Poll: August 30 release date is...

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really hope that prepatch comes early then.....
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

My hype completely died off. See you all when it releases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    someone had a "legion will release by this date" thing in his sig, anyone know who it was? wonder how close he is :P
    He was late at the start of April, so not really relevant anymore

Deleted
    Btw. I don't need any pre-patch yet, but they really should release that new transmog system in minor patch. It would help players with bank space, and it would give them something to do, like getting all transmog sets ready before legion. Pre-patch is not good for that imo, at least my time will go to re-learning my classes and doing some pre-patch event shit.

So 14 months of HFC? Ouch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could just take back my pre-order for Legion and get a digital version instead.
    This really pisses me off.

Not really happy Blizzard, and my patience goes on like a long time, but it does also go away too.
    Why not late July for the release?

Not trying to be a negative nancy here but I'm probably going to get my fill of Legion in the alpha and just not buy it until the first major patch if August is the true release date.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious to see so many people say the hype died down but that they will obviously be back for Legion. Guess the sky isn't falling.

It's perfect! You think it's not, but it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expected it to be much later. I figured September would roll around and they'd say "Sorry we have to push it back because our enormous 100-man teams drown in bureaucracy and micro-management that makes them as efficient as a 1 man team."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    If this is what it takes for a quality expansion, then so be it.
    We have been saying that since Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Not really happy Blizzard, and my patience goes on like a long time, but it does also go away too.
    Why not late July for the release?
    because the game is not finished?

but more serious. its fine, they beat the finale release date within 4 weeks and based on the state of alpha so far it seems there is enough time to finish the game without cutting content.

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    If this is what it takes for a quality expansion, then so be it.
    WoD took 14 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtsinchaos View Post
    I was honestly expecting a September release, so this is pretty sweet news. Hoping it doesn't get pushed back...
    This is like being happy with gas prices being at $1.9999 because your were expecting it to cost $2.00. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm not sure anyone at this point can defend the length of WoD's final patch. I'm looking forward to Legion, but after saying we wouldn't see another 12-month final raid tier after ICC, that Cata's DS raid tier lasted "too long" at 10 months, to have SoO hit 13 months and HFC 14? That's a huge letdown, especially with how few major content patches WoD had.

Legion needs to deliver.
    ^^^^So much this.

Blizzard is on thin ice with Legion and I really hope they realize it. Seeing things like the mission table returning is not exactly getting my hopes back up.

Deleted
    Perfect release date. Zones are polished and quests are great as of the latest patch, but it can take up to a month to iron out the problems. Add to that the max level zone, and tuning the classes, raids and dungeons, 4 months total should be more than enough. Good release date too in that everyone can have a good summer holiday and then start hardcore playing.

As I said already in another thread, that depends on the date of pre-patch release. If it releases in mid-July or later, it sucks. If it releases in mid-June, it is OK.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm very surprised that it was announced already. We've never seen an expansion release date this far in advance.
    Yes, but couldn't we have surmised it based on the standard order of alpha/beta/PTR/we're doing it live? I mean, at some point the patterns speaks more than a press release.

On topic: I don't have faith they'll have the expansion polished by then. They might, after this expansion I won't assume such.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Meh..you know I have been accused of being a fanboi and all, but even I never believed when they said they would have faster patch cycles. Not after 9 months of BT, 12 months of ICC, 9 months of DS and 14 months of SoO. Well, maybe I "hoped" HFC would "only" be 10 months - but really with the announcement of "on or before September 21st", how much make believe is in all of you?
    I can see why you would be accused of that. "Believing them" is one thing, but when they SAY that faster patch cycles are happening and that the reason for cutting things like the new 5 mans and other content from the updates is BECAUSE it would delay raid tiers is kind of ridiculous, bordering on false advertisement.

If they came out and said "the final raid tier is going to be at least 10 months long every expansion and kept with the model they had in the past (generally 3 full raid tiers, new 5 mans), there would be less of an issue, at least from me.

I think it's great.

I don't understand why people feel the need to have content thrown at them all the time. If I feel like I have to stay subscribed all the time and play constantly in order to achieve what I want, I get burned out and stop having fun.

I welcome the opportunity of taking it slow and even taking breaks along the way, but I still enjoy the game and stay subbed more often than not. I preordered Legion months ago and I have no frustrations or regrets.