View Poll Results: How do you guys feel about Legion so far?

Voters
275. This poll is closed
  • I like it

150 54.55%
  • I don't like it

42 15.27%
  • It's okay

83 30.18%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really want to hear from the people who are playing alpha.. Since there actually playing the game..

From what I saw so far it's worth buying and playing. The only issue I guess most people have is how long the content will last and what other progressions paths/alternatives will be available besides raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I think the communication between Blizzard and its playerbase is at an all-time low.
    That's just not true.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ill preface by saying that i do actually have beta access, but i have not actually levelled any characters to 110.

-The overall theme of this xpac will be very dark. Literally and thematically. Not WoD "savage!", but very bleak and gloomy.
    -Every spec has lost a great deal of survivability up front which they will have to earn back while they level their artifacts.
    -Tank solo survivability has taken a kick in the nads, except for Bears which are hilariously OP in the current build.
    -Artifacts are just a shitty re-implementation of the old talent trees with mostly passive effects and the occasional active ability. At least they are moggable.
    -Most specs have been hugely stripped down. The playstyle of most are feeling distinctly simplistic for a WoW old-timer. Remember how much shit Arcane Mages used to get for their four-button rotations? Yeah, thats basically everybody now. Many specs even have to take a talent to use the throughput cooldowns that they have had since day one.
    -Classes dont even get castable buffs anymore. (Except ret pallies, who get three for some stupid fucking reason.)
    -Talents can help mitigate some of the mindless simplicity of some specs as youre often presented with the choice between a lazy passive talent, and active ability, or an AOE ability/effect.
    -Hope you like fell fire. Its everywhere. But to be fair, we do have two colors now. Green and red.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-04-18 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    10/10 would give it a chance and play it totes

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    -The overall theme of this xpac will be very dark. Literally and thematically. Not WoD "savage!", but very bleak and gloomy.
    Everyone zone has breaks from this - highmountain has you helping farms, levelling hunters, etc for half of it.

-Every spec has lost a great deal of survivability up front which they will have to earn back while they level their artifacts.
    This isn't really true in either respect. Some specs lost survivability, some didn't. Some gain noticeable survivability from artifacts, some don't.

-Tank solo survivability has taken a kick in the nads, except for Bears which are hilariously OP in the current build.
    solo? DH/paladin/DK seem pretty tough in solo environments. Warriors autowin anything that doesn't break hteir absorb.

-Artifacts are just a shitty re-implementation of the old talent trees with mostly passive effects and the occasional active ability. At least they are moggable.
    They also all have a mini cd that arguably is a very important aspect of them.

-Most specs have been hugely stripped down. The playstyle of most are feeling distinctly simplistic for a WoW old-timer. Remember how much shit Arcane Mages used to get for their four-button rotations? Yeah, thats basically everybody now. Many specs even have to take a talent to use the throughput cooldowns that they have had since day one.
    A lot of pruning happened, but arcane mages got shit for their 2 button rotations, which are still rare. I still fill 2-3 action bars on most specs.

-Classes dont even get castable buffs anymore. (Except ret pallies, who get three for some stupid fucking reason.)
    Because paladins are iconic for buffing. Also what gameplay did buffs you're expected to have actually bring?

-Talents can help mitigate some of the mindless simplicity of some specs as youre often presented with the choice between a lazy passive talent, and active ability, or an AOE ability/effect.
    It's almost like you're intended to take talents

-Hope you like fell fire. Its everywhere. But to be fair, we do have two colors now. Green and red.
    I don't remember much felfire in pretty much any zone but aszuna (haven't done broken shore, not including DH starter as that was obvious)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    You've obviously never played a Blizzard game before. They take their time to get it right. Sure, they'd love to get an expansion out each year. At least the don't force out an incomplete mess just to meet an unrealistic time goal. And no, WoD wasn't rushed if you were going to say that.
    LOL, you do know that that argument works against you right? Why would I say Warlords was rushed, if anything it wasn't rushed and was still garbage. So all this talk about Blizzard "taking their time to get it right" is utter garbage. It's just incompetence that they can't get their development time straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    That's just not true.
    Such development, you almost have a full sentence.

By the way, ever since Ghostcrawler is gone, communication has been gradually filtered to the point where the only official communication is on their twitter feed. I'm sorry, but the communication with Devs has never been this horrible. I'm not blaming them, though, considering the small, nightmarish group of people that makes a living out of being a sadistic human beings toward anyone that doesn't reward them instantly or disagree with them.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Such development, you almost have a full sentence.

By the way, ever since Ghostcrawler is gone, communication has been gradually filtered to the point where the only official communication is on their twitter feed. I'm sorry, but the communication with Devs has never been this horrible. I'm not blaming them, though, considering the small, nightmarish group of people that makes a living out of being a sadistic human beings toward anyone that doesn't reward them instantly or disagree with them.
    We've had really decent communication throughout the Alpha. More than we've had in quite a while.

Dunno.

