Poll: World Quest, Do you like this IDEA?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If it gives me something to do, I'm all in.

Deleted
    I am pessimistic. But i have to, after Warlords of Draenor. Blizzard has to prove they are able to add engaging endgame outside of raids. They werent able to do so in WoD at all, and even tried to sell patch 6.2 as "something better than 6.0". In special in blizzards case words are cheap, and they have to deliver.

7+ Year Old Account
    TheFreeman approves of this feature. HL3 confirmed.

I love the idea of World Quests. One of Legion's top new features, imo.

I definitely like it. It's basically MoP's reps tied into a loosely Tanaan concept, so you're still grinding reputations but you're doing so with choices(there is also PvP and group options on the map) that keep it feeling fresh WHILE being rewarded in the immediate sense rather than exclusively at the end of your grind. Alleviate the feel of the grind. Offer variety. Reward in the immediate while working towards an end goal. Seems like a very intelligent design at the moment.

They are cool for a little while but when the boxes dont drop ring of royal grandeur it gets pretty boring ..........oh wait .

If I understand it correctly...yeah you may have 3 days to do a quest, but if you do it on day 1 you get another one the next day. So, effectively, if you're not doing them every day you're falling behind. So they become dailies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    If I understand it correctly...yeah you may have 3 days to do a quest, but if you do it on day 1 you get another one the next day. So, effectively, if you're not doing them every day you're falling behind. So they become dailies anyway.
    Is that how its working on alpha? Because Blizzard said that you can have 3 emissary quests active at once and each day 1 new one shows up, so as long as you're doing one every 3 days you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Is that how its working on alpha? Because Blizzard said that you can have 3 emissary quests active at once and each day 1 new one shows up, so as long as you're doing one every 3 days you should be ok.
    It's there to allow some wiggle room and to also allow you to catch up. Where as current, if you miss dailies, you're just out for that day.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I'm not sure. I guess I still don't understand exactly how it works. If a new one is available every day, it seems to me if you're not doing them every day you're losing out. Initially I really liked the idea of having a few days to complete quests, but it seems pointless if they're replaced the next day if you do it immediately. There's really no difference in having a few days to do a quest compared to new quests being available every day.

I don't really see how this is a catch-up mechanic. There's no chance to catch-up when new quests are available each day.

Edit - I guess here's my confusion. It says you can accumulate up to like 3 emissary quests? That's 1 per day? I was envisioning it as 3 at once, and then say you do 1, or 2, or all 3 the first day. Then they all get replaced. So someone who waits to do them loses out. But if it's 1 on day 1, then another the next day, then another...then the catch-up mechanic makes sense. I assume that's how it works.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2016-04-17 at 08:24 PM.

A new one is available every day, but the NPCs stick around for 3 days before the quest expires.
    If you do the oldest available one every day, then you will never miss one.

So instead of farming mobs in a specific location, we will farm them in several zones. Big difference, right.

I'm not sure. I guess I still don't understand exactly how it works. If a new one is available every day, it seems to me if you're not doing them every day you're losing out. Initially I really liked the idea of having a few days to complete quests, but it seems pointless if they're replaced the next day if you do it immediately. There's really no difference in having a few days to do a quest compared to new quests being available every day.

I don't really see how this is a catch-up mechanic. There's no chance to catch-up when new quests are available each day.

Edit - I guess here's my confusion. It says you can accumulate up to like 3 emissary quests? That's 1 per day? I was envisioning it as 3 at once, and then say you do 1, or 2, or all 3 the first day. Then they all get replaced. So someone who waits to do them loses out. But if it's 1 on day 1, then another the next day, then another...then the catch-up mechanic makes sense. I assume that's how it works.
    You get room for three quests but each quest has you complete like 3-4 objectives if I read correctly in order to complete them. You get one quest available to you each day?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    So instead of farming mobs in a specific location, we will farm them in several zones. Big difference, right.
    ...That's a huge and welcomed difference. Not to mention the variety in the objectives themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    From the mouth of blizzard the rewards can be top level gear of current content. Maybe its a 1/100 or 1/1000 chance but at least currently the plan seems to be that the chance of gear like that is included in the system.

