made there but I guess more waiting is inevitable, what do you think?
    At this stage, I don't see them having the pre-patch ready for the movie - but I suspect the release date will be announced with the movie.

Possibly a trailer for Legion at the movie or something.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    At this stage, I don't see them having the pre-patch ready for the movie - but I suspect the release date will be announced with the movie.

I just feel like it's a bad move to have new players start and then not too much later have to relearn everything.

If the pre-patch is going to be out before the movie, it literally has to go up on the PTR about this week. The PTR cycle for the pre-patches for the last 2 expansions were about 6 weeks, and this pre-patch has more system changes and a larger world event than the last 2 expansions. Once the pre-patch goes live, it's at least a month until release. Even if pre-patch PTR happens this week, we wouldn't likely see a release date until July 12, because I don't see any way that they release it the week immediately before or after the July 4 holiday. The reality is - mid-July is the absolute best case scenario at this point, and if we don't see immediate movement, it's probably at least August.

The other factor to consider is the release date announcement. Last expansion, the announcement was made 3 months ahead of the release date. Every previous expansion, the release date announcement was made 2 months ahead of the release date. If they are going to do 3 months notice again, everything before late July is ruled out. I kind of suspect they will want to be closer to the 3 month cycle than 2 months because (1) this is going to be the longest content drought they've ever had so it's in their best interest to give people a release date as early as possible (2) the hype/marketing/release window for WoD was extremely successful - they had the largest % new subscriber bump at the start of WoD of any previous expansion. Chances are they want to try to repeat that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    I just feel like it's a bad move to have new players start and then not too much later have to relearn everything.
    This is something that has been happening and will continue to happen at the start of every new expansion. There's always an influx of new and returning players at the launch of an expansion and they always have to deal with significant class changes relative to the last time they played. I just don't think it's something they will excessively care about. If they did, they would have quit revamping classes every expansion by now.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

I doubt it. They never announced the MoP release date with anything. They'll release the date on the website just randomly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    If the pre-patch is going to be out before the movie, it literally has to go up on the PTR about this week. The PTR cycle for the pre-patches for the last 2 expansions were about 6 weeks, and this pre-patch has more system changes and a larger world event than the last 2 expansions. Once the pre-patch goes live, it's at least a month until release. Even if pre-patch PTR happens this week, we wouldn't likely see a release date until July 12, because I don't see any way that they release it the week immediately before or after the July 4 holiday. The reality is - mid-July is the absolute best case scenario at this point, and if we don't see immediate movement, it's probably at least August.

The other factor to consider is the release date announcement. Last expansion, the announcement was made 3 months ahead of the release date. Every previous expansion, the release date announcement was made 2 months ahead of the release date. If they are going to do 3 months notice again, everything before late July is ruled out. I kind of suspect they will want to be closer to the 3 month cycle than 2 months because (1) this is going to be the longest content drought they've ever had so it's in their best interest to give people a release date as early as possible (2) the hype/marketing/release window for WoD was extremely successful - they had the largest % new subscriber bump at the start of WoD of any previous expansion. Chances are they want to try to repeat that.

- - - Updated - - -

This is something that has been happening and will continue to happen at the start of every new expansion. There's always an influx of new and returning players at the launch of an expansion and they always have to deal with significant class changes relative to the last time they played. I just don't think it's something they will excessively care about. If they did, they would have quit revamping classes every expansion by now.
    The pre-patch is still going undertesting on the alpha.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

And that's why people need to actually read what someone is responding to . . .
    People are suggesting we will go to Argus and kill KJ in legion as a raid. And I am saying that if we do that, then why would we stay in Argus after?
    Who says we would?
    Reaching, baiting out, and then destroying Kil'Jaeden on a planet entirely inhabited by hostile demons is an expansion-wide trial by itself.

We could also pursue someone there for half of a raid (I'd say Gul'Dan but we already kill him) like how parts of Emerald Nightmare and Siege of Orgrimmar take place in different geographic locations, and then this gives us the data we need to return there in greater force to properly destroy the place as an expansion, either to take down Kil'Jaeden or simply to deal a crushing blow to the Man'Ari Eredar.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was mention in the books where the Demon Hunters were never seen, but Vandel a character in the book didn't get the chance to get to Mardum with his other Demon Hunters.
    By the way too can anyone confirm when Kael'thas betrayed Illidan? I read the book myself, but I don't know when the Blood Elf prince betrays them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope they don't do a release date for a release date this time, its stringing along players in an already far to long development cycle.

Have we seen anything additional on Cinema promotions (e.g. Free Warcraft). In the UK, Cineworld are running a Competition to win a Gaming PC,XBOX or Playstation if you pre-book - no mention of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    There was mention in the books where the Demon Hunters were never seen, but Vandel a character in the book didn't get the chance to get to Mardum with his other Demon Hunters.
    By the way too can anyone confirm when Kael'thas betrayed Illidan? I read the book myself, but I don't know when the Blood Elf prince betrays them.
    Pretty early on he "disappears" during a mission in Netherstorm and stops reporting back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Pretty early on he "disappears" during a mission in Netherstorm and stops reporting back.
    Another unfortunate casuality of Burning Crusade lore development
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Illidan Novel explains that one of the gifts of Sargeras is a kind of perminance: If you die, you just pop back to your planet of origin. Eredar can't die unless you destroy Argus. Dreadlords can't die unless you destroy Nazarim which Illidan does in the novel. That's why that dude who betrayed Sylvanas at the Wrathgate never came back.

I really don't see the correlation between the movie and Legion's development, at all.

I feel like people are grossly overestimating the movie's impact on the health of the game. There's no reason to believe there's going to be an influx of people coming to the game, new or old, because they watched a tangentially-related movie. Not to mention, movie-going audiences might reject it outright. It's hokey high-fantasy shlock, and that hasn't exactly been a popular genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I really don't see the correlation between the movie and Legion's development, at all.

I feel like people are grossly overestimating the movie's impact on the health of the game. There's no reason to believe there's going to be an influx of people coming to the game, new or old, because they watched a tangentially-related movie. Not to mention, movie-going audiences might reject it outright. It's hokey high-fantasy shlock, and that hasn't exactly been a popular genre.
    Not like there's been much High Fantasy stuff to go around except maybe LOTR.

Anyways back on topic >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post

"We think the best way to get back subscribers is to release content with better consistency. So we want to move to an annual expansion rotation."
    ACTIVISION: MOVIE MOVIE. YOU MAKE BIG EXPANSION.
    "But, sir the movie won't be out-"
    ACTIVISION: MAKE IT HUGE. GIVE PEOPLE WHO BUY TICKETS A SUBSCRIPTON. I EAT SUBSCRIBERS