Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My guess: prepatch 2nd of August.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It is one of the better expansions
    Yeah, it is if you don't count the other 4 expansions. WoD is a terrible expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Just take a look into the release date threats in octobre/novembre. Most people hoped for Beta in Novembre 15 and release in february or march 16. Some estimated may or june because of the movie and so on. Pretty much noone guessed it could be end of august/beginning of septembre...
    August/September was the absolute latest they could do it without maximum outrage, due to the disclaimer on the original site.

God damn, fuck people for wanting to be optimistic, right?

LOL at all those guys estimating a release in february 2016.

Another 14 months between last raid and new xpac. Just like last MOP -> WOD. Nothing changed.
    Well some things changed: The box was more expensive, actual content was replaced by facebook minigames and the lore got butchered.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will never be short patches or year long expacs no matter how many times they say it, the game just isn't build for that. Also let them work on the game as long as they want so everyone isn't angry and feel the game was rushed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avayl View Post
    There will never be short patches or year long expacs no matter how many times they say it, the game just isn't build for that. Also let them work on the game as long as they want so everyone isn't angry and feel the game was rushed.
    I think what most are upset about is that "wait til the game is complete and full" doesn't really work anymore given WoD.

It worked in the past, there was tons to do. Mists was chock-full of content for the first half of it's release. But Warlords had very little reason for there to be such a huge delay between MoP and itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I don't agree with how they went about Pandaria's end content or WoD being so short but I do understand from a dev side where they had to make tough decisions and they knew they would lose a bunch of players.
    Indeed, in the end it became "we have to get it out the door before Summer 2015, so we're going to do what we have to do."

Unfortunately their PR Department either sucks, or was completely ignored, since they decided the best thing to do would be to treat us like a bunch of fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Well some things changed: The box was more expensive, actual content was replaced by facebook minigames and the lore got butchered.
    ^^

Just take a look into the release date threats in octobre/novembre. Most people hoped for Beta in Novembre 15 and release in february or march 16. Some estimated may or june because of the movie and so on. Pretty much noone guessed it could be end of august/beginning of septembre...
    Nice, thanks

So WoD was a 1 raid patch expansion for full price (in fact $10 more than previously) AND the wait between the last patch and next expansion is officially as long as ever or even longer than some past expansions... Lmao, Blizzard really getting away with milking their loyal fanbase for all it's worth.

All their promises about faster expansions faster content yadayada is just lies to make an excuse for delivering only one raid content patch so you have to pay more for the content you used to get "free" (lol $15 a month free). They put 1/3rd to 1/2 (at most) the content into WoD as any other expansion and still charged more than ever. Yet people automatically believe Legion will be any different or less of a lazy cash grab. Make your loyal customers pay more for less, what a great way to revitalize your slowly sinking flagship! Blizz sadly gives 0 shits about their customer anymore and just exploit their loyal fanboys.
    Last edited by darkest4; 2016-04-18 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avayl View Post
    That is such a load of bullshit though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    August/September was the absolute latest they could do it without maximum outrage, due to the disclaimer on the original site.

God damn, fuck people for wanting to be optimistic, right?
    That's not optimistic, that's stupid. Februrary was never ever possible. Just look at the current alpha, a lot of stuff is still broken and undone. And we are already 2 months after februrary...

They are happy that every class and zone is playable.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not optimistic, that's stupid. Februrary was never ever possible. Just look at the current alpha, a lot of stuff is still broken and undone. And we are already 2 months after februrary...

They are happy that every class and zone is playable.
    February was stupid, sure, but I don't think June/July was unrealistic given how little work actually went into WoD. If you had told me that we'd be waiting 14 months again, I wouldn't believe that.

Somehow, despite Blizzard's proclamations, expansion cycles sure are changing. They're just getting longer, not shorter.

LOL Naive me expecting it to release with the movie hahaha! But don't worry guys this content gap won't happen next expansion!

Finally this will stop all those 'when do you think Legion will be released' threads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    February was stupid, sure, but I don't think June/July was unrealistic given how little work actually went into WoD. If you had told me that we'd be waiting 14 months again, I wouldn't believe that.

Somehow, despite Blizzard's proclamations, expansion cycles sure are changing. They're just getting longer, not shorter.
    Well who cares? I unsubscribed anyways a long time ago. I find august even better because it's not in summer. Despite of what people might say, i don't want to spend my summer at home playing PC games. And i know i'm going to play a lot for at least one week.

I just hope for a rainy and freezing autumn week. xD

I'd be very upset if i am still subscribed and wait for new content though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Dev team was small, they needed to make it bigger, they took most of their super skilled devs and got the teaching the noob devs, it created a 4 year hole they dug themselves into that they are only now coming out of.
    Supposedly. I guess we'll see. I'm thinking no matter what, it's too little too late now, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyminator View Post
    They said before September 21st at BlizzCon IIRC
    They said both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Summer...it's practically Fall by then lol
    Summer ends September 21st.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

This is hilarious. I'm not surprised but I will be if anyone is still around by the time Legion is actually released.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Supposedly. I guess we'll see. I'm thinking no matter what, it's too little too late now, regardless.
    If they keep even 2-3 million they will keep making expansions, if it goes buy to play like GW2 their numbers will surge. It won't die until they want it to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    This is hilarious. I'm not surprised but I will be if anyone is still around by the time Legion is actually released.
    I am breaking until the pre expansion content.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Well, I guess it's not september

Am I the only guy that's glad? Now I can go on vacation and not be upset I'm missing out on launch day... Well.. 3 days after launch day?