Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Unless they have the exact same rights (and are not denied any of them solely based on their gender) they are oppressed.
    Now tell me that they do while keeping a straight face.
    That isn't oppression. Oppression is unjust treatment, often leading to inequality. Saudi Arabian women are not unjustly treated. They have the exact same opportunity to pursue education and employment as their male counterparts.

Saudi Arabian women are institutionally barred from doing exactly one thing that their male counterparts can do - driving.

Why are names like Achmed and Abdulah so popular?

What happens to kids who are not named Achmed or Abdulah are they bullied?

Do Camels get names? if so would Achmed and Abdulah be legal?

Inquiring Minds just gotta know!
    Uncle Dolan maths.

Deleted
    My cousins(two young boys) got raped in their Airport at Rhyaz just last year, 2k people got killed in the last Haj, they've started a war with yemen over economy in 2015.

I've been there 6times in last 5years, its a complete disaster of a civilization in my opinion.

Needless to say, We've been offered gold (as much as our family weights) for our women, 3times! I even got into a fight for it...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Let's ask the true questions everyone is afraid to ask:

Are women still oppressed in Saudi Arabia?
    Is it true that women will get stoned for being rape victims?
    Can you still get like 20 wives?
    Does Saudi Arabia support the hardcore Sharia laws?
    Is Saudi Arabia sponsoring IS?
    Why does Saudi Arabia support terrorism on the West?
    Do Saudis still support slavery in their own country (of foreigners specifically)?
    Why is a dude punished by being whipped puclically for speaking out against the gouvernment?

I'll drag some more questions up later, I'll want these answered first. :P
    These questions illustrate the pointlessness of this thread. We already have well-documented examples answering your questions. If the OP comes in and answers them differently, that wouldn't suddenly nullify the existing evidence.

Saudi Arabia is an oppressive, totalitarian state, regardless of what the OP says. Imagine a North Korean making a similar thread claiming that things aren't that bad and actually everyone gets treated well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    i will answer them in order.

Are women still oppressed in Saudi Arabia?
    in terms of driving, yes. All other aspects, god no.

Is it true that women will get stoned for being rape victims?
    This question is wrong on so many levels.

Can you still get like 20 wives?
    still 4. yet only older generation used to do it. I almost never see a man married to more than 1 woman. Plus, who can really afford it...

Does Saudi Arabia support the hardcore Sharia laws?
    The only one that they support so hard is the way execution is done which is by beheading in public. I think the reason they still do it is because it scares the shit out of other criminals. Even though I disagree with death penalty to begin with. If they support hand chopping then I think have the country would have no hands.

Is Saudi Arabia sponsoring IS?
    We supporting the syrian rebels before IS was born. After IS was born, we personally funded Iraq to take out IS.

Why does Saudi Arabia support terrorism on the West?
    This is not a question. it's a statement and you are asking us to justify it.
    Saudi Arabian government fight terrorism actively inside and outside of Saudi Arabia. check 2004 Riyadh terrorist attacks.

Do Saudis still support slavery in their own country (of foreigners specifically)?
    god no. we have foreign workers with good standings. I guess that's about it.

Why is a dude punished by being whipped puclically for speaking out against the gouvernment?
    which dude. can you provide a link?

Also let's refrain from going political because you know where this will go in this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Ofc, younger ones are so open minded if not atheists or completely liberals.
    Honestly, I would say in 40-50 years. I think it would split into 2 countries, 1 religious and 1 atheist. same as the way the Vatican works in Italy.
    im eye-witness to these answers being wrong.
    maybe in the OP's high end class women do have rights, but majority that form the culture dont even know that women are human too... #iLiveInMiddleEastMyself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeras View Post
    Why are names like Achmed and Abdulah so popular?

What happens to kids who are not named Achmed or Abdulah are they bullied?

Do Camels get names? if so would Achmed and Abdulah be legal?

