Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Again, you're just being pathetic, hand-waving all I said away and declaring yourself the victor in the argument.

None of what I posted is fabricated. Setting up a server in a different country is factually different than setting up servers that are over a decade obsolete. Vanilla demand only became greater than the previous years after Nostalrius was closed. Blizzard, over and over, throughout the years, has basically repeated the same answer about vanilla servers. Nostalrius wasn't the first illegal server Blizzard has brought down.

And if you claim any of what I said is "fabricated", provide examples that show I'm fabricating things, or go home.
    You apparently don't know how the burden of proof works considering you make the claims. It isn't my job to refute a fake claim. Not only that, how does one provide an example of something fabricated? Anyone who has been with WoW since 2004 knows that the want for these servers ha only gotten larger. The fact that you are in denial about that doesn't mean I have to go through 12 years of forum posts for you to look at. Of course the need is going to get larger after the Nost server (which still contradicts your opinions because you claim no, while also pointing out things that contradict yourself). Is the problem you don't know what a contradiction is? Do you want me to google that for you? Would you like me to google what fabricate is? I can help you if you only ask.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    But I have followers in my Garrison! They talk to me all the time
    So a bunch of people in one set location for a server closing is a "community".

You people are missing brain cells. But whatever, the people who play on private servers spent their school years in the special ed.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-17 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

You people are missing brain cells. But whatever, the people who play on private servers spent their school years in the special ed.
    Quote the "Wombinator"

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    They might be talking about Blizzard's attempt at making it an esport. It is currently being mocked for that because the game itself is just way too random for the more skilled player to win. Honestly Blizzard's attempts at breaking into esports does make it hard to believe that any game they make will become a big esport.
    It is possible but I doubt it considering they had no problem trying to lump D3 in with the others. Not really that important though.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

Hey, it's better than a bunch of people in a bunch of garrisons, no? There is no reason to become hostile and throw out your little tiny insult, just because people enjoy something you do not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Who else... the pope?

But keep defending those pirates, ill just keep laughing everytime one gets shut down.
    Lizard squad already claimed 100% responsibility for the DDosing, check their Twitter. They even specified that the servers were going to go down right before they did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    This is thing we're all missing in WoW. A community.
    I care about the circle of friends I am (still) playing the game with. I couldn't care less if there are 1.000 or 9.000 other players around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Why do I need to use logic? It's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that if you are playing a game in vanilla state that you have serious mental issues/autism anyway. Not worth anyone's time especially my own.

You can have your community of people that live in the past pretending that everything is okay when it's not. Similar to some retarded cult. Rest of the world moves on and looks down on you folks and it's glorious.

Good. Stay there and stay the hell away from those of us that actually understand what moving on in the passing of time actually means.

I mean, stating facts is a pretty adult thing to do is it not? Sorry that it rustled your feathers dude. Move on it's over.

Sheesh, same as the previous response not even worth responding to.

My point in simpliest form just so even the autists can understand:

By enabling yourself and others to indulge to play a lesser version of a game simply because of nostalgia factor you are essentially showcasing to the world that you are immature, and unable to move on because of social memories. It shows that you value said social memories far more than you place value in building new bridges and moving forward and it's pretty pitiful.

There's literally no argument you people can say other than social community yadda yadda nonsense for why you play that crap version of this game. You wanna know something funny? I played Vanilla, I raided AQ40 where having to farm Nature resistance was the norm. I was at the Gates. I know, I get it. But you don't get me or my point. And that is why it's funny to me. Carry on.
    You're obviously very troubled with something. Perhaps step back from the keyboard for a minute and take count to 10?

If it's self-esteem issues, you can surely find a therapist in your area. I'm not sure why else you'd be very insistent on demeaning other posters.

Or go watch some of your anime. I bet that'll calm you right down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I care about the circle of friends I am (still) playing the game with. I couldn't care less if there are 1.000 or 9.000 other players around.
    Meeting new people can be great. It broadens your horizons.

Depending on who you meet anyway. You quickly find out who to avoid. You'd probably hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    That's exactly why Vanilla in my honest opinion exceeds what current retail offers. The MMO community feel is non-existent - just a group of singleplayers enjoying a lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    doesnt answer why sodabopin is a former dev?
    you havent read this thread otherwise you would know that this kern dude is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Burts View Post
    1) 1 is completely unnecesarry
    for you, but you are not blizzard
    2) So?
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    In other words you want them to rewrite vanilla cause the source code in that form doesnt exist anymore. okaaaaaaaaaaaay.....
    But that's what programmers do right? They rewrite stuff, and write stuff.
    Yes cause you can go and rewrite the wo from today to be like 12 years ago.....
    Just reuse the old graphics and remodel the oldzones + use the old scripts. You can plant vanilla content on current WoW, not bring back vanilla WoW and make it work with todays hardware.
    thanks for showing you DONT know how it looks inside the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcoffin View Post
    That's exactly why Vanilla in my honest opinion exceeds what current retail offers. The MMO community feel is non-existent - just a group of singleplayers enjoying a lobby game.
    The lobby game has nothing to do with vanilla. LFG didnt come till the end of wrath. That was the beginning of the end of server communites. The guild i joined near the end of BC and stayed in till ICC came out was formed by people who had been in other guilds and decided to form their own. Every player we got to join us wasnt recruited on some website. We recruited from trade chat, on raid nights when we only had 17 people or so in our guild we would spend hours before the raid looking for players who wanted to run Grulls or Mags. Those people who experienced those raids with us and struggled with us came back week after week, day after day and eventually joined our guild. By the end of BC we had a full 25 man group of raiders ready to head into the next expansion.

That type of organic guild building doesnt happen anymore. I cant go do a dungeon run with randoms and recruit to my guild like i could in the past because the lfg tool brings players from other servers. LFR is even worse for the community. It makes people lazy. The best part of raiding imo is learning the fights and overcoming the challenges. LFR puts me to sleep. Its the absolute worst thing this game has done to hurt its community imo. I can go afk in LFR and get loot. If i went afk in a real raid id get kicked from the guild.

Blizzard as stubborn about this as they are and the huge backlash they would recieve needs to go back to the Pre ICC way of doing things. And if they need to shut down a few servers thats fine. No more half measures. This game needs its server communities back. Even if they take LFG and LFR out and people leave, those that stay will build the commuities on their servers to what they once were and i think players will return to a better game.

BLIZZ FIX THIS ISSUE NOW!

or subs will continue to fall in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Hearthstone is dying? D3 is unpopular outside of seasonal play...got some sources on this? I'd LOVE to see the Hearthstone one because that game looks all sorts of healthy and thriving.
    At its peak during beta and shortly after launch, it was the only thing anyone talked about. I have hundreds of people on bnet friends from casual to hardcore and what was once everyone playing Hearthstone is now 0 people, ever. It's been 6 weeks since a single person on my friends list played Hearthstone. Longer since D3 (about 1-2 weeks during the launch). You see the same about discussions about it, videos about it on YouTube, streams. All the activity has died down. Everyone has played it, and it's just a repetitive grind that's basically all about RNG. Both of them are.

You can see the data in D3 itself. Check the leaderboards. The first few weeks, there are tens of thousands of people climbing the GR ladder and my friends list is nearly 100% people in D3. After that you see a few hundred people continuing with nobody playing it anymore. I started a week late and ended a week late and starting a brand new character after getting to GR60 on my Barb I managed to get top 30 world on my Crusader before quitting. Nobody was playing it anymore. If I kept playing I'd only be competing with the people who grinded 4s because there's a massive PL advantage. I played through the horrible design of making a game completely boring repetitive grind and ran into the next terrible design wall.

If you don't think these games are dead, you're delusional. At the peak Blizzard's numbers showed that Hearthstone wasn't making a quarter what WoW was making. The store sales alone in WoW were competitive with Hearthstone. And neither of them were remotely close to LoL sales, and LoL sales weren't even remotely close to WoW sub revenue. D3 and Hearthstone are dead. Blizzard has a game that makes far more money than any one of these F2P "hey buy stuff in the store pls" games and they refuse to invest in it. Blizzard has some unbelievably stupid people in charge of business decisions. Their financials are on a perpetual decline and I'm getting ready to short their stock several months after Legion's launch when it's clear Legion will be a flop just like WoD and the Overwatch hype is over. Blizzard has nothing else in its hand. These are their last cards for another 2-3 years, and it's going to be a nice long decline that'll make me some easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    That type of organic guild building doesnt happen anymore. I cant go do a dungeon run with randoms and recruit to my guild like i could in the past because the lfg tool brings players from other servers.
    I disagree with that. Because flex and cross-realms are a thing guilds that couldn't do mythic-20 are now able to recruit enough to go and you can find more people to try out and get to join you with heroic and normal flexible. My guild was struggling to field 20 and cross-realm let us keep going. Instead of just using trade chat and your server forums you have MORE chances to recruit people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    At its peak during beta and shortly after launch, it was the only thing anyone talked about. I have hundreds of people on bnet friends from casual to hardcore and what was once everyone playing Hearthstone is now 0 people, ever. It's been 6 weeks since a single person on my friends list played Hearthstone. Longer since D3 (about 1-2 weeks during the launch). You see the same about discussions about it, videos about it on YouTube, streams. All the activity has died down. Everyone has played it, and it's just a repetitive grind that's basically all about RNG. Both of them are.

You can see the data in D3 itself. Check the leaderboards. The first few weeks, there are tens of thousands of people climbing the GR ladder and my friends list is nearly 100% people in D3. After that you see a few hundred people continuing with nobody playing it anymore. I started a week late and ended a week late and starting a brand new character after getting to GR60 on my Barb I managed to get top 30 world on my Crusader before quitting. Nobody was playing it anymore. If I kept playing I'd only be competing with the people who grinded 4s because there's a massive PL advantage. I played through the horrible design of making a game completely boring repetitive grind and ran into the next terrible design wall.

