Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darque56 View Post
    Actually, someone on youtube has the DH quest line up and it involves putting together the Wardens....Also, the warlocks have something to do with "the archives"

Darque
    Send me the link. Now.

ps i'm just kidding, take your time, don't worry about me.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    Send me the link. Now.

ps i'm just kidding, take your time, don't worry about me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h771hs3U9vI
    Haven't watched it yet....also the warlock one is on wowhead

Darque

Quote Originally Posted by darque56 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h771hs3U9vI
    Haven't watched it yet....also the warlock one is on wowhead

Darque
    Thanks, kind sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, it seems as I am a dumb cluck and can't find the Warlock questline. Would you please send the link to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    From what I read in the US alpha forum, the first follower that the priests recruit is Zabra Hex and then it's someone connected to the Church of the Forgotten Shadow.
    Omfg really? Zabra Hexx is the first priest champion? 'tis a glorious day. He's been absent in Warcraft for ages now and as a lover of Troll priests/Witchdoctors I couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    Thanks, kind sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, it seems as I am a dumb cluck and can't find the Warlock questline. Would you please send the link to me?
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=252354/w...id-testing-4-1

no offense but it's right on the main page a few posts down....kinda hard to miss...shammy and dk is up also....

Darque

Quick update, the Warlock questline involves us rescuing the remaining Council members from a Legion world, while the Demon Hunter ones is about getting the Sargerei Keystone.

Things already confirmed:
    Demon Hunters looking for Keystone
    Warlocks saving the Black Harvest
    Death Knights making new Horsemen
    Shamans reuniting Elemental Lords

Speculation:
    Warriors, based on datamining, head up to Ulduar and then something happens with Hodir.
    Mages will be unraveling a plot to destroy Dalaran according to a Blizzard post that also mentions the Horsemen quest.
    Priests will be somehow fighting the void hopefully.
    Hunters do something involving Hakkar the Houndmaster according to a datamined scenario.
    Paladins probably just go traditionally fighting the demons with the light.
    Rogues probably go after the Shadow Council.
    No idea for Monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    Mages will be unraveling a plot to destroy Dalaran according to a Blizzard post that also mentions the Horsemen quest.
    Makes sense actually... Mages snatched the Guardian Forge from the hands of a Dreadlord, pretty sure he is pissed off and will want Dalaran burned...
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    Makes sense actually... Mages snatched the Guardian Forge from the hands of a Dreadlord, pretty sure he is pissed off and will want Dalaran burned...
    Oh, yeah, they did do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Omfg really? Zabra Hexx is the first priest champion? 'tis a glorious day. He's been absent in Warcraft for ages now and as a lover of Troll priests/Witchdoctors I couldn't be happier.
    Zabra'Hex is a joke character, and his story is cringeworthy. He was only added as a "cool addition" to the Morgraine story, but if you'll look further his story is incredibly far fetched because - how the Hell Zabra Hex ended in Scarlet Monastery to Begin with and how come he could read human language?
    But no matter he is like the black sidekick for the white superheroes that is meant to be funny. His personality is as much not-like-troll-at-all it's unreal.

I'd rather if troll priests where the priests of the Loa, becuase that is where thier faith and their holy magic is coming from. I'd rather if There was Bwonsamedi priest or priestess major lore hero, rather than Zabra'Kek. Trolls following THE LIGH is something truly repulsive and against what defines them.

However judging from the Legion files he is not a holy but Shadow Priest, so here is a chance he is retconned somehow to be a bit different character.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2016-04-19 at 11:39 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I get they're pushing the whole Naaru are the light incarnate thing, but they're relevant to 1 race in WoW. of the 12 races that can be priest I can't see why the other 11 need to connect to the Naaru they all have their own religious ambition.
    They are actually directly or indirectly relevant to every race who worships the light on the Eastern Kingdoms. Humans (and by extension Forsaken (The few that still might worship light) and Gilneans) got their light worship through visions sent by the Naaru. Dwarves and Gnomes through humans. Sin'dorei with the Sunwell being reignited by Muru.

It's the Kalimdor races (except Draenei) who have no real link to Naaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Zabra'Hex is a joke character, and his story is cringeworthy. He was only added as a "cool addition" to the Morgraine story, but if you'll look further his story is incredibly far fetched because - how the Hell Zabra Hex ended in Scarlet Monastery to Begin with and how come he could read human language?
    But no matter he is like the black sidekick for the white superheroes that is meant to be funny. His personality is as much not-like-troll-at-all it's unreal.

I'd rather if troll priests where the priests of the Loa, becuase that is where thier faith and their holy magic is coming from. I'd rather if There was Bwonsamedi priest or priestess major lore hero, rather than Zabra'Kek. Trolls following THE LIGH is something truly repulsive and against what defines them.

However judging from the Legion files he is not a holy but Shadow Priest, so here is a chance he is retconned somehow to be a bit different character.
    I like him because he proves that anyone, regardless of race or past, can take up the holy light. A troll can, a Tauren can, a furbolg, kobold or tuskarr can too probably. Zabra shows the light is not picky in choosing who can wield it's magic. Back when I was really into RP, my main since vanilla a troll priest wielded the light - not the holy magic bestowed upon him by faith in the Loa. My lore explanation was that he interest in it from hearing tales from the Forsaken who still showed faith despite their condition.

