Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigglepower View Post
    You can't record laziness but in no way is Mcdonalds a career, Lol whatever dude continue to live in your delusional life that people who thrive off your government deserve that money and do absolutely nothing for it.
    In my country people who work with McDonalds are earning their own money. No need to thrive off the government.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Spend it. But ultimately irrelevant if product costs go up.

If people have more money, companies will charge more.

And we will still be at step 1.
    No, the prices would not be able to go up because McDonalds does not hold a monopoly on burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigglepower View Post
    You can't record laziness but in no way is Mcdonalds a career, Lol whatever dude continue to live in your delusional life that people who thrive off your government deserve that money and do absolutely nothing for it.
    Again. You realize you are ranting against people who actually WORK! These people work. Why not incentivize these people with a minimum/living wage. That way the so called free market will decide that by going to say McDonald's. You will choose to keep this them in business or not. People like you are unbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

Spend it. But ultimately irrelevant if product costs go up.

If people have more money, companies will charge more.

And we will still be at step 1.
    Another person who thinks cost will go up 1:1. Which pretty much this thread is about. Everyone knows that would not mean a $15 burger. Add to the fact that would entail that now a person working there is eating a burger every hour to make their pay at zero. Hypothetically.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I think you find we begin to return to more sensible executive pay, the type of returns commensurate with their actual performance, which happened for most of the history of capitalism. It is the crazy renumeration at the top that causes workers to be underpaid.

If you get rid of all the useless sociopaths that drive companies into the ground and get millions of dollars to simply go away, you'll find there is more than enough money for everyone to be paid a decent wage.
    Doesn't seem based in reality.

It sounds nice on paper, but I don't see that happening.

It's a vicious cycle. You replace all high business executives with people who find morally suitable and I predict in time they will become the people they replaced.

Human nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    In my country people who work with McDonalds are earning their own money. No need to thrive off the government.
    If you want a better job you can study. And guess what? They can pay it off their own salary.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you want a better job you can study. And guess what? They can pay it off their own salary.
    You sure showed yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I no longer buy off the rack. I assemble from the components that i choose to use. I should have said assemble.
    Oh, so you snap pieces together and install something that someone else made. That really isn't indicative of intellectual potential. So far, I see a guy saying I could be a doctor if I wanted to but decided to be manual labor at $17/hr. I am going to go out on a limb and say that you would never be a doctor if you wanted to. You settled, you gloat above naive things, etc. It ironically shows your laziness and the lack of intrigue most common with with individuals that delve deeper and deeper into higher education.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    They have to work more than one job because no fast food job will give you 40 hours a week so that they don't have to provide health insurance, this will stay true especially at 15hr
    Again a practice of business not wanting to pay their fare share. You have a shit fit if some person found a way to skirt the system to say get a free lobster. Yet a business not hiring 40 hours to get out of benefits or wage. It is okay.

I could rant about the whole health insurance industry, but I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowAwayForAReason View Post
    Exactly how much would the price of a McDonald's hamburger cost?
    Might go up a few cents. Shouldn't be anything significant that normal folks would care about.

Deleted
    Doesn't seem based in reality.

It sounds nice on paper, but I don't see that happening.

It's a vicious cycle. You replace all high business executives with people who find morally suitable and I predict in time they will become the people they replaced.

Human nature.
    It was the norm in america and most advanced economies until the last few decades.

You seem to believe that paying people a decent wage is some kind of weird experiment. It isn't. The weird experiment is paying idiots at the top more money than could possibly be justified. A living wage is a return to sensible practice.

That's why people in the US have to work more then 1 job to cover the cost of living, right?
    You should remind mister Mangle that it's upper-level education - not K-12 - which is also free in Denmark, and that the average number of paid vacation weeks in Denmark is 5 weeks (along with their 33 hour normal work weeks) as opposed to the US average of 2.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by wregelmann View Post
    Your math is wrong here. That would actually be $363/week. Compared with a $7.25/hr wage with 33 hrs/week at 15%, which would be $203/week. But please, tell me again how that tax rate negates the better wages.
    Full time work in Denmark is capped at 33 hours a week.

In America it is capped at 40 hours a week, which then the wage is $290 a week.

Any Federal Withholding Tax you pay, you generally get back at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Again a practice of business not wanting to pay their fare share. You have a shit fit if some person found a way to skirt the system to say get a free lobster. Yet a business not hiring 40 hours to get out of benefits or wage. It is okay.

I could rant about the whole health insurance industry, but I won't.

Why would I have a shit fit? If I could get a free lobster I would, and as far as businesses not paying their fair share, I am merely pointing out facts of what is going on. You make 0 sense and you think you know my opinions

OMG!! These people are not takers!! Oh wait. Yeah they actually earn a wage and live. Then taxpayers do not have to worry about them. That is odd how that works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    It was the norm in america and most advanced economies until the last few decades.

You seem to believe that paying people a decent wage is some kind of weird experiment. It isn't. The weird experiment is paying idiots at the top more money than could possibly be justified. A living wage is a return to sensible practice.
    Why are they not allowed to make that much money? You do realize how extremely hard the average CEO works, right?

And those idiots at the top are the reason why a large majority of people have jobs. They took the steps to succeed. They should be rewarded.

We should encourage success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    A real job? Are you forgetting that there will always be a need for "burger flippers"? Are you forgetting that there is always going to be a need for non-service gruntwork like janitors, filers, cleaners, and the like? That a society can't survive without the "bottom feeders", as some people in the thread put it?

I find it distasteful how a large portion of our society looks down upon people in those positions. Yes, maybe today I make 6 figures, but 17 years ago, before I got into my career, I worked at McDonalds for minimum wage (the one on Morse by Pratt & Western here in Chicago). It wasn't "burger flipping", which by the way, is a misnomer since no one actually flips a burger, but rather a great opportunity to meet interesting people and learn a wide variety of skills that served me well later in life.

You don't know the person behind the counter. You're assuming they're lazy. You're assuming they didn't want a better-paying position somewhere else. You're assuming they did terrible in school. You think that because they're not doing only what you think is a worthwhile job they don't deserve to make a wage that allows them to live without counting every single last penny, without having to decide between dinner tonight and the heating bill, but you'll gladly keep using them to serve you while pretending you're a much better person than them.
    If this forum had a like button, I'd break my mouse clicking it excessively.

I can't believe how judgemental people are about minimum wage workers. "They're all teens! They're all lazy! They should all get better jobs!" Like seriously?

They are doing a task that society wants them to do, that society is paying them to do. Do these conservatives want a world without McDonalds workers? Without stockboys in big box marts? Without grocery baggers? Why are these people being treated like they don't deserve to have a livable wage for their full-time employment? Why should they be forced to work 2-3 jobs just to stay on top of their bills?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    You sure showed yourself!
    I think that went over my head because I don't understand what you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are they not allowed to make that much money? You do realize how extremely hard the average CEO works, right?

And those idiots at the top are the reason why a large majority of people have jobs. They took the steps to succeed. They should be rewarded.

CEOs and other executives should be at the top of the payroll. I have no issue with that. However, that should not be at the expense of the bottom line. If a CEO is raking in millions of dollars a year for his position, then the people at the bottom can at least get a living wage and decent benefits.
    Putin khuliyo

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think that went over my head because I don't understand what you mean.
    You quoted your own post.

10+ Year Old Account

Those idiots at the top are also the reason why a lot of people don't have work. Just so they could keep their bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    You quoted your own post.
    Ow haha, silly me.