10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I know what they said for legion. And legion actually will be released in the future.

You are free to bring up other infos, if you have anything available.
    They haven said anything in detail for Legion. At all. They only have said that they liked how it worked in WoD but not, concretely, that Legion will work precisely the same way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    They haven said anything in detail for Legion. At all. They only have said that they liked how it worked in WoD but not, concretely, that Legion will work precisely the same way.
    Sure they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ouCBO8CKY

Tip: First collect informations available, THEN talk about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ouCBO8CKY

Tip: First collect informations available, THEN talk about it.
    Go watch it again. Ion DOES NOT say 'after the last patch'.

Deleted
    At the cost of pissing off a lot of people. Now, does that 'logic' still make sense to you?
    No matter what they "pissed off" a lot of people. Does the design decision still make sense to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Go watch it again. Ion DOES NOT say 'after the last patch'.
    They were happy with how it went in WoD. So what is your logical consequence?

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter what they "pissed off" a lot of people. Does the design decision still make sense to you?
    No, it doesn't. Never has. I noted above how I'd do it. Try reading.

Also, the 'interviewers' in that video suck, as do most game journalists. The obvious followup to Ion's 'we like this template' was 'Does that mean no flying until after the last patch??" But no, they can't ask that....

- - - Updated - - -

That they COULD do precisely what WoD did or they could do a similar thing but faster. My point is that they have NOT SAID definitively that it will be after the last patch. It's important to not make shit up and then whine about it.

Deleted
    No, it doesn't. Never has. I noted above how I'd do it. Try reading.
    It doesnt for me too. Lower your agression level. It's not that hard.

Also, the 'interviewers' in that video suck, as do most game journalists. The obvious followup to Ion's 'we like this template' was 'Does that mean no flying until after the last patch??" But no, they can't ask that....
    Once again: If Mr. Hazzikostas (we germans only call people by their first name if they are friends or family members) says the developers are happy with their decision, what do you think they will do in legion?

- - - Updated - - -

That they COULD do precisely what WoD did or they could do a similar thing but faster. My point is that they have NOT SAID definitively that it will be after the last patch. It's important to not make shit up and then whine about it.
    You said they didnt make a statement, while they infact did. They said they are happy with how it went in WoD, so the assumption they will repeat it in Legion isnt really nuclear physics. Also spare me with your comments about "making shit up" and "whining".. i am not interested to get down to your level of talk.

It will either be introduced in the first major patch, the last major patch or whichever patch introduces the last piece of world-content to the landmass. Until we know what Blizz intends to release in each patch we can't say for sure when flight will come.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It will either be introduced in the first major patch, the last major patch or whichever patch introduces the last piece of world-content to the landmass. Until we know what Blizz intends to release in each patch we can't say for sure when flight will come.
    While they did wait with flying in WoD until the last patch, 6.2. Their intent is to stretch land traveling up to the last region they add, and in the past blizzard added new regions every second patch. Which would mean we could get the last landmass patch in 7.2. Which would be literally the same as like 6.2 considering the idea blizzard goes back to three patches per expac inlcluding three raid tiers.

The addition of world quests actually could change the habit to add new land, as they just could add new quests to the existing regions and reuse the area assets from start.

Considering the fact they want to save as much design effort as possible, i wont wonder if they save their development costs for additional regions for raids and content for existing regions.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-17 at 11:32 PM.

No, they're not. You're making shit up. What they've said is more vague - that they team likes how it worked in WoD. Now, yes, that could mean what you say... but they haven't actually detailed that at all. That's the problem.
    Given their fucking us around in WoD, I'm going to stand by my guesstimate that they're planning on the same thing in Legion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    The solution is simple. Pathfinder achievement can be completed in 7.0. Flight unlocks in 7.1 for those characters that completed it. New zones are flight free until a future patch or never. Final raid patch introduces a tome or account wide flying for all areas in Legion that allow it. This way everyone has to play the ground game while leveling and in new zones, just like every expansion except Cata. There is no need to make ground travel more enticing or rewarding.
    I would love to return to WotLK flight model. This solution is bearable, but I don't like it. Yesterday, I was flying with my warrior through Northrend, flying from the forest area into Icecrown. There was this view of the sun shining through the spikes of the various citadels there, with sunrays glistering and illuminating the sky. It was a marvellous view, and it was only possible to achieve on a flying mount. I was stunned and just stopped moving just to cherish the moment. I did not have anything like that in Draenor before I got flight. Only then I could start to appreciate the landscape. Before, it was a labyrinthic clusterfuck I just wanted to get through as fast as possible. Never had this feeling before, not even in the Jade Forest in MoP, where my sight was constantly blocked by trees and mountains. In Draenor, I was constantly feeling like the terrain might swallow me any minute. Also, the mob density there is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Given their fucking us around in WoD, I'm going to stand by my guesstimate that they're planning on the same thing in Legion...
    Considering the sheer amount of evidence supporting this, I would say that it is actually an estimate. The "guess" part is rather redundant.

Deleted
    Still no official feedback on how they are handling flying in Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Negative. Pro-fliers don´t seem to be wanted.

Alright guys...we've now got a concrete release date for Legion. And yet STILL no new info on how Blizzard is going to be handling flight. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that Blizzard is going ahead with the stonewall approach to lead people into buying the game without knowing what will happen.

I know some of you are with me on this when I say that it's incredibly disappointing, but not really all that unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Alright guys...we've now got a concrete release date for Legion. And yet STILL no new info on how Blizzard is going to be handling flight. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that Blizzard is going ahead with the stonewall approach to lead people into buying the game without knowing what will happen.
    I've decided to not buy the expansion until it's on sale and flying is released (and if flying is a REASONABLE meta achievement).

Considering the lack of content in WoD, and the long droughts, I figure I can play my usual solo-questing style, and get what I want out of the expansion in about 3-4 months, out of the 12-18 months the expansion will last.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Four months left to launch of Legion = business as usual from Blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

I know some of you are with me on this when I say that it's incredibly disappointing, but not really all that unexpected.
    Grab the popcorn and join the rest of us on the sidelines as we watch this trainwreck in slow motion...again lol.

They will shut up until very last patch of the expansion, you should expect it by now
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I am very happy to know the date Legion is launching - with still no indication of when flight will be. Hopefully it means it'll be delayed to the final patch again. (Would prefer it didnt come at all, but last patch is the lesser of two evils).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Grab the popcorn and join the rest of us on the sidelines as we watch this trainwreck in slow motion...again lol.
    I didn't expect Legion to be released anytime before the end of August. *munching popcorn*
    HEY!!! can you reverse that, want to see the train wreck again..... it just looks aaaaawesoooome. :-D

Seriously, do they think it would be any better to keep quiet about hwo they will handle flight in Legion? Right now? I mean..... that wreckage, just look at what they have done to their once beloved beautiful franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    They will shut up until very last patch of the expansion, you should expect it by now
    Well for me it doesn't really matter anymore. That is about how long i will probably wait before i buy the xpac: the very last patch of the expansion. You'll get it for a discount price, leveling probably won't take as long as it does from release, you'll get TONS of content that should have been in the game since release, plus you'll spend your time on things you really enjoy. Of course, that i would do if Legion isn't all as good. But maybe Blizzard will pull of the expansion of ALL TIMES in history of gaming....... :-D yeah, right.

Can somebody pass me some popcorn?

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I've decided to not buy the expansion until it's on sale and flying is released (and if flying is a REASONABLE meta achievement).

Considering the lack of content in WoD, and the long droughts, I figure I can play my usual solo-questing style, and get what I want out of the expansion in about 3-4 months, out of the 12-18 months the expansion will last.
    There's plenty of other games to play. I'm also perfectly willing to wait until Blizzard stops screwing around. If they keep up like they have been, I might just be done with wow for good.