Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The below post is probably the tipping point for why I won't be voting for Val.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Before someone comes out with the glorious idea of lynching one of you to prove or disprove that the other is a mason, I would like to take this moment to remind ourselves that there is a probably a cop this game who can investigate either one of them tonight, and reveal them down the road when good lynches become essential. Let's not have a repeat of past mistakes please.
    If he was scum looking to rack up some townie points then fair enough but I don't think so. Therefore Im going to leave my vote on Graeham.

- - - Updated - - -

Largehorns interactions summed up:

Largehorn - Voted Dupti when the choices were between Celtic/Danner - Fos on Arlee - Argued with Arlee, Talks with Reti - Theorized that Crackle's role wasn't in the mafia directly (probably knew this) - Disagreed with dendrek over the satsu vote (probably knew that satsu was a innocent townie and not fishing) - was wondering why Strikered wasn't pressured over "revealing his role" - feels virothe is town - names, dupti, xan and monkz as suspicious - then votes uggor? (gut feeling)

From this Im going to take away that either dendrek/strikered were scum buddies with largehorn they were using innocent satsu as a pawn to get townie points (because discussion was divisive and strong on both sides of that debate) OR dendrek/strikered are definitely innocent and largehorn was looking for a discussion to get involved in to not be lurky scum.
    Where they fall, I'm not sure at this point but its definitely not in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    I'm leaning town.

I like what he's said today in particular. It feels like "wise old townie" Virothe. Especially:

But despite that, the paranoid cynic in me says that Virothe said that because he knows they do! Only that little voice in the back of my head is keeping me from being completely confident he's town.

Arlee ignoring people. Arlee = scum confirmed.
    I kept this quote because I found it very interesting. Im willing to bet that scum don't have any fake claims (or if they do, only one for the godfather).

@Celtic209. You say Dendrek/Strikered. Do you mean someone else instead of Strikered?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    The below post is probably the tipping point for why I won't be voting for Val.

If he was scum looking to rack up some townie points then fair enough but I don't think so. Therefore Im going to leave my vote on Graeham.

- - - Updated - - -

Largehorns interactions summed up:

Largehorn - Voted Dupti when the choices were between Celtic/Danner - Fos on Arlee - Argued with Arlee, Talks with Reti - Theorized that Crackle's role wasn't in the mafia directly (probably knew this) - Disagreed with dendrek over the satsu vote (probably knew that satsu was a innocent townie and not fishing) - was wondering why Strikered wasn't pressured over "revealing his role" - feels virothe is town - names, dupti, xan and monkz as suspicious - then votes uggor? (gut feeling)

From this Im going to take away that either dendrek/strikered were scum buddies with largehorn they were using innocent satsu as a pawn to get townie points (because discussion was divisive and strong on both sides of that debate) OR dendrek/strikered are definitely innocent and largehorn was looking for a discussion to get involved in to not be lurky scum.
    Where they fall, I'm not sure at this point but its definitely not in the middle

I find that pretty weak as a reason to believe he's town, to be honest. Reasons why a townie would suggest it: we don't waste a lynch on a mason.

Reason as scum: to appear town (as always), to divert an investigation to a mason that they plan on killing anyway, resulting in a completely wasted investigation that could have hit actual scum and potentially giving them more time to find the cop before he claims (less valid investigations=less reason to claim).

I wouldn't consider it a tell for his (or anybody else's)alignment at all.

As to the other part....I'm pretty sure Strikered can't be scum at this point, what with having died and flipped town tracker. The Dendrek part of what you said may still apply, but not so much Strikered.

Anyway, I have another long day at work today. I leave in 40 minutes or so and I won't be back before day ends. I think Val is at 6/9

unvote vote: Valyrian

As I said, I thought all of Val/Uggor/Graeham were good choices, and as such, am fine with changing my vote here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    @Celtic209. You say Dendrek/Strikered. Do you mean someone else instead of Strikered?
    Awww....I've been beaten to it by seconds! Seconds I say!

7+ Year Old Account
    @Celtic209 um, Strikered died and revealed town tracker, so I'm not sure what's up with your Dendrek/Strikered talk.

Can anyone share if they are voting on Val for a reason other than policy or gut feel?

I still believe that Strikered had something on Dupti, so in going to switch.

Unvote
    Vote: Dupti

- - - Updated - - -

D'oh! Ninja'd again.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

What's the policy part of voting Val today? Is it just because he hasn't posted much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    See this is why I need the dead/alive list open when Im doing this shite. I just treat everyone as alive >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    What's the policy part of voting Val today? Is it just because he hasn't posted much?
    Thats pretty much what Im seeing

I'm not switching my vote over to Val. A 'policy lynch' at this point in the game is immensely flawed and I have no reason to find him suspicious or worthy of being lynched over Dupti.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I said policy because Val has the least amount of posts amongst everyone still alive.

