Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    i think thats always been in - its the passive of the artifact lvl or somehting
    No, that's the 1% stamina. Goldrinn's Fury is 0.5% damage per rank with 20 ranks. WoWhead lists it as available once you filled all regular traits.

Pardon late question but there is a lot to read through in nearly 100 pages and I am considering playing Boomkin/Tree as my main coming from a DK since wrath. I do also understand nothing is final, but what is the general shape of the balance rotation now?

Going over the talents for the first time it seems like keep up dots (and maybe starfall?) while dumping AP with SS to generate stacks which you expend with your AP builders for the basics. Does the stellar flare dot fit in nicely in terms of feel, output and stack spending? Additionally, fury of elune kind of seems like some breath of sindragossa again. How long are people maintaining it? Can/Should you just spam spenders/dots during it to max it out and not use SS or do you still SS?

Thanks in advance for people who answer.

(Edit: Lol, I put RP instead of AP. Told you I've played a DK for awhile)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    Pardon late question but there is a lot to read through in nearly 100 pages and I am considering playing Boomkin/Tree as my main coming from a DK since wrath. I do also understand nothing is final, but what is the general shape of the balance rotation now?

Going over the talents for the first time it seems like keep up dots (and maybe starfall?) while dumping AP with SS to generate stacks which you expend with your AP builders for the basics. Does the stellar flare dot fit in nicely in terms of feel, output and stack spending? Additionally, fury of elune kind of seems like some breath of sindragossa again. How long are people maintaining it? Can/Should you just spam spenders/dots during it to max it out and not use SS or do you still SS?

Keep dots up, don't over cap AsP, don't over cap Moon spell charges, don't overcap Empowerment buffs. Stellar Flare is currently pretty much useless, if you know what it was like in WoD, well, it's the exact same in Legion. FoE is amazing dps - but hard to hit. You keep it up by pooling AsP and Moon charges (and WoE/AC if talented) before casting it, then you just want to fit all the moon spells in there before it runs out while spamming LS.

Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsZZPf3NgVg
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Given the high movement of the latest test it has really made me hate how FoE forces us into a turret mode to get anything out of it. Also hating our AsP generation with high movement, 3 AsP from dots seems too low with high movement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Given the high movement of the latest test it has really made me hate how FoE forces us into a turret mode to get anything out of it. Also hating our AsP generation with high movement, 3 AsP from dots seems too low with high movement.
    I'm sure it will be way better with boss mods so you can play around mechanics that might force you to move.

I had no issues with AsP on movement. I had sooo much to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Keep dots up, don't over cap AsP, don't over cap Moon spell charges, don't overcap Empowerment buffs. Stellar Flare is currently pretty much useless, if you know what it was like in WoD, well, it's the exact same in Legion. FoE is amazing dps - but hard to hit. You keep it up by pooling AsP and Moon charges (and WoE/AC if talented) before casting it, then you just want to fit all the moon spells in there before it runs out while spamming LS.
    Stellar flare seemed to fit ok on 2-3 dummies.
    Not sure on numbers vs incarnation though.
    .. Or how stfl and foe are meant to fit together... You can only use one or another at the same timed ur to asp on ss OR foe

Definitely a big trade off in pvp because it's still Dispelable with no repercusion. You lose the dot damage and the empowerment a you could have got without stfl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Stellar flare seemed to fit ok on 2-3 dummies.
    Not sure on numbers vs incarnation though.
    .. Or how stfl and foe are meant to fit together... You can only use one or another at the same timed ur to asp on ss OR foe

Definitely a big trade off in pvp because it's still Dispelable with no repercusion. You lose the dot damage and the empowerment a you could have got without stfl
    Keyword being dummies I think it has the exact same problem as WoD, it might be mathematically good on 1 or 2 fights (Iron Maidens, Hellfire Council) but even if it is superior in sustained in those rare situations you wont use it because the single target burst offered by Euphoria (in Legion, INC) beats it, because doing 10% more damage in that small windows is way more important than doing 10% more damage over the course of the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

For Stellar Flare to be good in its current iteration you'd need 2-3 targets with completely equal dps priority (both between the targets and between different points in the fight) throughout the whole fight, and that simply wouldn't be a good design for a raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    I had no issues with AsP on movement. I had sooo much to spare.
    It was mainly when I had to starfall and move a lot. Since I took BotA rather than shooting stars for the FoE duration. There doesn't seem to be a nice middle ground between FoE usage for single target mainly and starfall/dots for aoe. It is really hard for the two to coexist (not meaning that both are cast at the same time, meaning more like using both effectively in the same fight at the right times).
    Last edited by dark666105; 2016-04-19 at 12:34 AM.

Keyword being dummies I think it has the exact same problem as WoD, it might be mathematically good on 1 or 2 fights (Iron Maidens, Hellfire Council) but even if it is superior in sustained in those rare situations you wont use it because the single target burst offered by Euphoria (in Legion, INC) beats it, because doing 10% more damage in that small windows is way more important than doing 10% more damage over the course of the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

For Stellar Flare to be good in its current iteration you'd need 2-3 targets with completely equal dps priority (both between the targets and between different points in the fight) throughout the whole fight, and that simply wouldn't be a good design for a raid boss.
    Pure throughput council fight, extended fight duration.(always lasts 2min 50s, or 5:50s etc just to f**ck with your incarn timers)
    it could be a thing =S

- - - Updated - - -

We had Twins this expansion, but that's about it I guess. Maybe Hans&Frans too.

So given the artifact traits, which are we looking to boost (assuming all the relics aren't finished, and just looking at which traits would be optimal to boost if there were an appropriate relic for it)? Almost feels like we are torn between boosting our single target (not quite sure on this one), our AoE (falling star), or some weird spot in the middle (sunfire burns). Really makes me wish we could swap out relics as needed.

Deleted
    Scythe of the stars > Solar stabbing with current tuning. You could also go Falling Star (Starfall) or Empowerment (Stellar Flare) for aoe, but since you lose the old relic when replacing a new one I doubt you'd want to optimize for anything but single target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    We had Twins this expansion, but that's about it I guess. Maybe Hans&Frans too.
    Could be yeah, if it is tuned to beat the competition on 2 targets. In WoD we needed 3

Scythe of the stars > Solar stabbing with current tuning. You could also go Falling Star (Starfall) or Empowerment (Stellar Flare) for aoe, but since you lose the old relic when replacing a new one I doubt you'd want to optimize for anything but single target.
    Most definitely that. Even in pure AoE fights, there's always some higher priority targets, so in terms of usefulness more single target will undoubtedly (for me) beat more AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Most definitely that. Even in pure AoE fights, there's always some higher priority targets, so in terms of usefulness more single target will undoubtedly (for me) beat more AoE.
    Of course, there have to be enough feasible relics for us to actually have a signficant choice to do that.

On that note, is it possible to have the three socket artifact on the alpha currently? If so, can you slot in two of the same relic?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Of course, there have to be enough feasible relics for us to actually have a signficant choice to do that.
    Yeah, of course. A "given the choice" clause should always be implied.

Deleted
    Ilvl on relics will likely be way more important than their effect, and with the low number of drops from raids I don't think we will have much of a choice once we start getting raid gear. In dungeons you'll likely have enough options to choose depending on the trait.

PoG + Echoing Stars -> literally 2 talent points between them. Might be worth it because Moon and Stars route would take another 7-8 points before you get your secondary gold trait.

Just noticed that the Moon and Stars route says 3% haste for CA and 1% haste for Inc. How long has that been there?