Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Also, false promises?
    ^ The question asked by all fanatics who already know the answer, but know that the non-fanatics can't be arsed to go back and search for them. Or even be bothered to really go into detail about them either, because the apathy Blizzard instilled in them over their own IP has insured that.

But hey, you keep asking it, thinking you're being cunning and poignant. I promise no one sees through it. True story!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Oh yeah, that Garrison Mini-Game turned out to be so successful in the end, right?

Unless you mean the Daily Quest Hub- oh, wait.

Oh, you must mean Ashran? No, wait.

Uh.... Arena/BG PvP? I'm confused.

What non-Raiding Content did we get with Warlords of Draenor, that wasn't absolute dog shit, exactly?
    What non-raiding content did we get with Wrath of the Lich King, Burning Crusade, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, that wasn't absolute dog shit (I assume we mean that content being dog shit is a "fact", because god forbid people have different opinions, right?)?

Is a daily quest hub content? Would you be satisfied with WoD if it had repetitive dailies? Following that logic, cant you just do dungeons over and over again?
    Ashran can easily be considered content for the people who enjoy it. I assume you're one of those "Ashran is shit, you are shit if you like it" people?
    Arena/BG is basically the same as previous expansions, though a bit more to do these days than before.

Well done.

Yeah, shutting down that popular Vanilla Server didn't have any negative backslash, like, AT ALL.

Are you serious?
    Sure it had, from the minority that played on them. Those who didn't? They didn't give a shit. It's just positive that Blizzard is protecting their trademark, and removing said threats that does nothing but make the game look like shit.

Well done again.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtsinchaos View Post
    Nice, I'm taking that entire week off work, and buying boatloads of coffee for those all nighters
    Good luck. Hopefully this time it won't be a giant clusterfuck like the WoD release with thousands of people standing on the same NPC and the servers lagging hours behind.

I bet Suramar gets cut to make the August release and comes back later like tanaan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Sanctions View Post
    Right? I mean, it's a game people were ashamed to admit to their own families that they were playing, yet it's apparently going to make a billion dollars and outperform Lords of the Ring, Avengers, and every other blockbuster in the last ten years. XD
    I have so much fun with Snyder Apologists screaming about how BvS didn't "underperform" at the Box Office already, I can only imagine how much more fun I'm going to have with Blizzard Apologists once this comes out

Oh, I do so love being right ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ The question asked by all fanatics who already know the answer, but know that the non-fanatics can't be arsed to go back and search for them. Or even be bothered to really go into detail about them either, because the apathy Blizzard instilled in them over their own IP has insured that.

But hey, you keep asking it, thinking you're being cunning and poignant. I promise no one sees through it. True story!
    I'm just wondering if we're confusing promises with hopes.

They said they wanted to release expansions faster once in 2013. Read what I just wrote? Emphasis on want.
    They said something similar in 2014, when they said their goal is to release expansions faster. Read what I just wrote? Emphasis on goal.
    They said something similar in 2015, when they said they want to continue to shrink the time between expansions. Read what I just wrote? Emhpasis on want.

The time between WoD release and Legion release is the fastest expansion release, tied with the time between Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. I guess that's not a good thing.

Of course, I could be completely wrong here and misunderstand what he meant with "false promises", which is why I asked in the first place.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    They didn't say shorter last patches, they said 1 year expansion. You did get a 1 year expansion and then you got 14 months of the endgame without new content.
    Well, technically they said Annual Expansions is the goal, but I'll assume you're trying to be sarcastic & the Internet failed to convey that once again?

Deleted
    I'm just wondering if we're confusing promises with hopes.

They said they wanted to release expansions faster once in 2013. Read what I just wrote? Emphasis on want.
    They said something similar in 2014, when they said their goal is to release expansions faster. Read what I just wrote? Emphasis on goal.
    They said something similar in 2015, when they said they want to continue to shrink the time between expansions. Read what I just wrote? Emhpasis on want.

The time between WoD release and Legion release is the fastest expansion release, tied with the time between Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria. I guess that's not a good thing.

Of course, I could be completely wrong here and misunderstand what he meant with "false promises", which is why I asked in the first place.
    Actually, they've been talking about "wanting" to do Annual Expansions ever since Burning Crusade, it's just that nobody paid attention to that for years, because everyone who didn't work for Blizzard could actually tell how moronic the very idea was.

It wasn't until Late Pandaria/Draenor that they started shouting it at the top of their lungs & declaring it a goal of theirs however, at which point they basically forced us to actually take them seriously.

Besides that, they've generally made statements about wanting to "reduce content droughts", not that they've ever succeeded.

Which means pre-patch in July? I can live with that no problem. ^^
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-18 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    I'm sure you believe that.
    Oh no, they definitely probably think they will......

Just like "everyone" thought they were going to see BvS, until Critics bombed it like Hiroshima, thus revealing to the world what a giant fucking turd it really was.

Quote Originally Posted by proteen View Post
    Just to put it in perspective for everyone who has been subbed since HFC (and plans to stay subbed til Legion), you'll have given Blizzard $210 since HFC's release through your subscription alone (at $15/month). And for what?