Inquiring Minds just gotta know!
    Abdallah means "Slave of Allah", which is a very honourable name in Islamic societies as a whole. For example, Ablai Haan, one of Kazakhstan's national heroes, was called Shah Waliullah Abdul Mansur. Ahmed comes from the same Semitic root word as Muhammad, and the two are basically the same in meanining.

I would imagine that children named Ahmed and Abdallah are just as likely to be bullied as children with different names.

Deleted
    How is the nightlife in Saudi Arabia? Do the powers that be let it slide if the partying is done outside of the public eye? How are the nightclubs? A former colleague of mine say they had some very high end brothels there that catered only to real Saudis and certain important businessmen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    How is the nightlife in Saudi Arabia? Do the powers that be let it slide if the partying is done outside of the public eye? How are the nightclubs? A former colleague of mine say they had some very high end brothels there that catered only to real Saudis and certain important businessmen.
    Partying is legal, as long as you got connections/rich/power. brothels are real but are hidden from public.

There's a huge rupture between their levels of society. a minority live in a well quality and modern life but the majority are left for the vultures. there's also a vague definition of work there since there isn't much income nor economy around production. you either get fed by oil/realestate money or are a no-future employee.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also the wahhabi extremist party in their government. all Islamic terrorist groups are Sunnis( in Shiit islam, terrorism is not allowed, only violence in defence is) so there is only 1 sunni party in a government that has a solid income in the whole world,and all muslim terrorists are sunnis, and you tell me that they dont support terrorism? just 6months ago they mass executed the left wing opposing them in religion... 6months man...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post
    Partying is legal, as long as you got connections/rich/power. brothels are real but are hidden from public.

There's a huge rupture between their levels of society. a minority live in a well quality and modern life but the majority are left for the vultures. there's also a vague definition of work there since there isn't much income nor economy around production. you either get fed by oil/realestate money or are a no-future employee.

- - - Updated - - -

There's also the wahhabi extremist party in their government. all Islamic terrorist groups are Sunnis(in Shiit islam, terrorism is not allowed, only violence in defence is) so there is only 1 sunni party in a government that has a solid income in the whole world,and all muslim terrorists are sunnis, and you tell me that they dont support terrorism? just 6months ago they mass executed the left wing opposing them in religion... 6months man...
    Ah, you're Shia. That explains a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    These questions illustrate the pointlessness of this thread. We already have well-documented examples answering your questions. If the OP comes in and answers them differently, that wouldn't suddenly nullify the existing evidence.

Saudi Arabia is an oppressive, totalitarian state, regardless of what the OP says. Imagine a North Korean making a similar thread claiming that things aren't that bad and actually everyone gets treated well.
    "NO! NO! NO! EVERYTHING I SAY IS RIGHT! ANY CONTRARY OPINION IS WRONG!"
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2016-04-18 at 08:51 AM.

Many of the things being said in this thread by those of you who are citizens of SA seem like they would be illegal to say. A few examples would be "I'm atheist," "I have sex in secret," "I don't support some of the things my government does," "I support gay rights," etc (many of these are paraphrased). Are you guys afraid that if you're ever tracked saying these things online the consequences could be severe? Is anything you've said here technically blasphemous (saying you're an atheist almost certainly is) or treasonous?

How taboo or illegal are each of the following and what are the punishments for them (if any):
    1) Supporting the right of non-Arabs/non-Muslims to be atheist.
    2) Supporting the right of Arabs/Muslims to be atheist.
    3) Being atheist as a non-Arab/non-Muslim and admitting to it in private but not speaking about it publicly.
    4) Being atheist as an Arab/Muslim and admitting to it in private but not speaking about it publicly.
    5) Publicly admitting to being atheist as a non-Arab/non-Muslim.
    6) Publicly admitting to being atheist as an Arab/Muslim.
    7) Speaking against Islam in private.
    8) Speaking against Islam in public.

nothing really, anything related to indians is simply a waste of time for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    why do you drink camel piss
    see... this is one of those things i didnt need to know

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Ah, you're Shia. That explains a few things.

