Poll: August 30 release date is...

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Giving it a set date makes me nervous because it means they might cut corners in aspects to meet it if there are issues with the beta, I would have preferred a "when it's ready" approach
    Blizzard isn't the first company to set a release date for a product still in development. This isn't their first rodeo and know exactly how much work there is left to do and how much time they need to do it. As much as people prattle on about PR the whole "when it's ready" garbage was text book PR language and laughable to see anyone quoting that line believing that it was a different Blizzard who said it than what we have now.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2016-04-18 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    Hype died months ago for me.

Though the release date would've been fine if at least WoD had more content patches.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    When has Blizzard ever set a release date for an expansion or game and changed it? I don't get how people think this is in any way a rational fear or possibility.
    In WoD they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by VisualGloss View Post
    It's perfect! Gives me plenty of time to play the hell out of Overwatch!
    You waited a year and a half to say that, Mr Suspiciously Enthusiastic About Blizzard Games?

I'd rather have a late August release, than a half finished product in July.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VisualGloss View Post
    It's perfect! Gives me plenty of time to play the hell out of Overwatch!
    Exactly what I'm thinkin'!

dont care. There is other games. If its good, when its out, Ill be happy. If its not, then there is other games.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I love how people use the "[end raid] for another X months" argument when they could, you know, just cancel their sub until the expansion.
    While that is true, there is one problem. The potential that they wont come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I'm fine with it, as long as it turns out to be decent. I'd rather have them take their time to deliver. I'm still leveling alts, making gold, and have a few other things I'd like to get done.

not gonna play in high summer... jumping in somwhere october ( IF i buy it )

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Probably going to be the crutch of a disappointing Q1 report for WoW.
    There is no "Q! report" for Wow and Activision-Blizzard will do just fine regardless of what happens with Wow or any of its other intellectual properties.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was hoping a little earlier, but I'm not too fussed. Hopefully pre-patch comes out not long after the Movie finishes running in cinemas.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said on the Twitterz:

One the one hand, it's great that they've managed to beat the "release by" date while also getting pretty much everything they promised into the expansion.

On the other hand, another 14-month wait is, really, rather pitiful; especially given how light Warlords of Draenor was.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    To me, it is both too early and too late.

It is too early from what I see, I don't think they are prepared enough.
    It is too late as the hype has died down.

So, yeah. I still have a feeling this is going to end up a rush job.
    Blizzard is releasing the expansion a full 2 months after the movie all of you prattled on endlessly about being a marketing gimmick to get people to play and somehow it is a rush job? Are you for real?

Deleted
    Yeah i'm not actually hyped at all. Maybe i could manage to level my last 4 alts before launch. I mean it takes like 2-3 hours of lazy questing per character...

But! In 4 months time, how much you think they will cut content???

Not trying to be a blind hater here, just genuinely baffled here.

SOO was a year+ and blizzard said it was to prepare to push out expansions faster. They only put 2 raid tiers into WoD (ogre raid is same as BRF, don't bother with that arguement) so they could "put out a yearly expansion", and yet they STILL manage to have 12 months of HFC. Why?

I mean I'm sure they and everyone with a brain realizes 12 months of the same content is unacceptable, and they've been trying to fix it since what, WOTLK? Why can't they seem to push out content faster? Why do they even bother saying they want yearly expansions anymore?

I feel like a "sunwell tier", a tier where the Ilevels are higher, but tier pieces are the same, but different slots, is a much better option. Development time to create a sunwell raid is shorter than it is to create a HFC or a BT/hyjal, and gives them another 6-8 months to really get the next expansion right. Hell, even a WOTLK ruby sanctum type of raid would be better than a complete drought of content for 14 months.

And don't even get me started on them not adding 5 mans. in TBC, WOTLK, and even Cata we had new 5 mans with the final year-long raid tier, and yet NOW we have no 5 mans and the SAME end raid tier length. I legitimately do not understand how blizzard can justify that. And that's coming from a long time and current supporter of Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Later than I had hoped, but based on what I've played of the beta it needs some more time to get everything polished, implemented, and tested.

Also, keep in mind that even though the release date is August 30, they'll be rolling out most of the system changes and the world event in a patch a month or two before launch, probably in early July. That the new class, the new PVP system, the new transmogrification system, the class changes, and so forth. It's a lot closer than it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Earlier than expected.

They better not cut anything out to make the deadline though. I want content. But not at the cost of... well... content.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Blizzard is releasing the expansion a full 2 months after the movie all of you prattled on endlessly about being a marketing gimmick to get people to play and somehow it is a rush job? Are you for real?
    First off, I haven't really commented on the movie ... so WTF?
    Secondly, I can't feel this is going to be a rush job because other people feel the movie is an advertisement for the game to get people to play?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code