If you don't think these games are dead, you're delusional. At the peak Blizzard's numbers showed that Hearthstone wasn't making a quarter what WoW was making. The store sales alone in WoW were competitive with Hearthstone. And neither of them were remotely close to LoL sales, and LoL sales weren't even remotely close to WoW sub revenue. D3 and Hearthstone are dead. Blizzard has a game that makes far more money than any one of these F2P "hey buy stuff in the store pls" games and they refuse to invest in it. Blizzard has some unbelievably stupid people in charge of business decisions. Their financials are on a perpetual decline and I'm getting ready to short their stock several months after Legion's launch when it's clear Legion will be a flop just like WoD and the Overwatch hype is over. Blizzard has nothing else in its hand. These are their last cards for another 2-3 years, and it's going to be a nice long decline that'll make me some easy money.
    Okay....just because your friends aren't playing Hearthstone does not mean the game is dying. And D3 having seasonal play has been great for the game. They made PLENTY of sales of the game when it released, at this point there is no cash shop to buy cosmetics or anything and yet they still give the game some content.

D3 gets a rush of people at the start of a season and some stick with it for more than a couple weeks. It is nice that the game gets content, I know I'm happy to play the season next week.

Calling me delusional because of your personal experiences if you want but D3 and Hearthstone aren't "dead".

And we are at 146k signs, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I disagree with that. Because flex and cross-realms are a thing guilds that couldn't do mythic-20 are now able to recruit enough to go and you can find more people to try out and get to join you with heroic and normal flexible. My guild was struggling to field 20 and cross-realm let us keep going. Instead of just using trade chat and your server forums you have MORE chances to recruit people.
    I didnt say get rid of flex. I want cross-realms gone, if you read my post you would have seen that i said to close a bunch of servers (server merge) so that cross realms are no longer needed. All the servers would have good populations moving forward to start rebuilding the community. The reason you need cross-realm right now is theres too many servers, aka WoW had 12 million players so we needed a ton of servers and now its got half that many so why keep all the deadish ones. Combine all those low pop servers to create a few high pop ones, let people keep their names, just get them back into the same servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I didnt say get rid of flex. I want cross-realms gone, if you read my post you would have seen that i said to close a bunch of servers (server merge) so that cross realms are no longer needed. All the servers would have good populations moving forward to start rebuilding the community. The reason you need cross-realm right now is theres too many servers, aka WoW had 12 million players so we needed a ton of servers and now its got half that many so why keep all the deadish ones. Combine all those low pop servers to create a few high pop ones, let people keep their names, just get them back into the same servers.
    Yeah I don't know about that. When Legion hits and people come back (who knows how many) that amount of server will be useful. And with cross-realm being very strong you don't have to waste time barking in trade chat for people while the other spam goes on. I get the desire for 'community' but really that community has changed a bit. Stuffing a ton of people into a server and having queue times to log in isn't exactly fun. Some people LIKE being on small/nearly dead realms, so taking that option away from those people sucks too.

Can't wait for the plot twist when Capcom, Bandai, and Sergio Leone's ghost slap Blizz with a C&D for Overwatch. Blizzard's defense will be that their version of Birdie wears Pyro's mask and it's okay if you steal twice for one dude. The Bible says so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm....the petition almost getting 150k signature in almost 2 weeks.....in perspective for those who actually played in vanilla onward and would like to see those legacy servers....

-Vanilla era topped nearly at 8 millions before TBC......so 150.000/8.000.000*100 makes you around 1.875% of such old player base.

-Game overall topped ever to 12 million while still having the same old vanilla BEFORE Cata. revamp....so 150.000/12.000.000*100 makes you around 1.25% of such player base.

-The game at its worst is rounded up to 5 million? and making a WILD guess you are pro legacy still while playing the new......so 150.000/5.000.000*100 makes you around 3% of such player base.

-That is nearly equal all the likes on the jontron video admitting to playing a pirated game while making money whining about it being shutdown....check

On a BEST case scenario the current petition is equal to 3% of possible/current player base......WORST case scenario you are/were 1.25% of the player base.

Oh and that's giving all the faithful passionate argumentative folks the benefit of the doubt the numbers are in no way skewed, totally true and backed up by so called youtube/community stars, and not jumping on the bandwagon of an obvious PR move from people facing legal disputes with the original game creators for piracy to showcase them as the big bad wolf .....

Yeah you are going places folks.....In a grand scheme of things you would be called a statistical error or fringe group.
    Last edited by ShadeknightX; 2016-04-18 at 01:16 AM.
    The first, last and only warning to get from me...Mock me once I will Backstab you...Mock me twice I will Mutilate thee....Mock me thrice I will go ******* killing spree on you......Have Fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Vocal minority for what exactly? Is this just random things people spew when in disagreement? I find it more odd that it was just thrown out in an argument there is no majority or minority that matters. There is only numbers of people wanting that matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I think the other side finally cracked. This guy just made several posts with fabricated info I can't even find on a Google search. This must be saying something. Desperate for what exactly? What do you gain from making up things like this?
    i dont get what your saying here...