Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    None. We don't need more playable races, especially Naga.
    Spare me lol, we didn't "need" any more than 4, doesn't mean they're not a lot of fun for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    The blood elves are allready kinda 2nd rate horde members. They basicly only joined the horde because some douchebag humans where being mean to them when they where alliance members.
    This is a pretty poor and inaccurate summary of why the blood elves joined the Horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    None. We don't need more playable races, especially Naga.
    I rather have more playable races than more playable classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Well if female naga have multiple hands I could maybe rethink my stance. Still, I think there's more problems than I think could be justified in making them a playable race. I mean, if they could make them work and people actually wanted to play them then I'm all for people having the option. I just think there are better options.

Yes, The Goldshire redlight district seriously needs races with multiple extra hands. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Agreed, new playable classes can really cause class and spec bloat, but there isn't really such thing as race bloat.

I could see:

Alliance
    Dryads
    Jalgar (Pre-Devolved Furbolg from Chronicle)
    Arrakoa (Possibly Apexis if they are travelling with Alleria and Turalyon)

Horde
    Ogres
    Naga
    Zandalar Trolls

Neutral
    Ethereal (Red v. Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    The blood elves are allready kinda 2nd rate horde members. They basicly only joined the horde because some douchebag humans where being mean to them when they where alliance members.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Eredar

"Aren't the scourge former constructs of the evil scourge?"
    Do you mean the forsaken? They where mind controlled. When they broke free they formed the forsaken. They have never of their own mind worked for the scourge.

"Isnt both Demon hunters and Death knights very cruel?"
    What do you take that from? The Demon and Death in their names? What about War-locks?

I'm not getting most of your logic.

Anyway to answer your question they would have to be a horde only race. I dont think blizzard is going to add more races just because we need more races. We have qutie a few allready. Any new additions would have to be really vastly implemented into the lore. And with them not joining in Legion i dont see how thats possible afterwards.

Also they never really interested me.

We allready have 2 forms of elves being playable afterall.
    I'm not getting your logic Either

Naga are being mind controlled by Azshara, and some of them broke free, same case as Forsaken

And Death knights pretty much went places and fucked over anyone who stood in their way, just see the Death knight starting experience, you go around murdering all kinds of Innocent people and women. And there were plenty of evil Demon hunters Inside the black temple

- - - Updated - - -

And let's just rule out any possiblilty of any 4 legged race Such as Dryad Or Centaur. I don't mean to be a hypocrite here, but how would a person with 4 legs mount up? Having a horse riding a horse looks kinda sexual
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I rather have none of them. We have more than enough races & classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Illidari naga
    Yeah, Illidari Naga are a great example of Naga who are not aligned with Azshara's Naga. In Cataclysm the main faction of Naga basically paints Lady Vashj as a fool who ran off to have her own adventure, so we know the Coilskar are pretty much on their own at this point.

Second, the Sunfury Blood Elves who once fought alongside the Coilskar Naga were accepted back into the Horde by Lorthemar, so it wouldn't be completely strange for the Horde to reaccept some Naga under the same principle (defected from Kael when he started to get involved with Demons).

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It's naga happen
    naganna happen would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post

And let's just rule out any possiblilty of any 4 legged race Such as Dryad Or Centaur. I don't mean to be a hypocrite here, but how would a person with 4 legs mount up? Having a horse riding a horse looks kinda sexual
    Well, if their racial gimmick was just no mounts, I could see it working. Naga can still easily ride every mount but Dryads could just have no mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Well, if their racial gimmick was just no mounts, I could see it working. Naga can still easily ride every mount but Dryads could just have no mounts.
    I agree to that notion. I know it's not the same, but it seems to work alright in HotS with many nonhuman heroes (and TLV)
    It's not like players are gonna be forced to not have mounts or anything, since you chose the race knowingly. The biggest "problem" would be flying, but I am sure that with enough will and thinking, we (and blizzard) could come up with an acceptable workaround
    Last edited by zlygork; 2016-04-18 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Them touch pad typos

