Poll: August 30 release date is...

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    yeah we're having a 10 months beta. . stop this stupid argument. People only said alpha is beta so they can try and prove legion wont take a long time. Now that the release date is on august 30, theres no point in repeating this anymore
    This alpha is further along than most of the previous expansion betas were tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    The Alpha is waaaaaaaaaaaay longer this time, which is why a short beta is perfectly reasonable. Based on the state of development, they're well within the window to finish for August 30th. Hell, they're already raid testing.
    I am still skeptical that Blizzard will not cut content or delay content to a further patch because " it was not working as we hoped and we need more time."
    If this expansion is not a homerun right out of the gate, and players are forced to wait for more patches to fix problems, they will be flooding out the door never to return.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Essentially, they combined Alpha and Beta testing in this one. They have people not involved in the development testing, which is a trait of Beta (it isn't forbidden in Alpha, just uncommon).

I still don't like it. I don't like where it is and where release is ... I have a feeling there will still be a few things rushed.
    And when the feel the need to rush, content suffers and the story suffers. I have to wonder do we get to see every part of the Isles or will we have to wait for further patches to unlock some parts like in WOD. If thats the case I wont comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    This alpha is further along than most of the previous expansion betas were tbh.
    And? looking at the release date, what you are saying means absolute jack shit.

yeah we're having a 10 months beta. . stop this stupid argument. People only said alpha is beta so they can try and prove legion wont take a long time. Now that the release date is on august 30, theres no point in repeating this anymore
    Regardless of what you think, Legion's current state is somewhere in between that of an "Alpha" and "Beta," and I think Blizzard allowing so many people "Alpha" access without an NDA only further distorts this view. I think earlier on the game could have easily been said to have been in an Alpha state, but I think as time moved on they already had so many people opted into the game that it felt unnecessary to arbitrarily repackage what they're working on as "Beta" and simply kept the Alpha tag on the product even as the game moved into what would clearly be Beta stages of previous expansions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    This is so stupid. This isn't alpha people this is beta. Blizzard just won't call it beta so they can say they had a shorter beta after hiring all those extra employees. Normally I don't buy into the people saying blizzards trying to pull the wool over our eyes or whatever... But this makes me feel like blizzard is really scrambling to save face.
    They've also never had a beta without all the classes being available. That changed as of last week when Warlocks had their final spec added. Someone else noticed the last build changed from Alpha 64-bit to Beta 64-bit.

Blizzard said back in WOD their testing process changed which allowed them to test certain functionality before everything was in place. Like doing early raid testing when only 1 healing class was available. In previous expansions raid testing was last of all. They did balance and boss testing. Now the balance passes will come near the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Too early for me.

Not saying there is alot atm to do but when i see Alpha stuff i think the product is not finished or have the content needed for a full fleshed out exp. pack. Also they did not do a mass testing phase yet with Legion where alot of players test a server to see if it will create problems you dont want to have 1 item on the ground again where the hole community is wanted to click on at launch.
    You do realize they will be testing and tuning right up until a few days before Legion launches? We'll get our pre-patch sometime in July but the beta testers will still be testing Legion while the devs do last minute changes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Regardless of what you think, Legion's current state is somewhere in between that of an "Alpha" and "Beta," and I think Blizzard allowing so many people "Alpha" access without an NDA only further distorts this view. I think earlier on the game could have easily been said to have been in an Alpha state, but I think as time moved on they already had so many people opted into the game that it felt unnecessary to arbitrarily repackage what they're working on as "Beta" and simply kept the Alpha tag on the product even as the game moved into what would clearly be Beta stages of previous expansions.
    doesn't matter what it's called at this point. It's another 12+ months content drought. This alpha/beta cycle is no different than the other ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as Legion is far, far better than WoD, I am reasonably OK with the date.

No offense, but to those who voted "Too late - the hype train stopped!" : You deserved WoD

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    \
    And when the feel the need to rush, content suffers and the story suffers. I have to wonder do we get to see every part of the Isles or will we have to wait for further patches to unlock some parts like in WOD. If thats the case I wont comeback
    There are some things like Tanaan that should have been in released. They could have done something like MoP and have the zone change during the expansion, but unlike MoP use their phasing so people could see both versions.

I feel it is still far to unpolished from what I seen to have a release about 4 months away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    No offense, but to those who voted "Too late - the hype train stopped!" : You deserved WoD
    Which is why I stated Too Soon over Too Late, even though I feel it can be viewed as both for me.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

so that mean DH early access is in July,not really happy,but I rather wait longer then the amount of content we got in Wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is great, because now we don't get f....... release date threads.

Oh wait..now we get "What do you feel about the release date" threads.
    Answered as cynically as forumly possible.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Last time they took that long, we got MoP, which was a very good expac, no matter how much you hate pandas. So im fine with it, they are using all the time they can.