Again I like the system it is the rewards attached to it I take issue with.
    It's not your job to tell others how they can get raid loot. It's up to you to get raid loot how you want to. Get a raid piece from a world quest? Well then vendor it. Because you're above it. End of story?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    It's not your job to tell others how they can get raid loot. It's up to you to get raid loot how you want to. Get a raid piece from a world quest? Well then vendor it. Because you're above it. End of story?
    They still get achievements, often a special mount, and more reliably/consistently gear up. Problem is, raiders want that "snowflake" status that comes with having gear only tailored to them. I think Blizzard though is getting to a point where they don't want to put all of their nicest art assets behind a door very few really get past. I think this is fine. Raiding should be about the challenge anyway and maybe some unique loot, it shouldn't be the blackhole in which all loot is consumed into.

Anything to keep me out in the world doing stuff is great IMO. I got so bored in my 20 by 20 garrison apartment. Even if it is nothing but apexis like dailies. I personally didn't have a problem with them, my problem is there was only 1 you could do a day. So after 10 minutes you were out of stuff to do, unless I wanted to endlessly grind mobs for rep. This looks like I'll have plenty to do which I can not complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    They still get achievements, often a special mount, and more reliably/consistently gear up. Problem is, raiders want that "snowflake" status that comes with having gear only tailored to them. I think Blizzard though is getting to a point where they don't want to put all of their nicest art assets behind a door very few really get past. I think this is fine. Raiding should be about the challenge anyway and maybe some unique loot, it shouldn't be the blackhole in which all loot is consumed into.
    Can you blame them though. I think I was well into 6.2 before I saw an individual with full Tier on. Shoot other than looking it up in atlasloot I couldn't even tell you what most of it was supposed to look like to tell if a player had it. So many players would be pretty dang happy with just blue gear if the stuff looked pretty good, but in WoD unless you were in Tier ( and even that was shared I think?) you got generic plate/leather/mail/cloth set #3 for 90% of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You get room for three quests but each quest has you complete like 3-4 objectives if I read correctly in order to complete them. You get one quest available to you each day?
    The way I look at it is: if you can immediately replace a quest you do on the next day, there's no catch-up mechanic and they remain effective dailies unless you want to miss out and 'fall behind'. I don't think there's enough info at this point to get a grasp on how the system works.

I'm running on the assumption this system will be put in place to allow flexibility and not create that mentality of, 'Have to log in every day and do x daily quests'. My point is simply that mentality will still exist if when you complete a quest on any given day it gets replaced the next day.

Its a pretty easy system to understand.

Monday - Emissary 1 spawns

Tuesday - Emissary 2 spawns

Wednesday - Emissary 3 spawns

So if you don't have time for it on Monday but will on Tuesday, you pick up #1 Monday and do it on Tuesday as well as picking up #2 and doing it on Tuesday.

or

You can grab 1, 2, and 3 and then do them all on Wednesday if you choose.

or

You can do them all each day or mix and match however you want. As long as you do #1 before Thursday you haven't missed out on anything.

The way I look at it is: if you can immediately replace a quest you do on the next day, there's no catch-up mechanic and they remain effective dailies unless you want to miss out and 'fall behind'. I don't think there's enough info at this point to get a grasp on how the system works.

I'm running on the assumption this system will be put in place to allow flexibility and not create that mentality of, 'Have to log in every day and do x daily quests'. My point is simply that mentality will still exist if when you complete a quest on any given day it gets replaced the next day.
    It isn't meant to get rid of that mentality. It's meant to allow for some slack rather than feeling a need to be on each and every day. So if I'm busy Monday or just don't want to play, I can hop on either Tuesday and or Wednesday and simply knock the last couple of days or so out in one go. Currently, if you weren't on for Monday or Tuesday but come on Wednesday... well, you're out those two days - period.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-04-17 at 10:30 PM.