"NO! NO! NO! EVERYTHING I SAY IS RIGHT! ANY CONTRARY OPINION IS WRONG!"
    no I dont "believe", and my family are jewish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post
    no I dont "believe", and my family are jewish.
    Very interesting, considering most Jewish people left the Arab portions of the Middle East after the 6 Day War.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post

So basically... you're going to ignore what the natives say and think whatever you want to think about SA. Thanks, mate. That's awesome.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Many of the things being said in this thread by those of you who are citizens of SA seem like they would be illegal to say. A few examples would be "I'm atheist," "I have sex in secret," "I don't support some of the things my government does," "I support gay rights," etc (many of these are paraphrased). Are you guys afraid that if you're ever tracked saying these things online the consequences could be severe? Is anything you've said here technically blasphemous (saying you're an atheist almost certainly is) or treasonous?

How taboo or illegal are each of the following and what are the punishments for them (if any):
    1) Supporting the right of non-Arabs/non-Muslims to be atheist.
    2) Supporting the right of Arabs/Muslims to be atheist.
    3) Being atheist as a non-Arab/non-Muslim and admitting to it in private but not speaking about it publicly.
    4) Being atheist as an Arab/Muslim and admitting to it in private but not speaking about it publicly.
    5) Publicly admitting to being atheist as a non-Arab/non-Muslim.
    6) Publicly admitting to being atheist as an Arab/Muslim.
    7) Speaking against Islam in private.
    8) Speaking against Islam in public.
    Answer this.

Deleted
    Very interesting, considering most Jewish people left the Arab portions of the Middle East after the 6 Day War.
    yeah , im here because I dont live in an Arab portion. Iran is far from arab culture, considering that by the right wing reports (too much exageration) only 55% are muslims. but thats more than enough since atleast half of those are fascists, since 35milion attend mosques.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So basically... you're going to ignore what the natives say and think whatever you want to think about SA. Thanks, mate. That's awesome.
    Wrong. I'm saying there is already sufficient evidence to form a proper conclusion. Atrocities continue to occur under the totalitarian Islamic government of Saudi Arabia, and plenty of other Islamic nations. One citizen posting on a forum doesn't magically counteract that. His own experiences do not magically counteract that without the assertion that all of the documented evidence is a fabrication/conspiracy.

Whats the punishment for just smoking some weed there?

Deleted
    That isn't oppression. Oppression is unjust treatment, often leading to inequality. Saudi Arabian women are not unjustly treated. They have the exact same opportunity to pursue education and employment as their male counterparts.
    Saudi Arabian women are institutionally barred from doing exactly one thing that their male counterparts can do - driving.
    Ok, then answer me the following questions. No dodging, simply yes or no.
    - Do women have the exact same social standing as men, in rich and poor families?
    - Do women have the exact same standing in front of the law and courts?
    - Does a woman's testimony in front of the police/a court weigh just as much as a man's?
    - Is the punishment for the same crimes identical for both genders in every case, and when it comes to every crime (including adultery etc.)?
    - Are woman allowed to vote and be voted for, and are they able to access polling stations without the permission/help of their husband/another man?
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2016-04-18 at 10:49 AM.

Deleted
    Just because Arab women don't normally dress up to satisfy your liberated women fetishes doesn't mean that they are "oppressed".
    The fact that they are not allowed to do so even if they wanted to tend to all of our fetishes means they are being oppressed. It might not really be as bad as actually being oppressed but its far from right in my opinion.

Unjust restrictions count as oppression or at least I think so and I don't see a actual reason behind it.

Can you please explain the reasoning behind it though? I've heard some things but I've never been entirely sure as to why they have to wear those clothes.
    Last edited by mmocc29434e79e; 2016-04-18 at 01:46 PM.