Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    How would you stop inner city youth from turning to crime?

How would you promote a culture of peace and compassion in the inner cities?

I am not a fan of tough on crime policies. I don't want our society to look like a war zone.

I want the Republicans to support more funding for education and social programs that promote a peaceful society.
    1. Armed forces occupying the inner city.
    2. Shotguns, handcuffs, and youtube.
    3+. Then you are not serious.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    You are not going to fill those homes with middleclass and upperclass people when they are that close to street gangs and crime.
    You're probably right...I live on the westcoast of canada, where bad neighbourhoods aren't really that bad. We've got homeless and drug addicts, and there is SOME violence, but not anywhere on the scale that america has I guess, or in some other canadian cities maybe...
    But that's how it's done out here, (other than that education bubble zzz) and it can work to revitalize an area.
    Vancouver's commercial drive sort of impresses me in a sense that they HAVE revitalized, though their methods I don't think are quite in line with my suggestions. Maybe that community is worth examining for better answers than I have.
    I'm not really into their douchey hipster culture, each to their own I suppose...but it went from a bad area into much nicer in relatively few years, so hats off to them for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    1. Armed forces occupying the inner city.
    2. Shotguns, handcuffs, and youtube.
    3+. Then you are not serious.
    Wow, what you suggest sounds very strange to me...like what's next? Secret police? Internment camps?
    Goose stepping?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.