Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've played som GW2 earlier in October and I must say, I liked it very much

After a while the events became too copy-and-paste for me: Kill this many stuff, get that many stuff, hope for the meter to fill with no real measure how much is still left. I liked the exploration part and the storytelling very much and I LOVED character creation. There was so much to see, and the world was beautiful, but after a while it somehow lost that sense of novelty for me.

Also I tried to log in a few months back and somehow it wouldn't let me - not even with that authenticator crap they forced on every player - so that was the end of my GW2 journey over few months.

Also it helped a lot that i was a ranger, because taming pets added a welcome new element to the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Aren't the new dailies better though? All you do is log in and off, right?
    Seriously, do you really consider that "better" in terms of anything in an MMO and in what way? That the rewards come to you because you managed the heroic achievement of logging in? With the old system, you would log in with any character, check what the dailies were and then get around your merry business in whatever zone you wanted, getting rewarded for in effect having fun anyway you wanted in the game. If you felt particularly engaged, you could plan on tackling any of the monthly ones as well.

Last time I played if I remember correctly a) the baseline rewards were for simply logging in and b) the dailies themselves are about doing something with specific professions/zones/items etc. So in effect they removed all the freedom of the system and put the baseline rewards into simply logging in and out. And that for me sucks and killed the game in terms of how I was playing and having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    Seriously, do you really consider that "better" in terms of anything in an MMO and in what way?
    Yes, I consider it better. I would prefer to not have mandatory, compulsory or task specific activity for rewards.

Under the previous daily system, there would be tasks per day that were contra to a given player's desired play experience.

That's the login bonus. Talking about the actual daily quest part of it that rewards the achievement point. At least I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's the login bonus. Talking about the actual daily quest part of it that rewards the achievement point. At least I am.
    Ah. I never really paid attention to it I guess.

Ah. I never really paid attention to it I guess.
    Yeah, the daily reward gives whatever for logging in.
    In addition, there are daily achievements, each giving a small reward, and completing 3 gives you achievement points and another small reward.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Yes, I consider it better. I would prefer to not have mandatory, compulsory or task specific activity for rewards.

Under the previous daily system, there would be tasks per day that were contra to a given player's desired play experience.
    So the solution was that instead of expanding the available dailies to allow anyone to get 5 out any single game-mode (PvE/sPvP/WvW) to rather give the reward just for logging in AND make the dailies even more against everybody's desired play experience?

As Edge said they did not mention anything about it, so in a way it's kind of pointless to discuss about it. I only mentioned it because it is one of the main reasons I dropped a game that I was quite enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    So the solution was that instead of expanding the available dailies to allow anyone to get 5 out any single game-mode (PvE/sPvP/WvW) to rather give the reward just for logging in AND make the dailies even more against everybody's desired play experience?
    I didn't know there was a second set of dailies you had to complete after logging in. I would agree that solution seems kinda awful if that is how it works in total now.

Sadly not as much. Really just can't motivate myself to even do the main story stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Haven't logged on since November and even by then I was not really getting on often, only to talk to friends who mostly have left the game, even after HoT.

Eh, my biggest issue with the dailies currently is there aren't HoT dailies. I pretty much spend all my time in the new maps and I don't want to go to other maps just to get the dailies done... also daily rewards aren't just good enough to really motivate me to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Eh, my biggest issue with the dailies currently is there aren't HoT dailies. I pretty much spend all my time in the new maps and I don't want to go to other maps just to get the dailies done... also daily rewards aren't just good enough to really motivate me to do them.
    Wait...furreals? I mean, shows how much I've played since HoT released but...how the fuck did they screw that one up? I know the rewards have usually been pretty trash since they shifted the bulk of the rewards to the daily login, but like...how?

