Poll: August 30 release date is...

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is great, because now we don't get f....... release date threads.

Oh wait..now we get "What do you feel about the release date" threads.
    Honestly most of the people who make these threads spend way too much time obsessing over not only a video game but the company that makes said video game. I remember when gamers used to either play a game or not and left it at that.

If this is what it takes for a quality expansion, then so be it.

Guys...don't forget the 1 week early access...c'mon!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Better than having it release in September.
    What difference does a few weeks make? Seriously? It is a fucking video game not life or death.

Is it normal for a game to get a release date only four months away from its alpha testing phase?

Deleted
    Perfect date.
    Exam Phase at university ends mid august ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    I am excited for Legion, don't get me wrong, but another 4.5 months is too much of WoD for me.

I'll re-sub for the pre-expansion patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    meeh im fine with it, would love to get it earlier but you cant get everything i guess

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Well at least they didn't have a whole event just to announce it. WoD look that to a whole new level.
    Yes because it is so totally strange for a company to see the marketing value in announcing release dates. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Giving it a set date makes me nervous because it means they might cut corners in aspects to meet it if there are issues with the beta, I would have preferred a "when it's ready" approach
    4 months is plenty of time for them to polish shit up. Blizzard is a massive company. As a matter of fact, August 30th is too long. Should be June 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Yes because it is so totally strange for a company to see the marketing value in announcing release dates. Oh wait...
    Are you suggesting that Blizzard fucked up by not hosting a live stream event to announce the Legion release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Better than having it release in September.
    This. For some reason I was really against a september 21st release, anytime in august is early enough. Wonder when we will get the pre patch though.

It's perfect! Gives me plenty of time to play the hell out of Overwatch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Since I was expecting a mid-September release, this is wonderful news for me. Here's hoping the Alpha/Beta testers really get off their duffs and do some hard testing now that we've got a defined release date.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

These forums will be overflowing with salt for the next few hours...

Personally, if we get pre-patch in mid to late June, I'm ok with it.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Wooooo only get to play for like 7 days before school starts again
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    I am excited for Legion, don't get me wrong, but another 4.5 months is too much of WoD for me.

I'll re-sub for the pre-expansion patch.
    Another 4 months means that 4 months more of making even more WoW gold! Ill be in the 4 million range by the time pre-patch hits!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtsinchaos View Post
    I was honestly expecting a September release, so this is pretty sweet news. Hoping it doesn't get pushed back...
    When has Blizzard ever set a release date for an expansion or game and changed it? I don't get how people think this is in any way a rational fear or possibility.

People are saying its better then a September release date, but really, its not better by much. 2 more days and its still in September, just not on the 21st. I also agree with others, it feels like its not enough. I mean, we got Very little content at all this entire expansion, yet its time from final raid to new expansion is the same as MoP > Legion. I mean, MoPs final patch had a lot of replayability. Legion, not so much. At the same time, I don't want legion to be rushed. It also feels like its lacking features. I mean, what new features are we getting? Artifacts? Garrisons 2.0? 1 new class? Then we get a new transmog system and PvP system. Granted, the PvP system Probably has to be put in at the start like this, the transmog system could have been added in a patch.

I just hope its not too empty. They need something big to repair the damage WoD did.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I love the "HFC for another 4 months"... arguments. As if most of the active playerbase does HFC :P

It releases one day before my birthday, and one week before I go to NY on holiday. So. I guess it's fine.
    I love how people use the "[end raid] for another X months" argument when they could, you know, just cancel their sub until the expansion.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu