Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    why should ANYONE working a fulltime job be living in poverty?
    This right here is the crux of the issue. Doesn't matter if they're the "bottom people" or a "zero skill worker". They were hired at a full time job. I want someone to explain why anyone, even the lowest skill workers, deserves to live in poverty -- even to the point of needing welfare in some form.

And before I see someone saying they're not "working hard" -- no. Workers who don't work hard get fired. We're talking about workers performing their job as instructed for 40hrs a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Yeah and did you care to see what happened in Germany when they tried a similar model? It wasn't pretty and literally shit paying jobs started replacing all entry level work until the growth of those jobs far outpaced anything else, requiring government intervention and them setting a reasonable minimum wage to pull people out of poverty.
    Tbh I would really like to avoid needing the government to keep people from starving while working a full time job. Just a personal preference really. lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    You should be Trump's spin doctor. That's the most political answer I've seen here in years.
    Trump isn't political though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Yeah and did you care to see what happened in Germany when they tried a similar model? It wasn't pretty and literally shit paying jobs started replacing all entry level work until the growth of those jobs far outpaced anything else, requiring government intervention and them setting a reasonable minimum wage to pull people out of poverty.
    Come on he's a true American. He can't even point out Germany on a map.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    This seems to be about right, did I miss anything.

1. Yell and scream at poor people for being "takers", tell them to get a job.
    2. Insult people who don't work"real"jobs, tell them to go to school.
    3. Go to school, end up in debt, tell them they are stupid for doing that and should just have got a job.
    4. Still refuse to raise minimum wage or deal with the student loan crisis. After all those people were just stupid and did it wrong.
    5. Start over at step 1.
    That about sums it up.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I love the liberal response to logical arguments: Gibberish because they cant refute the argument. John Steward is an idiot btw.
    You view the argument "Lets raise the minimum wage to $100,000 an hour!" as logical?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Trump isn't political though.
    You just proven my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people don't really realize that $15 an hour minimum wage is going to impact a lot more than just minimum wages and minimum wage employment. If $15 is the new minimum then my salary sure as hell better go up by a factor of the same % increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    You view the argument "Lets raise the minimum wage to $100,000 an hour!" as logical?
    It carries the point: There isn't a fixed rationale behind the $15 minimum wage argument.

I read this before somewhere; why not index the minimum wage to something?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    It carries the point: There isn't a fixed rationale behind the $15 minimum wage argument.
    Yes there is... it is calculated to be a national average living wage, taking inflation into account.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I love the liberal response to logical arguments: Gibberish because they cant refute the argument. John Steward is an idiot btw.
    This is fucking classic. A logical argument of "Why not raise it to $100/hr". You know he is giving his "illogical" argument for the $100/hr argument.

The idiot Jon Stewart and other know that you cannot make a $100 or whatever crazy shit wage.

Edit: Oh shit! She said $100k/hr!! My bad. That sounds more reasonable.

A refutation to conservative gibberish and hyperbole with gibberish and hyperbole makes him an idiot? So far all of your responses to this thread have been gibberish, so I'm not sure how you can claim any kind of logical high ground.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account

I think that in the US 15$ is about the average amount where you can pay all your expenses without having to work 60+ hours a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cost to make that burger isn't going to go up at all. So in theory, it shouldn't cost any more than it already does.

In reality though, it will definitely go up, because the higher ups aren't willing to part with even a penny of what they're currently making in profits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Cost of living index, perhaps. Of course, we'd have to have an official index somewhere, and such a thing doesn't exist currently. Would require an interesting amount of reporting from literally every city in every state.

Actually, it was a purposefully ridiculous response to an equally ridiculous argument which was the entire point.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    A refutation to conservative gibberish and hyperbole with gibberish and hyperbole makes him an idiot? So far all of your responses to this thread have been gibberish, so I'm not sure how you can claim any kind of logical high ground.
    Jaylock doesn't get satire. Which is ironic if you ever look at the threads he creates.

Many places do have the minimum wage indexed to something. Here in BC it is indexed to the consumer price index. But if that become common practice the new argument would become about the forumula used.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    I think most people don't really realize that $15 an hour minimum wage is going to impact a lot more than just minimum wages and minimum wage employment. If $15 is the new minimum then my salary sure as hell better go up by a factor of the same % increase.
    And historically, it has. People also don't realize that they're being underpaid and think they make more than they really do due to their pay's relation to the minimum wage.

I see the argument constantly that "well I only make 14 as an EMT so fuck the minimum wageraise " but ignore that they're also underpaid and making drastically less than what they would make in Canada, England, Germany, Australia, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Actually, it was a purposefully ridiculous response to an equally ridiculous argument which was the entire point.
    Shhhh! Shhhh! Jaylock does not get satire.