Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Dixon View Post
    Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) he's just a normal human with a spiffy ring.
    You know what, I completely forgot about Green Lantern not having superpowers, just remembered it was all the ring -- technology ftw :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

The Lantern rings are not technology. They are magically derived from celestial forces/agents.

Hal Jordon was even the avatar of the God of Abraham's vengeance for a time and fused with an eternal being.

Also, Odin is an innate cosmic being.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd also throw in Steve Rodgers (present), Recently, Rogers had the Super Soldier Serum sucked from his body, leaving him looking a lot more like he’s been operating since WWII.

He’s still out there kicking ass alongside S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers, proving that his gift for leadership and strategy had nothing to do with any experimental serum.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Off that list I'd put my money on Ozy or Bats. Ozy because he, unlike every other villain or hero, actually accomplished his entire set of goals. He also never fell prey to villainous monologue cliches, so that's a win. Batman should be obvious: He's the goddamn Batman. Ozy caught a bullet, but Batman dodged Omega Beams.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Lantern rings are not technology. They are magically derived from celestial forces/agents.

Hal Jordon was even the avatar of the God of Abraham's vengeance for a time and fused with an eternal being.

Also, Odin is an innate cosmic being.
    Non-Alan Scott rings are totes not magic.

"When the Green Lantern character was reinvented, beginning with the introduction of Hal Jordan, the magical ring concept was replaced with a scientifically based one. The new version of the ring is created by the Guardians of the Universe, who also create the Green Lantern Corps."

Which, come to think of it anyway, I think "unrealistically advanced technology/intellect" should be banned when discussing non-Superpowered individuals. Drop Lex and Stark on an island and see who builds the first radio out of scrap and sweat: maybe cool. Race to launch a sand powered satellite: silly. Like, if someone had just told Syndrome that being super smart was a power we could have avoided that entire movie.
    Last edited by RaoBurning; 2016-04-18 at 08:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

DR Doom is my favorite villain.

Saitama for sure

anyone who says he has super powers has not been paying attention

training =/= super powers

heck, Goku just didn't make it because he is Saiyan (and even then, thats not a super power)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    You know as well as me that Batman would never show up for a fight without being able to counter everything his opponent throws at him. He'll just throw an EMP device in Iron Man's face and be done with it.

I mean, he defeats Superman for christs sake...
    He defeats someone who doesn't fight back, what a boss!
    I mean, if Superman wanted to, he could just throw a rock at him or eyebeam his ass without Batman seeing it coming. The movie fight isn't exactly how it would have gone down if Superman wanted to kill people.
    And people can trick Batman, like Lex Luthor did in the film (just an example).

Would be an interesting fight between Ironman and Batman for sure, but I'm pretty sure Ironman can deal with EMPs.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Saitama for sure

anyone who says he has super powers has not been paying attention

heck, Goku just didn't make it because he is Saiyan (and even then, thats not a super power)
    While technically accurate, I think including him really defeats the spirit of the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman, Ironman, Luthor, Punisher
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    You know as well as me that Batman would never show up for a fight without being able to counter everything his opponent throws at him. He'll just throw an EMP device in Iron Man's face and be done with it.

I mean, he defeats Superman for christs sake...
    when batman fought bane he got his ass kicked he shows up to fights without counters all the time and iron man could just make armor that isent effect by an emp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    You all have your answer. Now cue the song and dance.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's Doom...and then there's nobody else. There is only Doom.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Batman. All dat plot armor.

I'd go with Ironman, simply because it's not just that he has Tech (batman has tech), but HE builds the tech himself. He doesn't have a lap that just produces shit for him like Blade or Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

It's questionable to say that batman is without powers, he has strength similar to Captain America, both are considered peak human beings, on border between humans and super humans. Ironman can beat them both depending on who writes the story without the need to bench press 500kg.

For the record. Doctor Strange ... is his magic a superpower or just a skill ?

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    It's questionable to say that batman is without powers, he has strength similar to Captain America, both are considered peak human beings, on border between humans and super humans. Ironman can beat them both depending on who writes the story without the need to bench press 500kg.

For the record. Doctor Strange ... is his magic a superpower or just a skill ?
    Well I would say magic is a power, but in Marvel universe its a trained skill so you could argue for Doctor Strange.

the motherfucking Comedian.

and Rick Grimes. Dat revolver doe!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Lex Luther
    Batman
    Joker
    Ironman
    Antman
    Hawk
    Though one can argue using technology that doesn't exist is in a way a super power, it's just manufactured.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    the motherfucking Comedian.

and Rick Grimes. Dat revolver doe!
    Ah yeah good one

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    EMPs dont work on Ironman. The suits tanks nuclear blasts.

If you have to chose a hero/villian without powers, but still include tech Ironman is among the best(if not the best).
    All the ones that have better tech than him usually comes with some sort of power(like Thanos).
    You can't include Ironman here. His suit is his power. Anybody with such suit would defeat any human.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Dixon View Post
    Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) he's just a normal human with a spiffy ring.
    Then Hal Jordan is very weak. Much weaker than Batman - the ring is powerful, but Hal Jordan is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Though, read the list and propositions - and Batman indeed seems to be spot 1. His physical capabilities are top notch. He uses variious gadgets, but the gadgets are not powerful on themselves (see throwable metal bats) but he is merely very profficient with their use.

Deleted
    BATMAN.
    No way around it.