Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Right. That's why she was leading from the front in Silverpine.
    And she learned with it, to the point she lost one of her val'kyr. And honestly, if she refused to fight for Undercity, Orgrimmar and Theramore, she would be called a traitor. The three major battles for faction consolidation.

That's why she is retreating this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    That's why she is retreating this time.
    See, this is what bugs me, why is everyone automatically assuming that she's the one calling the shots, she's the one who orders the retreat, and she's somehow dishonorable or coward for doing so (When the alliance forces withdraw too)

VOL'JIN IS THE WARCHIEF OF THE HORDE

And he's there.

Its stupid, and illogical as fuck to assume she's in command, when in NONE of the other battles where the horde has deployed in bulk she's EVER taken command over the Warchief.

Battle for UC? Thrall was calling the shots, not her.

Battle of Theramoore? Garrosh was calling the shots, not her.

Siege of Orgrimmar? Vol'jin was calling the shots, not her.

So why then, in the name of zeus's butthole, would anyone automatically assume that in yet another battle where the warchief is present, suddenly SHE is the one giving the orders, and calling the shots.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    See, this is what bugs me, why is everyone automatically assuming that she's the one calling the shots, she's the one who orders the retreat, and she's somehow dishonorable or coward for doing so (When the alliance forces withdraw too)

VOL'JIN IS THE WARCHIEF OF THE HORDE

And he's there.

Its stupid, and illogical as fuck to assume she's in command, when in NONE of the other battles where the horde has deployed in bulk she's EVER taken command over the Warchief.

Battle for UC? Thrall was calling the shots, not her.

Battle of Theramoore? Garrosh was calling the shots, not her.

Siege of Orgrimmar? Vol'jin was calling the shots, not her.

So why then, in the name of zeus's butthole, would anyone automatically assume that in yet another battle where the warchief is present, suddenly SHE is the one giving the orders, and calling the shots.
    We still don't know that. She could be the field commander of the first wave (considering that Undercity is closer to the Broken Isles) and Vol'jin going during the second wave. Vol'jin is the commander-in-chief but that doesn't mean he has to be forcefully the leading general.

Vol'jin is the commander-in-chief but that doesn't mean he has to be forcefully the leading general.
    Yes it does. That's how it works.

The warchief is in charge.

That's why he's the warCHIEF.

not Warsecondincommand.

Yes it does. That's how it works.

The warchief is in charge.

That's why he's the warCHIEF.

not Warsecondincommand.
    Right, and where was thrall at the wrathgate? Or vol'jin as we battled through the dark portal? Warchief means in charge, not always at the front lines. We saw Sylvanas in the cinematic on the horde airship. It's clear the first wave of attackers come from the eastern kingdoms and that if vol'jin is involved it's likely in the second wave with the player.

Also, we don't know of vol'jin dies, it's said he goes missing since his body isn't found. Which, knowing his history probably means him washing up on the shores of zandalar or something.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizari View Post
    I didn't even notice the Three Hammers weren't there until you brought it up, goddamn. Half the Alliance isn't represented XD;
    they'll most likely show up in the cinematic, or a later implementation of the event. it is still very unfinished
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    We still don't know that. She could be the field commander of the first wave (considering that Undercity is closer to the Broken Isles) and Vol'jin going during the second wave. Vol'jin is the commander-in-chief but that doesn't mean he has to be forcefully the leading general.
    I don't know why you popped this idea into my head when you said that, but maybe you are right, maybe Vol'jin doesn't show up and they assume that his whole fleet was wiped out or something meanwhile he has ended up elsewhere on something more pressing or that can be of help, leaving Sylvanas to take the reins.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Right, and where was thrall at the wrathgate? Or vol'jin as we battled through the dark portal? Warchief means in charge, not always at the front lines.
    Exactly. When the warchief is NOT on the frontlines, there's another field commander.

But every single time. EVERY SINGLE TIME, that the warchief IS on the frontlines, the Warchief is in command. Nobody else is.

When the warchief was there in the battle for UC was there another one calling the shots? no.

When the warchief was there in the battle of theramoore was there another one calling the shots? no.

When the warchief was there at the battle of hyjal during warcraft 3, was there anyone else calling the shots? no.

Wherever the warchief is present, its them who are in command. Nobody else.

We saw Sylvanas in the cinematic on the horde airship. It's clear the first wave of attackers come from the eastern kingdoms and that if vol'jin is involved it's likely in the second wave with the player.
    That's pure speculation on your end. Even if that was the case, and Sylvanas was first on the scene, and the warchief arrived later, the moment the warchief is present, all command of all forces falls on the Warchief. That's how chain of command goes.

If a colonel is in charge of a battle, but all of the sudden a General shows up, the general is the one who's gonna call the shots.

The warchief may not always be on the front lines, much like the high king isn't always on the frontlines either, but every single time they are, all authority automatically falls on them. That's why they're the highest military authorities on their respective factions.

Also, we don't know of vol'jin dies, it's said he goes missing since his body isn't found.
    We don't know HOW he dies, but we know WHERE he does. On the broken shore. This was datamined a really really REALLY long time ago.

Which, knowing his history probably means him washing up on the shores of zandalar or something.
    1: Zandalar sunk years ago (weren't you paying attention in cataclysm and MoP?)

2: That's pure speculation on your end.
    Last edited by Derah; 2016-04-18 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    Leaving aside Varian (yes i play horde dont care about some human who mess up with our things leaving Garrosh to escape) i wonder what will gona hapen with all these Meta demons we have only one left for raid and Gul`dan

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Leaving aside Varian (yes i play horde dont care about some human who mess up with our things leaving Garrosh to escape) i wonder what will gona hapen with all these Meta demons we have only one left for raid and Gul`dan
    Almost all of these legion generals have been raid bosses at one point or another, its gonna be funny to see them become trash mobs on whichever raid ends up being the final one (I'm putting my money on the Tomb of Sargeras).

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Well she's weeping. No touching reunion. The demons took his soul or something?
    Forgive the pun, but you're right. There's definitely something fishy going on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

I saw Brutallus was there and as eager to fight as always.

I also know Tirion gets torched by felfire and falls into some pool.

Wait a second. Wasn't Tirion supposed to be raised as a DK? How the hell are they gonna rez him if he's turned into ash? How the hell would they fish him out of the demon lava spunk ... or what the hell it is?

Plus I kinda agree with the weeaboo, blaming Sylvanas here for pulling back is stupid. Seriously I wouldn't expect the most selfless Horde character to die for the Alliance, but Sylvanas? Seriously? Plus I was not aware I signed up in the Horde army to sacrifice my character for the King of the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Wait a second. Wasn't Tirion supposed to be raised as a DK? How the hell are they gonna rez him if he's turned into ash? How the hell would they fish him out of the demon lava spunk ... or what the hell it is?

Plus I kinda agree with the weeaboo, blaming Sylvanas here for pulling back is stupid. Seriously I wouldn't expect the most selfless Horde character to die for the Alliance, but Sylvanas? Seriously? Plus I was not aware I signed up in the Horde army to sacrifice my character for the King of the Alliance.
    The demon lava spunk isn't where or how he dies. He dies in the Paladin artifact quest and he's not even near the lava when it happens.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have to admit though, Tirion-on-fire is totally worth seeing. His "dying" scream caught me off guard.

However, if you stand on the edge of the lava pool once the mini-cinematic starts you can clearly see the eyes and silhouette of the lava demon waiting to pop up which does kill a bit of the surprise.

Exactly. When the warchief is NOT on the frontlines, there's another field commander.

But every single time. EVERY SINGLE TIME, that the warchief IS on the frontlines, the Warchief is in command. Nobody else is.

When the warchief was there in the battle for UC was there another one calling the shots? no.

When the warchief was there in the battle of theramoore was there another one calling the shots? no.

When the warchief was there at the battle of hyjal during warcraft 3, was there anyone else calling the shots? no.

Wherever the warchief is present, its them who are in command. Nobody else.

That's pure speculation on your end. Even if that was the case, and Sylvanas was first on the scene, and the warchief arrived later, the moment the warchief is present, all command of all forces falls on the Warchief. That's how chain of command goes.

If a colonel is in charge of a battle, but all of the sudden a General shows up, the general is the one who's gonna call the shots.