Pros:
    - raids will still be fun

Cons:
    - follower bullshit
    - world quests aka daily quests
    - ability pruning
    - LFR will stay

Don't know yet:
    - 5-man mythic+ dungeons
    - zone scaling
    - pvp system
    - spec revamping
    - professions revamping

Don't care:
    - wardrobe

Let's go with a 4/10 at this stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had really decent communication throughout the Alpha. More than we've had in quite a while.
    We're getting bits of information. I saw one thread by watcher explaining in depth the decision behind order halls. That's the extent of the design decisions we've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd rather they tighten communication so they actually mean what they say. As for Ghostcrawler, I always liked the guy but you can't pretend that there wasn't significant backlash every time he said something from this or that vocal minority.
    As you can read in my post, I did say that the unhealthy, unrespectful minority was responsible for it.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

We're getting bits of information. I saw one thread by watcher explaining in depth the decision behind order halls. That's the extent of the design decisions we've seen.
    They've been doing that with most of the stuff though, which is not something you can say for previous expansions (WoD especially), so "communication is at an all-time low" just isn't true.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've been doing that with most of the stuff though, which is not something you can say for previous expansions (WoD especially), so "communication is at an all-time low" just isn't true.
    Actually, they did do much more before. "A coffee with devs", for instance. The constant twitter communication. Rationale behind decisions explained. Acknowledge problems and lay out a plan on how to fix it.

I've seen a fraction of this in Legion than in WoD, and WoD was a fraction of MoP.
    Google Diversity Memo

Actually, they did do much more before. "A coffee with devs", for instance. The constant twitter communication. Rationale behind decisions explained. Acknowledge problems and lay out a plan on how to fix it.

I've seen a fraction of this in Legion than in WoD, and WoD was a fraction of MoP.
    Maybe check out all the threads where they ask for feedback, come back with responses, etc.

It's far better format for communication than blog posts too, as we can't have 2 way communication on blog posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    So far so good. The biggest difference between Legion and expansions in the past seem to be that Legion is trying really hard to address the needs of the playerbase instead of just adding a feature because Blizzard thinks it would be cool, aka Garrisons.

To break it down:

Players want more meaningful 5-Man Content: So Blizzard added Mythic+ Dungeons. Essentially WoW Dungeon version of D3 Greater Rifting.
    Players want more meaningful world content: World-scaling to 110 and World Quests are essentially the equivalent of Bounties from D3 Adventure Mode. I haven't had a chance to try them myself but if they are anything like D3, then replayability of the entire continent will be immense.
    Transmog System
    Classes homogenization sucks and nobody feels unique: So Blizzard is putting a ton of effort into making every spec feel different not only thematically but how they play as well.
    PvP sucks: So Blizz is adding an entire PvP progression system tied to the Honor Grind with a Prestige System, as well as Standardizing stats for PvP as if you're a MOBA fighter, and putting FFA PvP zones scattered around the world as part of the World Quest system.

I really welcome this need-driven game design and definitely curious to see how the broad player base finds it. The general vibe that I get from Legion is that everything (or at least most things) that they are trying to accomplish is with a very specific goal in mind, goals based on problems that the playerbase has complained the loudest about, and problems that many people associate with WoW being not as great as it used to be.
    This is the same feeling i am getting, nicely written by shoc.
    Legion has a lot of improvements in areas where WoW has been failing for the past ~3 expansions.

Outdoor and 5man content sucked in last 3 expansions, pvp sucked, class homo... sucked.
    I do not know will Legion be the best expansion ever, but so far it seems to have a lot of stuff i wanted.

Only thing i miss is being able to do ALL wow zones/dungeons as challenging content on max level.
    If blizz made all zones/dungeons in WoW scale to player level with equal rewards, we would have shittons of content to play through.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an overwhelming amount of meh-mediocre content (all about quests and the bore-der halls) and we can't revert the new animations, they are cool but I just prefer the old simple ones.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Classes homogenization sucks and nobody feels unique: So Blizzard is putting a ton of effort into making every spec feel different not only thematically but how they play as well.
    I can't speak for other classes, but rogues aren't recieving any significant change. Ton of effort my ass. They re-catch the class fantasy and unique identity behind each spec by

- changing names
    - pruning (aka making certain skills exclusive to certain specs)
    - reusing old talents and skills

This is nothing more than a poor attempt to make specs less homogenized. They fucked the game hard, now they are too incompetent to fix it. And mate, world quests are dailies served differently. Literally same thing, except no need to take the quest or hand in...

I also wonder how many of those 300 world quests will be just copy-paste from zone quests.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-04-18 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkr View Post
    Seems okay. Nothing innovative so far, hoping to see much more to be announced during beta, otherwise it's most likely the first expansion I'm not going to take part in.
    Explain how Legion has nothing innovative please. Zone scaling is new, and has never been seen in WoW before,World quests is new, and has never been seen in WoW before. Mythic+ dungeons is new, and has never been seen in WoW before. All of these features are innovative for wow, despite being seen in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Explain how Legion has nothing innovative please. Zone scaling is new, and has never been seen in WoW before,World quests is new, and has never been seen in WoW before. Mythic+ dungeons is new, and has never been seen in WoW before. All of these features are innovative for wow, despite being seen in other games.
    They are not scaling zones, it is the mobz that are scaled, which is an old tech. World quests are literally dailies sans accepting/handing the quests. Mythic+ is indeed a new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    They are not scaling zones, it is the mobz that are scaled, which is an old tech. World quests are literally dailies sans accepting/handing the quests. Mythic+ is indeed a new system.
    Mobs being scaled to each individuals level might be old tech, but it's most certainly new, at least in WoW.