Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Nobody went there, hence why it was removed. It if it had been popular it wouldn't have been touched...
    Yeah, Desolace was removed.

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    If only we had these mages, shamans, and druids who could fix giant craters by moving dirt and rock around with magic...
    I don't think they can repair the crater. Even so, some cobbling of boulders wouldn't exactly be fit to make a park. You'd have a rock outcropping, not a proper city district. Plus, Stormwind is primarily a human city and I doubt many shamans or druids would find making a park to be a worthwhile task, especially since the Burning Legion is invading Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Yeah, Desolace was removed.

Oh wait...
    it was ugly.
    now it has beauty slightly.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Blizz could at least make a nice looking water fall in it's place. How hard would it be to just remove the garbage? WoD would have been a good time to fix up SW. The Iron Horde have been contained in Draenor, so there was no active threat against SW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    You think you want the park restored, but you don't really want the part restored.
    iseewhatyoudidthere

Shame Blizzard has a one track mind and refuses to look back at all costs.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Wahahahaha! No park fixed but Varian gets his final sculpture - his coffin! Should have buried him in a box and fixed the park... maybe fed those poor-ass peasants in Westfall too.
    Hahaha this made me giggle, because it's actually true.

It's a place that no one ever goes to, in a city that no one ever goes to. Who cares other than the 15 people that play on RP servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They already rewrote part of that quest chain.
    They could remove that quest chain and no one would notice. TBH, most people hit 85 before that area anyway
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    it was ugly.
    now it has beauty slightly.
    Desolace was one of the coolest places to be in vanilla, now it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    In the meantime, Orgrimmar gets even more buffed. Yes, even after it was besieged.
    The human capital is now a camp of tents just in front of the entrance of the Stormwind ruins.
    with the new WoD poo piles all over to really drive home the point.

anyway, i hope they update it soon. it was a wonderful part of the city that needs to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Desolace was terrible in vanilla, just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Desolace was terrible in vanilla, just awful.
    Nah, it was great. Middle of fucking nowhere with few people to be found, just as the name implies.

Okay if we are going with the logic that Blizzard is removing things because not many people used it. Abilities I've seen this used on prune threads, I've seen people use this argument on this thread regarding the Stormwind park. Yet, Blizzard is using the argument that that while many people don't like garrison table, there are people who do, so they are keeping it in legion for those people. It's just annoying to see blizzard fine with that, but removing other stuff because it's not utilized by everyone.

And yeah Desolace was terrible, agreed.

Nah, it was great. Middle of fucking nowhere with few people to be found, just as the name implies.
    When I was leveling there a group of level 60s needed a summon for their friend, so I got them to clear out the orc fortress in the north before I'd oblige.

They said they want to do something with it, but they don't really know what and it hasn't been changed yet because its a low priority. They won't want to recreate land where there now is none, so I doubt a new park will show up especially with the big open area that is essentially a park when the Parndaren hang out.

Gilnean themed area would be fine, but I don't think they would do it since they have the tree in Darnassus. They will turn it into something eventually, keep throwing out ideas for them.

There are plenty of things they could do like make a mini-teldrassil or even just clear the wreckage and wall it off. At this point I'm just disappointed they aren't doing anything.

Agreed. I loved desolace before cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I wonder what would be better to put in its place?
    a worgen / Night Elf district?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    If you want to see the park, go play vanilla with the rest of us
    Whereupon you realise that like most of Vanilla, there's nothing interesting in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I don't think it will be fixed, just like they arent going to update the Draenei and Blood Elf starting areas. With the Sunwell restored and the number of Wretched killed, there shouldn't be any left in Silvermoon.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code