Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    They never were.
    Are you serious?

Deleted
    I hear that alcohol, drugs, gambling and most concerts are banned. What can you do as a youth in SA to spice things up?

10+ Year Old Account
    What are people's general honest opinions of their regime?

Why is there a denial of women's rights' violations?

And why do people there still feel it is ok to live in a theocracy?

What is the current popular music in Saudi Arabia?

On a lighter note:
    -What are some popular/traditional candies/candy brands that you can only find in Saudi Arabia?
    -What are some classic fairytales you heard growing up?
    -What is school like for the average child?
    -What is Saudi street food like?
    -Who are some popular celebrities from Saudi Arabia?

More serious note:
    -How do Saudi people view people from countries like China, the UK, Brazil, Russia, America, etc? Are there are stereotypes you can share (funny, or not)?
    -We know that LGBT issues need to be on the back burner at the moment, but how do people in Saudi Arabia view gay people? Are younger people more accepting than older people? Is it just not spoken of at all?
    -What's the biggest issue that you feel needs to be fixed?
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

How does the whole nigthlife thing work? Are clubs really well hidden and constantly at risk of being raided? Or is there kind of a blind eye/bribery thing going on? How prevalent is car culture in Saudi Arabia (is it as glorified there is it looks to be from here?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Women have it better than men in terms of education and jobs. We have more women graduating from university than men.
    Women can have a job on the shura council.
    People can vote for women as mayors.

Women can't drive cause we are not ready for the disaster to come.
    That's fun and all, but statistically speaking I'm fairly sure men are the most involved in accidents. I as a woman would have lower insurance than my brothers, for example.

Who gets to whip everyone? Do you ever see that job posted on a job site? What are the qualifications and are foreigners able to get this job?

Deleted
    My impression is that they have neat food, goat orgies, oil everywhere and some good looking cities.

Do Saudis, or even Arabs at large, have stereotypes of the various Europeans that have developed over the centuries? Like Italians, French, Greeks, Spaniards, British. Honestly this question might be better suited for a Syrian, Lebanese, Egyptian or any other Mediterranean Arab, but hey.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2016-04-17 at 06:59 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    umm this is very tricky to explain. I have a girlfriend in dubai and I go there every other weekend for some good sex.

If you get caught in the act of sex"which never happens" then you might get a couple of lashes

Besides, many people have girlfriends in Saudi Arabia and have sex in secrecy. "younger people".
    I really can't take the middle east seriously because of things like this lol ^

Is it true when you make an account on MMO-C and say you are from Saudi Arabia, you are from Saudi Arabia?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are simply way to many examples of bigotry from people in the middle east, not even just the government.

I personally am disgusted by most of the 'ideals' of much of the south in the united states so I'm not singling out a region for being that region. I think that areas in which so much of the population is racist/sexist/conservative to the point of punishing people for doing things that they personally don't agree with are very destructive for the rest of the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Are you serious?
    Just because Arab women don't normally dress up to satisfy your liberated women fetishes doesn't mean that they are "oppressed".

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    To what extent are the peoples of Saudi Arabia actually religious? In a state were religious observances are mandatory, how many of them are just faking it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Just because Arab women don't normally dress up to satisfy your liberated women fetishes doesn't mean that they are "oppressed".
    News flash: If they have no choice, they are oppressed. That's kinda the whole meaning... they can wear it if they like to, if they don't want to but have to, they are oppressed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    News flash: If they have no choice, they are oppressed. That's kinda the whole meaning... they can wear it if they like to, if they don't want to but have to, they are oppressed.
    I think it's pretty obvious that the majority of them choose to wear it. Particularly considering that embellished niqabs are something of a mainstay of the fashion industry in Arab countries.

Deleted
    Unless they have the exact same rights (and are not denied any of them solely based on their gender) they are oppressed.
    Now tell me that they do while keeping a straight face.

I wasn't even implying that women are bad drivers.
    The country is simply not ready for it.
    reasons?
    segregation results, infrastructers is bad, Police wouldn't have the man power to contain this. and our traffic laws are horrendous.
    Ah, that makes sense. I'd imagine the result would be the same everywhere if 1 half of the population had been shut out from a part of society for however long and then suddenly started taking part.

Deleted
    why do you drink camel piss