I can't give Blizzard a dime in these luls. Its awarding them for their false promises and bad habits. You want them to have quicker turn around on patches or expansions? You want to hold them to their word? Then say it with your wallet.
    Access to the game I play, duh. And I was never one of you people asking for or expecting annual expansions in the first place. I always said they should have stuck with the MoP model of content releases, and put effort into adding some minor content during the time between final tier and next expansion's pre-patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, they definitely probably think they will......

Just like "everyone" thought they were going to see BvS, until Critics bombed it like Hiroshima, thus revealing to the world what a giant fucking turd it really was.
    I was always one to make up my own mind about whether I like something or not. Critics? They're like those Youtubers, it garners them attention to be negative and shit on stuff.

Deleted
    What non-raiding content did we get with Wrath of the Lich King, Burning Crusade, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, that wasn't absolute dog shit (I assume we mean that content being dog shit is a "fact", because god forbid people have different opinions, right?)?

Is a daily quest hub content? Would you be satisfied with WoD if it had repetitive dailies? Following that logic, cant you just do dungeons over and over again?
    Ashran can easily be considered content for the people who enjoy it. I assume you're one of those "Ashran is shit, you are shit if you like it" people?
    Arena/BG is basically the same as previous expansions, though a bit more to do these days than before.

Well done.

Sure it had, from the minority that played on them. Those who didn't? They didn't give a shit. It's just positive that Blizzard is protecting their trademark, and removing said threats that does nothing but make the game look like shit.

Well done again.
    Where should I start..... Dungeons? Sure, fine, I'll start with Dungeons.

Post-Launch Wrath Dungeons; 4.
    Post-Launch Cataclysm Dungeons; 3.
    Post-Launch Pandaria Dungeons; 0 (multiple Scenarios however, at least keeping the Valor grinds semi-fresh).
    Post-Launch Draenor Dungeons; 0.

Post-Launch Wrath Quest Hubs; Pre-Tournament + Tournament.
    Post-Launch Cataclysm Quest Hubs; Firelands stuff.
    Post-Launch Mists Quest Hubs; Don't even know where to begin.
    Post-Launch Warlords Quest Hubs; Two boring Rep Grinds in Tanaan. Oh, & that Iron Docks- oh wait, they cut that.

New Battleground Maps in Wrath? Check.
    New Battleground Maps in Cataclysm? Check.
    New Battleground Maps in Pandaria? Check.
    New Battleground Maps in Draenor? Ehm. Oops. But it's ok, we got Ashran! You know, that diarrhea-inducing nightmare that was so broken on Launch, it was fucking disgraceful.

New Arenas in Wrath? Check.
    New Arenas in Cataclysm? Nope.
    New Arenas in Mists? Check.
    New Arenas in Draenor? Ehm.......

Number of Dungeon at Launch in Wrath: 12.
    Number of Dungeon at Launch in Cataclysm: 9, including the rehashes.
    Number of Dungeons at Launch in Pandaria: 9, including rehashes. Not counting Scenarios, which I actually liked, to be honest.
    Number of Dungeons at Launch in Draenor: 8, including the "mostly a rehash" Dungeon, & 0 Scenarios to speak of.

Post-Launch Content Patches in Wrath: Let's see.... 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4...... Oh my.
    Post-Launch Content Patches in Cataclysm: 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 (as horrible as Dragon Soul was).
    Post-Launch Content Patches in Pandaria: 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4
    Post-Launch Content Patches in Draenor: 6.2. Wow. That's impressive.

Why am I including the Pandaria non-Raiding Patches? Because they had actual Content. Why am I not including 6.1? Yeah........

Regardless of my personal opinions on the Post-Launch content itself, it's quite clear that while previous Expansions actually had real Post-Launch content, Draenor started with almost nothing, & got absolutely fuck all Post-Launch.

Oh, right, except the one Zone they cut at Launch, because "too much effort to do it twice", & moronic outdated Rep Grinds because "we didn't have the time to implement Dailies, so enjoy your Mob Grinds, suckers."

So yeah, well done.
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2016-04-18 at 09:52 PM.

I don't know...5.1 Krasarang campaign was pretty damned good. Isle of Thunder and Isle of Giants kept people pretty occupied and I personally consider it the best content patch to date in the game. 5.3 was a bit weaker, but still had people do content in the world. 5.4 had a better retention rate for 14 months than the first 6 months of WoD and also had people going back to 5.1 and 5.2 content each week. Pretty good "dog shit" I'd say...

15+ Year Old Account
    God I hope Monster Hunter Generations comes out soon to keep me occupied until then.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Prepatch late June/early July?? Maybe? *Crosses fingers* Please, please please please. I just want something.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    God I hope Monster Hunter Generations comes out soon to keep me occupied until then.
    July 27th sadly. I am getting it too and I am beyond excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The raiding isn't even the problem, it was lack of additions in general, like new zones and dungeons and engaging word content, they should have took a note from how Guild Wars 2 does their open world content.
    Those 2 things are normally linked together to some degree. I guess Blizzard misunderstood the saying less is more. So in the heart of that this is the most Blizzard has ever given us!
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    anyone else feels like its coming out later than they expected?

lol August 30th, Why are people still subbed. Might as well go into a private server at that point. No new content there, no new content here. How the mighty have fallen... Such a shitty company now.

So 13 months of 6.2. So much for yearly expansions.