The warchief may not always be on the front lines, much like the high king isn't always on the frontlines either, but every single time they are, all authority automatically falls on them. That's why they're the highest military authorities on their respective factions.

We don't know HOW he dies, but we know WHERE he does. On the broken shore. This was datamined a really really REALLY long time ago.

2: That's pure speculation on your end.
    A) It wasn't datamined that vol'jin is dead, it was datamined that he's missing. HIS BODY ISN'T FOUND, as such we don't know he's dead.
    B) Zandalar was sinking, however we don't know if it all went under or if they managed to stop it sinking.
    C) You're speculating that Vol'jin is in charge, we know Sylvanas is there, and we know she's a natural leader who struggles to take orders. Makes sense she gives a lot of orders.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    It was datamined that he went missing after the Broken Shore, not dead.

But the Zandalari are still around on their fleet.

Zandalar was sinking, not that it is underwater now, but probably some terrait of it is. Devs said that this process is working very slowly, so I guess it can be undone even.

As for Vol'Jin he could be taken or disappear in some odd manner. But I guess we will see once the Horde event will be published. Personally I think it would be too bit d^ck move to kill him off this early. Not after all this build up for him.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Zandalar was sinking, not that it is underwater now, but probably some terrait of it is. Devs said that this process is working very slowly, so I guess it can be undone even.

As for Vol'Jin he could be taken or disappear in some odd manner. But I guess we will see once the Horde event will be published. Personally I think it would be too bit d^ck move to kill him off this early. Not after all this build up for him.
    I would like to point out that there's a convesation where Vol'jin says he's going to look for an old friend (that conversation is before he dissapear), so he's most likely there, also it also looks like that conversation is where he makes Sylvanas move out of Undercity (reason why she say that without her and her main guards there, Undercity will become a big target for the Alliance), so he's alive, but will he stay alive for long? who knows

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    A) It wasn't datamined that vol'jin is dead, it was datamined that he's missing. HIS BODY ISN'T FOUND, as such we don't know he's dead.
    There was datamined information about his funeral on Durotar. Plus, Sylvanas wouldn't be Warchief if he was around. Also, it was datamined that whatever happens to him, happened on the Broken Shore, so he was there.

B) Zandalar was sinking, however we don't know if it all went under or if they managed to stop it sinking.
    Zandalar is gone. Gone gone.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Prophet_Khar%27zul

"We NEED dis land, da cataclysm destroyed our home".

Spoken by one of the head honchos of the zandalar emissaries in pandaria. He would not say that if they managed to find a way to stop the island from sinking.

C) You're speculating that Vol'jin is in charge, we know Sylvanas is there, and we know she's a natural leader who struggles to take orders. Makes sense she gives a lot of orders.
    I'm speculating nothing. Vol'jin was there. That's not an opinion, its a fact. The very audio-files from Sylvanas that you love to reference so much mention him by name. If he's there, then he's in charge.

Every single battle where the warchief is present, the warchief has been in command. Sylvanas may struggle to take orders, but in every single major battle where she's fought side-by-side with the warchief of the horde, she's obeyed orders (Including the battle for UC, and Battle of theramoore)

I dunno why we're arguing about this. If the horde scenario was released first, and I were to tell you that varian was on the broken shore, but it was Gelbin leading the alliance forces, would you think that a logical and rational conclusion? Varian is the High King, he leads the alliance. The only times he doesn't is when he's not there present at the moment. But when he's present in the field, he takes command.

Same deal goes for the Warchief of the horde. Hence why the position is called Warchief. All those examples you gave before where the warchief wasn't in command (Like the draenor expedition) was because they weren't present. But point me to any major battle, where the Warchief is there, and yet he's NOT in charge of the horde forces. Go on, I'll wait.

What's that? Got nothing? Thought so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Personally I think it would be too bit d^ck move to kill him off this early. Not after all this build up for him.
    It would, but haven't you been paying attention? Dick moves are more or less the norm from blizzard when it comes to horde characters. Look at all that buildup they did with Zaela, only to make her evil, and kill her off. Look at all the buildup they did with Shokia, only to kill her off. Buildup for Nazgrim, only to kill him off. While the alliance may complain that their characters get no focus, the horde characters only get focus to be killed off. That's more or less the only use they have for us.

Unless the character happens to be Thrall.