See, back in Vanilla lore of the Light wasn't as established as it is today. It was kinda seen as a religion only the Alliance had access to. So when Zabra Hexx rolled around and he learned the light from the Scarlets it was cool to read about.

See, back in Vanilla lore of the Light wasn't as established as it is today. It was kinda seen as a religion only the Alliance had access to. So when Zabra Hexx rolled around and he learned the light from the Scarlets it was cool to read about.
    Well, he's listed as a Shadow Priest right now, so who knows what the hell is up with that?

Based on datamined Rogue Hall missions, it looks like the Rogue campaign focuses on searching for Matthias Shaw, who was captured by the Legion and replaced with Detheroc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They are actually directly or indirectly relevant to every race who worships the light on the Eastern Kingdoms. Humans (and by extension Forsaken (The few that still might worship light) and Gilneans) got their light worship through visions sent by the Naaru. Dwarves and Gnomes through humans. Sin'dorei with the Sunwell being reignited by Muru.

It's the Kalimdor races (except Draenei) who have no real link to Naaru.
    Sin'dorei good their light worship from the Humans, then lost it and then got it back through the Naaru and the reigniting of the Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Sin'dorei good their light worship from the Humans, then lost it and then got it back through the Naaru and the reigniting of the Sunwell.
    They never really lost it, the bloodknights were disillusioned, but the blood elves still had a fully functioning priesthood and we don't exactly know the source of their light, it is heavily implied to be the sun, they always had priests and it is mentioned several times that they stopped worshipping the moon, turning to the sun instead.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-04-19 at 05:16 PM.

I like him because he proves that anyone, regardless of race or past, can take up the holy light. A troll can, a Tauren can, a furbolg, kobold or tuskarr can too probably. Zabra shows the light is not picky in choosing who can wield it's magic. Back when I was really into RP, my main since vanilla a troll priest wielded the light - not the holy magic bestowed upon him by faith in the Loa. My lore explanation was that he interest in it from hearing tales from the Forsaken who still showed faith despite their condition.

I personally think that THE LIGHT is incredibly lame, and I'd rather if Trolls would rather stick to their much more complex and much more exotic belief system. And I'd rather if devs would explore unknown but exotic fields rather than throwing another NPC that prasies THE LIGHT. We had enough of that sheet in WoD and I was already sick and tired of Yrel and all the draenei blabbling about then and then Liadrin.

And giving that overexplored and (imo) boring faith to the most exotic and elusive of the races that Troll is fits like fist to nose.

I know that I'll have much more interest in Zabra Hex if he would be Bwonsamedi follower, or other Loa from Gurubashi Pantheon, and draw powers from them. Because all trolls bring power from the faith to the Loa, this is why Zabra is so weird in that manga- he just reads stuff, believes in it immediately while it's something that is absolutely alien to him. Traditions and religion is deeply enrooted in Trolls in the end.

I'm gonna bless developers if they'll recreate Zabra, and making out of him Shadow Priest is a very good signal to me.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They never really lost it, the bloodknights were disillusioned, but the blood elves still had a fully functioning priesthood and we don't exactly know the source of their light, it is heavily implied to be the sun, they always had priests and it is mentioned several times that they stopped worshipping the moon, turning to the sun instead.
    Yeah, but as far as I know, the Light worshipping of the Blood Elfs was those of the humans. They were members of the Church of Holy Light. The worshipping of the sun was more a symbolic thing. I think it's more like, you know, this americans worship their stupid american flag or their bald eagle.

It would be interesting to make the Church of holy Light an actual organisation with a deeper role than corrupted priests again. It was mentioned in the Corebooks that the church would be open to Horde members, but they never showed interest in the holy Light, I would like to see the Blood Elfs return to the church again and demanding a own High Priest inside these church, like they had before the third war, like they reclaimed their seat in the Council of Six of the Kirin Tor.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Yeah, but as far as I know, the Light worshipping of the Blood Elfs was those of the humans. They were members of the Church of Holy Light. The worshipping of the sun was more a symbolic thing. I think it's more like, you know, this americans worship their stupid american flag or their bald eagle.

It would be interesting to make the Church of holy Light an actual organisation with a deeper role than corrupted priests again. It was mentioned in the Corebooks that the church would be open to Horde members, but they never showed interest in the holy Light, I would like to see the Blood Elfs return to the church again and demanding a own High Priest inside these church, like they had before the third war, like they reclaimed their seat in the Council of Six of the Kirin Tor.
    But that is the thing the only material that mentioned the elves learning the ways of the light from the humans was from the non canon rpgs, but they had access to the light prior through their moon worship and we know worshipping the sun grants you acces to the light as well, like the tauren paladins and priests. So it is more likely they just changed from moon to sun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    But that is the thing the only material that mentioned the elves learning the ways of the light from the humans was from the non canon rpgs, but they had access to the light prior through their moon worship and we know worshipping the sun grants you acces to the light as well, like the tauren paladins and priests. So it is more likely they just changed from moon to sun.
    It's likely the High Elves doesn't had access to the Light anymore until the Humans came with their Church of holy Light. The Night Elves who became the High Elves were the Highborne, Mages, with probably their entourage, I don't think they had Priestesses of the Moon with them.