Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    While I agree that at this point in the testing cycle, June or July is incredibly optimistic, and we're probably looking at an August or September release, September wasn't "teased." It was stated plainly and clearly in the pre-order announcement that Legion will be out on or before September 21st, 2016. That's not teased- that's a clear date. Barring anything unprecedentedly catastrophic, it will be out before the end of September- Blizzard has not yet missed an "on or before" date, and they've used them for both Warcraft and Starcraft releases.
    They didn't give a clear date. The language used was "expected release on or before Sept 21st 2016".... the qualifiers being "EXPECTED" and "ON or BEFORE" right off tell you there's no promised clear date. The most important phrase used is "expected"....as in "we are hoping, it should be ready by, etc."

If they wanted a clear date they would just put "World of Warcraft Legion releases September 21, 2016".... THEN you'd be correct on the clear day thing.

All that semantic stuff aside... based on what I'm reading from various alpha testers...unless they kick it up a notch and start really having killer productive weeks with killing bugs and adding content.... I really don't want Blizz rushing it to meet some select fans expectations of "well they said it'll be out Sept 21"....I want to play it too...but I'll wait an extra month or two if that mean it is polished (or as polished as a initial release can be).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Well when it isn't out in a month like you are hoping it will you can spin some new nonsense. Hurry though you are running out of time to generically link some other nonsense together while ignoring development trends and common sense.
    No need to get cunty, m'hunty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They aren't even close to being ready. I am curious where you saw a week before launch though, all the stuff I have seen just said early.
    Legion Pre-order. The fine print only guarantees that you'll get it a week before the expansion launch. That means it's not contingent on the pre-event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Movie opens at 24/5...
    OverWatch is released at 24/5...

No where in hell, Legion (release or pre-patch) happens before late July or August..

People tend to forget, that Legion haven't even gotten into Beta yet...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

So tired of these mongoloids who keep spouting off about a beta. You are an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Legion Pre-order. The fine print only guarantees that you'll get it a week before the expansion launch. That means it's not contingent on the pre-event.
    I didn't expect it to go live with the 1st event, since they said they were doing it in two parts. It is still linked to some degree since each event will only last so long. So if DH aren't completely playable yet and have the same lingering bugs they have had for months they aren't going to go live on the event and just assume they will fix issues they haven't been able to fix so far. With DH being such a large feature for Legion they will want as polished of a finished product as possible.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I hope soon.

I wanna play WoW again.

Personally, I think we'll have 45-day beta to stress test the guts out of Legion prior to launch. During this time is when I expect the Pre-Patch to launch to lay the foundation for Legion going forward.

Like I said before, I'm betting that the prepatch will coincide with the Movie release.

So my Prediction is June 14th for the Pre-Patch and July 7th for Legion Release.

Remember the survey about bundling WoW related incentives to the Movie? Combining that with the Pre-launch event would pull some pretty huge numbers. To ignore that synergy would be a tragic business failure.

Since the Prepatch needs:

Demon Hunters (In good shape)
    Class Changes (Pretty far along)
    The Invasion Event (In very good shape)

And given that Blizzard still has almost two whole months until my predicted Pre-patch date, I'd say there isn't anything to worry about there.

Any later than July 7th would fail to take advantage of the Warcraft Movie's marketing. Blizzard would never fuck up something as simple as marketing.

About 8 weeks before the expansion's launch. June is my bet.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think previous pre-events ever where in the alpha/beta; they were tested on the PTR instead. I think the only reason it is in the alpha is that the scenario will stay available after launch.
    The Tanaan intro I can say for certain was in the Beta, remember doing that on beta when characters didn't have new models, cinematics were placeholders and generally everything was unfinished.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Would make sense if the pre-patch happens around the same time of the movie, since it'd be a big leap for potential new players to start the game in WoD and then a few weeks later see the classes completely changed.
    Movies is end may/june -> Nope not gonna happen cause thats the timeframe Overwatch is released.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I might be wrong, but I am sure it will happen before Legion is released.

Yeah, I love release date speculation threads.

And we all love douchebags like you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Like I said before, I'm betting that the prepatch will coincide with the Movie release.
    I am betting against you seeing that Blizzard stated that the movie doesnt relate to the game

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Tanaan intro is not a pre-event. It was not available until launch.
    That's true. I can see the need though, other pre-events have mostly been based on zergable world content without much need for tuning. This one is a fully fledged raid-like scenario with it's own balance system to counter lack of people towards the end / late at night. That + and entire DH starting experience which although it's not reall a pre-event as much as it is pure added content, still needs to be tuned well.

Think at least parts of the WoD pre-event was in Beta even, fairly certain we were running that 5-man UBRS demo version back then, and remember for sure running around in the updated Blasted Lands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am expecting Legion coming out in July.

I want a pre-patch to come out in June, and then around mid July for the Legion expansion release.
    Then July, August, and then September for the 7.1 patch to come out.

Just some ideas on when I want Legion to come out, and we are far along than anything else.

i wish they would at least put it up on the ptr already. i'm sooooo bored.

At first I thought it was ridiculous how people could even think it'd be ready around the movie release. However, after reading a lot of the posts it would make perfect sense.
    Non-WoW players will see the movie, some will very likely get WoW and start playing (unless the movie is shit).
    How would the pre-patch help those people? Well, it'd bring back a lot of people who wants to test out class changes and all other changes, as well as be part of the event for achievements.

That will show the new players that it's a huge living world. If the patch is released weeks after the movie, a lot of the new players will most likely get confused and possibly stop playing because they had just learned how to play their class, and then it gets completely changed after that. That probably wouldn't be fun for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    At first I thought it was ridiculous how people could even think it'd be ready around the movie release. However, after reading a lot of the posts it would make perfect sense.
    Non-WoW players will see the movie, some will very likely get WoW and start playing (unless the movie is shit).
    How would the pre-patch help those people? Well, it'd bring back a lot of people who wants to test out class changes and all other changes, as well as be part of the event for achievements.

That will show the new players that it's a huge living world. If the patch is released weeks after the movie, a lot of the new players will most likely get confused and possibly stop playing because they had just learned how to play their class, and then it gets completely changed after that. That probably wouldn't be fun for them.
    The biggest flaw in your theory: OverWatch is released the exact same day as the movie, 24/5-16...

No way in hell, Blizzard will screw over their own products, by releasing two completly different games on same day or close to each other....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    The biggest flaw in your theory: OverWatch is released the exact same day as the movie, 24/5-16...

No way in hell, Blizzard will screw over their own products, by releasing two completly different games on same day or close to each other....
    But they're not really competing with each other, different genres, different payment methods and one just being a pre-patch with not much actual content.