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I agree to that notion. I know it's not the same, but it seems to work alright in HotS with many nonhuman heroes (and TLV)
    It's not like players are gonna be forced to not have mounts or anything, since you chose the race knowingly. The biggest "problem" would be flying, but I am sure that with enough will and thinking, we (and blizzard) could come up with an acceptable workaround
    Yeah HOTS makes no mounts seem like a totally viable thing. And in this day and age of Blizzard trying to squash homogenization at every point they can, what's wrong with a race or two that doesn't use conventional mounts or armor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again I don't understand how the Ethereals or even Arakkoa would become playable

The Arakkoa has 0 motivation to join either sides, and they are just made of feathers. How do you even customize them, how do you even see difference between genders?
    And Ethereals, they are just mummies, the customization is a problem there aswell. How do you customize bandages?

- - - Updated - - -

1. Whatever
    2. Yes he did, indirectly infact. If Akama decided to betray Illidan, he would rip his soul out and force him to serve, and all the broken would follow under him.
    3. So you think draining water that could kill thousands prehaps millions of creatures is justified?
    4. There is a camp in Hellfire peninsula where this happens
    5. Terron Gorefiend is still a terrible person
    6. How the hell are Nether dragons evil? They were minding their own business, then the orcs came and enslaved and tortured them.
    7. Whatever

Seriously, stop sucking illidans dick
    1. "whatever"
    2. enslaving a few people to destroy the BURNING LEGION is abit fine isent it?
    3. to kill the burning legion? uhhh yes....? also no there is not millions of creatures in zangarmarsh
    4. ok, well again as i said before, to destroy the burning legion some stuff needs to be sacrificed
    5. so is obama, but hes the president of america
    6. uhh you do know they are the child of deathwing... all as corrupted by the old gods as him
    7. "whatever"

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Spare me lol, we didn't "need" any more than 4, doesn't mean they're not a lot of fun for many people.
    Hell, we didn't technically need more than 2 ... Orcs and Humans. Everything else was just given to give options.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

How I see a Naga joining the Horde working:

During the war against the Burning Legion, the Coilskar Naga of the Illidari lead by Lady S'theno, aid the forces of good in saving Azeroth.

However, the Alliance, specifically the Night Elves, continue to revile the Naga despite their goodwill during Legion.

The Horde on the other hand welcomes their aid. The former Sunfury Blood Elves welcome their old allies, and find a common thread as an exiled people. Lor'themar formally introduces the Coilskar Tribe to the Horde, where they pledge allegiance to the red banner, and a chance to strike back against the Night Elves who refuse to accept them as anything less than an aberration.

Dryads joining the Alliance:

The Night Elves send them an invitation, they accept.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    [B].

Dryads joining the Alliance:

The Night Elves send them an invitation, they accept.
    As nice and simple as that explanation is, new playable races always develop the plot considerably, so there would have to at least be a higher stake\revelation explaining both why they take on a more active role, but also to separate them further from night elves culturally

That said, dryads would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    As nice and simple as that explanation is, new playable races always develop the plot considerably, so there would have to at least be a higher stake\revelation explaining both why they take on a more active role, but also to separate them further from night elves culturally

That said, dryads would be awesome.
    Agreed that it would be tough to make them more interesting than "Night Elves with Deer Legs" given how similar they are to the Night Elves in appearance and culture. But given that they could start at level 1 in Teldrassil would make them a little easier to implement. They definitely fit the Alliance aesthetic.

There are supposedly deep, unknown barrow dens beneath Hyjal that are well populated with Dryads, not to mention the fact that Dryads and Keepers are among the only sentient creatures that populate the Emerald Dream, there is certainly a lot of room for advancement there.

Lunara could be a great place to start introducing Dryads into the Alliance setting.

You don't really need to introduce them into the Alliance. They're already there. What they do need is a reason to go out and get more involved into the general going-on's of the world.

Deleted
    "let's do it like they do it on the discovery channel"

Anyway, I thought of that actually some time ago. They could have a "spirit" of their mount running next to them, giving them their speed. And for flying mounts, they could have a small chariot behind it being attached to the main mount. The dryads would sit in the Chariot.

Also, it's funny to think of the possibility of someone riding a dryad: