Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Thousands of Alliance would die, beyond that, no idea.
    I think that depends who comes to aid the Forsaken. Orcs don't have the numbers and leadership, Blood Elves might not want to burn their fingers on this, Goblins think only about their gold.

And the same goes for the Alliance of course, will the Dwarves, Gnomes and Night Elves (none of them feel especially well about the Forsaken) feel the need to help the Humans. The Worgen are a small group but I'm sure they are in.

But that will be an if, if, if situation still.

Defending is easier then attacking but if it's the Worgen/Human population vs the Forsaken without their resurrecting abilities, it might be a close call. But like someone else mentioned, if they'd give it a shot would satisfy me.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    ......When exactly did Calia abandoned her last name? What the fuck?
    Priest class Hall. She doesn't want to be called Calia Menethil. Her name is just Calia now.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Trust me, Genn doesn't give a fuck about Lordaeron. I mean he didn't give one when he should, when Lordaeron was crying for help while it was getting butchered by the Scourge, near his very doorstep.
    Imagine now, how much he would care for a tainted, cursed land. Genn cares only for Gilneas above all else, and maybe a bit for the Alliance .
    He cares nada for Lordaeron, but he LOATHES the Forsaken and very likely wants revenge for his son (killed by Sylvanas). It might be a strong enough catalyst for him. It would also mean that Gilnean will be under complete control of the Worgen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post

Why is the Alliance portrait pvp symbol the symbol of Lordaeron? Does that mean blizzard intends for the Alliance to "fight for Lordaeron"? The human racial also uses the symbol of Lordaeron? Why not use the lion of stormwind?
    Because it is "The Alliance of Lordaeron". That's what it's called.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    I think that depends who comes to aid the Forsaken. Orcs don't have the numbers and leadership, Blood Elves might not want to burn their fingers on this, Goblins think only about their gold.

And the same goes for the Alliance of course, will the Dwarves, Gnomes and Night Elves (none of them feel especially well about the Forsaken) feel the need to help the Humans. The Worgen are a small group but I'm sure they are in.

But that will be an if, if, if situation still.

Defending is easier then attacking but if it's the Worgen/Human population vs the Forsaken without their resurrecting abilities, it might be a close call. But like someone else mentioned, if they'd give it a shot would satisfy me.
    The Forsaken finally have access to the stuff they used at WrathGate again. They could bathe every bay, every pass, any farmland. The Alliance would have no roads and would have to rely on supply lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Because it is "The Alliance of Lordaeron". That's what it's called.
    Apparently not, since " Lordaeron is no more" is considered a "fact".
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you provide a source that comfirms that? Not that it makes any difference, since the L symbol the Alliance uses represents the kingdom of Lordaeron, not the continent.
    It's in the WC2 manual.
    Recounting terrible tales of destruction and carnage wrought by the Orcish invaders in Azeroth, the Steward Lord Anduin Lothar convinced the sovereign of Lordaeron to unite themselves against this great threat. Despite much quarreling and debate, the lords acquiesced to Lothar and Terenas, and agreed to unite their armies under the general command of Lothar himself.
    [...]
    The ill-bred prejudice that had existed for eons amongst the three races was put aside, and a bond was formed between these ancient neighbors. This bond would become a force known across the whole of Lordaeron as the Alliance.

The reason they used the Lordaeron Kingdom crest is because Terenas was patron of the Alliance. "As patron of the Alliance, King Terenas has assumed the heavy mantle of leadership to protect all who abide in his domain."

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The Forsaken finally have access to the stuff they used at WrathGate again. They could bathe every bay, every pass, any farmland. The Alliance would have no roads and would have to rely on supply lines.
    In that case The Forsaken have no difficulties defending their capital at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest class Hall. She doesn't want to be called Calia Menethil. Her name is just Calia now.
    And I'm just Calia now, Lordaeron is no more.

The way i see it, she was just pointing out the obvious, that Lordaeron is gone, so the Menethil surname means shit.
    She wasn't implying that she doesn't want people to call her Menethil or that she wants to abandon it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's in the WC2 manual.
    Recounting terrible tales of destruction and carnage wrought by the Orcish invaders in Azeroth, the Steward Lord Anduin Lothar convinced the sovereign of Lordaeron to unite themselves against this great threat. Despite much quarreling and debate, the lords acquiesced to Lothar and Terenas, and agreed to unite their armies under the general command of Lothar himself.
    [...]
    The ill-bred prejudice that had existed for eons amongst the three races was put aside, and a bond was formed between these ancient neighbors. This bond would become a force known across the whole of Lordaeron as the Alliance.

The reason they used the Lordaeron Kingdom crest is because Terenas was patron of the Alliance. "As patron of the Alliance, King Terenas has assumed the heavy mantle of leadership to protect all who abide in his domain."
    That doesn't prove they named it after the continent though. Since Lordaeron was the leader and the backbone of the Alliance, it makes more sense that it is named after the Kingdom. Hence the use of the Lordaeron symbol.

It doesn't matter that the original Alliance failed in the long run. It is in FACT called "The Alliance of Lordaeron". It makes perfect sense that they would not change the logo. If anything, it serves as a reminder to a city-state lost to the enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't prove they named it after the continent though. Since Lordaeron was the leader and the backbone of the Alliance, it makes more sense that it is named after the Kingdom. Hence the use of the Lordaeron symbol.
    In the founding of the Alliance, it talks about the whole of Lordaeron continent and the sovereign kings of Lordaeron continent... Not Lordaeron Kingdom and its 6 buddies.

Deleted
    "The Holy Roman Empire is neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire." Voltaire

10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm just Calia now, Lordaeron is no more.

The way i see it, she was just pointing out the obvious, that Lordaeron is gone, so the Menethil surname means shit.
    She wasn't implying that she doesn't want people to call her Menethil or that she wants to abandon it.
    If she cared for Lordaeron she wouldn't have abandoned her surname. She would know how much that name means to the Kingdom. When you abandon something, you stop caring for it. Unless you think people who abandon their family, friends, pets, etc are showing how much they care, by abandoning them.....
    Last edited by Night Wind; 2016-04-18 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    In the founding of the Alliance, it talks about the whole of Lordaeron continent and the sovereign kings of Lordaeron continent... Not Lordaeron Kingdom and its 6 buddies.
    The symbol still represents the kingdom of Lordaeron, not the continent.

Deleted
    Maybe Calia is only a spoiled, faithless Bitch. Instead of claiming the Throne of Lordaeron, forcing the Forsaken and the Humans of Lordaeron to get along, she does nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The symbol still represents the kingdom of Lordaeron, not the continent.
    Yes... because Terenas, the king of Lordaeron Kingdom, was patron of the Alliance. He's the one who got them all together. The Alliance itself is for the kingdoms of the Lordaeron continent. There was no symbol for the entire continent because the individual kingdoms were antagonistic towards each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, it should no longer be a symbol!
    The problem with the Alliance is that it really lacks a faction-identity and pride.
    And Blizzard cannot give them this pride and identity if they keep clinging to stuff that has never been Alliance in World of Warcraft but has always been Horde territory.

How bad must one feel as an Alliance player if you see this awesome symbol everywhere, and it turns out that the Kingdom and it's citizens are Horde now.
    That would be the same as if the Alliance was using the Quel'thalas symbol everywhere.
    So please, Blizzard, focus on Stormwind! Get rid of Lordaeron and "the Alliance of Lordaeron", it died with Terenas.
    Exactly how I feel. It's like having a tattoo of your gf on your arm. Then she is stolen by your rival and now she belongs to him, and you are still walking around with her name on your arm to " remember the good times". It's just sad, and blizzard is 100% to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    How is not a fact? The land is tainted, its people slaughtered, the royal line broken. Calia was not even meant to be queen ever, Arthas was supposed to be king after Terenas.

Lordaeron is gone. The Forsaken built their own civilization on the corpse of the old kingdom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Maybe Calia is only a spoiled, faithless Bitch. Instead of claiming the Throne of Lordaeron, forcing the Forsaken and the Humans of Lordaeron to get along, she does nothing.
    Forcing people to get along always worked great. I'm not going to use RL examples to not derail the thread but seriously...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    He cares nada for Lordaeron, but he LOATHES the Forsaken and very likely wants revenge for his son (killed by Sylvanas). It might be a strong enough catalyst for him. It would also mean that Gilnean will be under complete control of the Worgen again.
    I believe he is clever enough to see how costly such a move would be, even if he was in a position to attack and take Lordaeron under his control.
    Genn is very fierce, angry and full of hatred. But deep inside he is suffering

http://i.imgur.com/tXAKHwb.png

http://i.imgur.com/Sqdipil.png

I mean, he wasn't even able to deliver a freaking letter, because he didn't want to see Anduin suffer. Genn cares deeply for his nation. He definitely wants to see as less Gilnean funerals as possible. His only goal is to take Gilneas back, probably rebuild his wall and shut the gates once again, forever. Of course if he could he'd eliminate the Forsaken threat once and for all, but right now that's not possible and he knows it very well. He won't risk more of lives of his people.