It's like the more I learn about HoT the worse the expansion sounds -_-

My assumption is the didn't originally add in dailies for HoT because they figured the old dailies would draw people back to the old zones and people wouldn't need incentive to play the new stuff :/ But tomorrow they are doing the Spring Quarterly update and as part of that they are apparently tweaking a bunch of HoT stuff so hopefully adding in HoT dailies will be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    My assumption is the didn't originally add in dailies for HoT because they figured the old dailies would draw people back to the old zones and people wouldn't need incentive to play the new stuff :/ But tomorrow they are doing the Spring Quarterly update and as part of that they are apparently tweaking a bunch of HoT stuff so hopefully adding in HoT dailies will be one of them.
    Yeah, I'm keeping an eye out for tomorrow's release. Hoping it will get me back into GW2, because I've barely touched the game since HoT came out. Not been a fan of like, almost all the design choices they went with. If the zones really do get a bit more solo friendly and a bit less "ZERG OR DIE" then that will likely do should do wonders and hopefully help get me through at least the base story : P

Deleted
    got tired of black desert and logged in a week or so ago, decided to join a new guild and go after nevermore since i've basically wanted that staff the moment it was announced. It's keeping me rather occupied since it's a lot of work for someone who plays rather casually and doesn't really pay attention to money. Right now I have a routine of doing all the pvp and fractal dailies and run SAB for weapon chests to sell, craft time gated ascended mats and trying to do the Dragons Stand meta at least once to get a bulk of exp for my masteries. Sad thing might be that I've only really been getting invested into fractals/HoT meta events, map completion and masteries because they are a requirement for the HoT legendaries. If I had not out of the blue decided to go for nevermore I would still only have the first 2 tiers of all masteries unlocked and never have touched auric basin/tangled depht's meta events, or even bothered for map completion.

It's going to take me at least 65 more days untill I can craft nevermore because spiritwood is timegated and they are holymotherfuck expensive from the tp, but at least that's giving me a reason to log in.

Pretty much every day, my main MMO.... and unless Legion is far more fantastic than I expect, it will remain that way.

And I must be missing something, because I think the current daily quest system is fine.

-Daily log-in rewards, cycling through 28 days worth of rewards.
    -Each day there are 4 PvE dailies, 4 WvW dailies, and 4 PvP dailies. Each grants individual rewards, complete any 3 of those 12 to get the daily completionist reward.
    -Fractals have their own dailies, with their own rewards
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2016-04-19 at 05:22 AM.

depends on how you look at it. with old dailies I was actualy playing and completing them As I was playing through the world at my own pace. new dailies? log in/ log out for actual rewards and zerg the meta out of the way of your actual desired locations is not something that I would consider to be a good design. personally. - this is my biggest problem with new dailies. that instead of say "participating in 5 ongoing events ANYWHERE" you have to participate in 5 on going events in one specific zone, so you end up frantically trying to catch something happening and get at least a hit in so that it counts towards completion. and so on. and so forth. instead of spreading people across the world, it concentrates them in a single location, and when that location is low level zone? lowbies are screwed. while when that location is in high level zone? you still get to deal with the zerg and lowbies are screwed yet again, because they cannot go to that zone yet. so not only I'm not having fun becasue I'm most often not in a zone I want to be in, but half the time I'm not on a character that I actualy want to be playing. which is why I gave up after a week of that.

I guess its ok if you pvp. which I don't. but even then, half the time its going to require you to pvp on a specific class, so there goes that "playing the character you want to play" deal

I tried new meta. gave up on it after about a week. so now i just log in, log out and play other stuff. I may go back eventually and play through the new story (don't have expac yet) but I'm more casual than most players in that I didn't even attempt to grind any legendaries and I'm content with exotic gear as when I do play, I'm usually just meandering around the world doing whatever I feel like as I come across it - and exotic gear is more than enough for that.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2016-04-19 at 05:23 AM.

Ah, that might be why I'm not having a problem.... I don't always bother to do the event daily. I pretty much always do the other three, then do that one if it's a zone I'm interested in or doesn't seem too bothersome.

A lot of times, I'll use the world boss for the event completion... most world bosses have at least one or two pre-events, so just jump in those (which are designed for lots of people) and you can get at least half of the daily done, and depending on the boss you might get the entire thing (plus, world boss)

Been reading previews for today's patch and if they're accurate I can see me diving back into the game in a big way. Seems like they're addressing just about every complaint I had with HoT plus making WvW a bit more attractive.

Will have to jump in, but from what I'm seeing, well done, Anet. You may have turned around the disaster that is HoT.