I don't have a town or scum read on Val, so I'm genuinely curious for reasons that he should be lynched.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

@Dendrek That's assuming an awful lot of power roles. This doesn't strike me as that kind of game--but of course I could be wrong.

Like Graeham and Senna, I'm a little curious as to why Valyrian is getting the lynch today--I haven't seen anything from him that feels particularly scummy, and arguably there are just as many players who haven't 'contributed' much (to use Kryllian's turn of phrase).

The vote I'm happiest with and I think has the most support of evidence is on Dupti--I can't ignore Strikered's focus on him.

Vote Dupti

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

To call it a policy lynch would be to imply he is not playing (or that he's only fluffing). He is playing, so no it's not a policy lynch. See, what he's not doing is playing in a way that makes it look like he actually cares if town wins. He's proven that he's paying attention. He's also demonstrated that he just doesn't care (for the most part) what happens.

His only significant contributions were to vote Satsu D3 (based on the already defunct logic that Satsu would present his theory as scum), to hammer Largehorn, and to try to push Dupti today based on Strikered's actions (while arguing against the "policy lynch" trains on him and Graeham -- well, he specifies Graeham). His other posts have been mostly meaningless theories, or objections to other people's meaningless theories.

When you say "He hasn't given me a scum vibe" what you're saying is "He hasn't made any kind of contribution worth getting a read on," which is itself worthy of a scum vibe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    When you say "He hasn't given me a scum vibe" what you're saying is "He hasn't made any kind of contribution worth getting a read on," which is itself worthy of a scum vibe.
    By this logic, people either give off scum vibes or they give off useless vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    @Dendrek That's assuming an awful lot of power roles. This doesn't strike me as that kind of game--but of course I could be wrong.
    Was this a reply to something I've said, or was this a reply to Celtic's comments about me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    By this logic, people either give off scum vibes or they give off useless vibes.
    If it's a player who's generally useless giving off a useless vibe, then yes it's a useless vibe. Kel and Lora come to mind. Val doesn't strike me as someone who is intentionally useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I might be misreading what you just said. But if my new interpretation of what you said is true, then what you said is nonsense.

Deleted
    Was this a reply to something I've said, or was this a reply to Celtic's comments about me?

- - - Updated - - -

If it's a player who's generally useless giving off a useless vibe, then yes it's a useless vibe. Kel and Lora come to mind. Val doesn't strike me as someone who is intentionally useless.
    Fair point!

Eh, ok I now see what you're saying. I meant "He's not giving me a scum or town vibe." I think you know that. So you're being pedantic.

Deleted
    Eh, ok I now see what you're saying. I meant "He's not giving me a scum or town vibe." I think you know that. So you're being pedantic.
    Eh I was working on a Graeham analysis post but got bored. So now I'm just responding to everyone!

Surely Dupti is the best 'policy lynch' based on the situation involving Strikered...? We literally saw people scramble to try and lynch Danner over Dupti which ended up outing Danner as a TPR. It's possible that he's lying, of course, but now when there's another attempt to pressure Dupti there's people suddenly scrambling to divert attention elsewhere with very flimsy reasoning.

We need information. Dupti is a solid lead. Val isn't the most active player but unlike Kel and Satsu he hasn't vanished completely and he's actually participating in the ongoing discussions.

I'm going to be gone for a few hours. But I just want to emphasize: Graeham and Val are very likely scum. Dupti might be. Uggor might be. Just my two cents. I'm not against pressuring Dupti, but I'm fairly confident if we lynch Graeham or Val today, we'll have secured tomorrow's lynch as well.

I'm going to be gone for a few hours. But I just want to emphasize: Graeham and Val are very likely scum. Dupti might be. Uggor might be. Just my two cents. I'm not against pressuring Dupti, but I'm fairly confident if we lynch Graeham or Val today, we'll have secured tomorrow's lynch as well.
    Heh. Convenient.

Already setting up your next plot to avoid lynching Dupti, eh? I bet even if Val or I flip town and the other is left alive you'll twist the argument to be 'well the other could be scum anyway'.

You're pushing a 'policy lynch' for stupid reasons and now backpedaling by suddenly claiming that you find us both scummy. I expect better of you, Dendrek. If you're town there's really no reason for you to avoid pursuing Strikered's lead. If that turns out to be a false lead then by all means lynch me. I'll willingly embrace it. That's how confident I am that Dupti is scum.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2016-04-17 at 06:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe the purpose of the Val train was to...I don't know...pressure him into more actively participating and trying to get a read on him. Isn't that why we run multiples instead of just jumping on one person who has some suspicion on them. Multiple trains get info from multiple people.

From what I've read since the train on Val started he really hasn't done much to defend himself. It's been a lot of deflection by him and few others to try and get people to jump to other trains. I'll admit I've been reading from my phone most of the weekend since I've been away from home most of the time and haven't gone back to do any analysis but based on how he (and others) have reacted to me it feels like this is a good vote.