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    so that mean DH early access is in July,not really happy,but I rather wait longer then the amount of content we got in Wod.
    DH are not guaranteed to come with the prepatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Last time they took that long, we got MoP, which was a very good expac, no matter how much you hate pandas. So im fine with it, they are using all the time they can.
    didnt wod take the same time?

DH are not guaranteed to come with the prepatch.

- - - Updated - - -

didnt wod take the same time?
    wod had an awful dev cycle. it was odd from the beginning. remember alpha with FFR barely implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    ...you don't think that the release content of Legion will be worth $50 and an additional $15 for that particular month? It's a fallacy to try and include unknown, additional content patches in your decision to buy the Legion base game, given that you can unsubscribe at any point. The only thing that should drive your decision to purchase is whether or not you think the base game of Legion has enough content to warrant a $65 purchase.
    No, I think that it's neither fair nor ethical for Blizzard to run 12 month long content droughts FOLLOWED by a charge of $50+$15 for the month of the launch.

People who stayed subbed for those months of drought should be getting Legion for free, OR Blizzard should be releasing content during those months. You pay a sub not just for access to the game, but for Blizzard to continue to provide the service. Part of that service is new content. Otherwise you are getting far more value for your money by buying a single-player game, or a one-time purchase game. At the very least, buying the expansion should include a month of sub. But it doesn't. Why? Why is that ok?

There are plenty of AAA titles out there which don't expect you to keep feeding money in without getting anything else out of it. Hell, even a Season Pass pay model is better than what Blizzard is doing right now. Blizzard is asking players to pay $65 for a month of Legion, while most other DLC packs or expansions range from $5-$40 WITHOUT the subscription locking you out of your purchase.

All I'm saying is that maybe people should reconsider the value proposition of Legion. I'm sure Legion will be a fine addition to the WoW franchise. But I'm also sure that what you're getting for your money is almost certainly NOT worth it compared to ANY other game on the market in a similar price-range.

Perfect. I am even more hyped now than ever that they did not rush the release date. They proved they aren't so stupid to keep repeating their mistakes.

I can say with 90% certainty that launch will be good. Now the only question remains is how many content patches we will get, and if they will be good and meaty.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No, I think that it's neither fair nor ethical for Blizzard to run 12 month long content droughts FOLLOWED by a charge of $50+$15 for the month of the launch.

People who stayed subbed for those months of drought should be getting Legion for free, OR Blizzard should be releasing content during those months. You pay a sub not just for access to the game, but for Blizzard to continue to provide the service. Part of that service is new content. Otherwise you are getting far more value for your money by buying a single-player game, or a one-time purchase game. At the very least, buying the expansion should include a month of sub. But it doesn't. Why? Why is that ok?

There are plenty of AAA titles out there which don't expect you to keep feeding money in without getting anything else out of it. Hell, even a Season Pass pay model is better than what Blizzard is doing right now. Blizzard is asking players to pay $65 for a month of Legion, while most other DLC packs or expansions range from $5-$40 WITHOUT the subscription locking you out of your purchase.

All I'm saying is that maybe people should reconsider the value proposition of Legion. I'm sure Legion will be a fine addition to the WoW franchise. But I'm also sure that what you're getting for your money is almost certainly NOT worth it compared to ANY other game on the market in a similar price-range.
    Not saying that I disagree that blizzard going 12 months without content is wrong but you are wrong about one thing.

You may feel you pay $15 a month for new content, But what you feel isn't a fact. Your $15 as agreed on is only to access the servers and nothing more. Blizzard could release a xpac and no content for 3 years and there would be nothing you can do about it.

Like I said your $15 is to access the servers only and nothing more. Blizzard has never agreed to take your $15 and give you content or a decent rate of it.

Do I think its fair, Nope I sure don't and I think blizzard is some greedy fucks. But that is the ToS you agreed to and have to accept. Also there is people believe it or not who like WOD and the content it has provided.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    There's no reason for their development cycle to be so long with nothing to show for it. They shouldn't be in a situation where they feel like they have to "rush" to make deadlines. It's poor planning/management.

So yes, it's not "too soon". That implies we're being unreasonable and rushing them IMO.

Look at any other modern MMORPG like FFXIV. They get content every few months AND a big expansion every couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You may feel you pay $15 a month for new content, But what you feel isn't a fact. Your $15 as agreed on is only to access the servers and nothing more. Blizzard could release a xpac and no content for 3 years and there would be nothing you can do about it.

Like I said your $15 is to access the servers only and nothing more. Blizzard has never agreed to take your $15 and give you content or a decent rate of it.
    I think you have that backwards. It was proven a super long time ago that sub fees aren't necessary for server maintenance anymore (they barely were in the early MMORPG days). They're for ongoing development. Otherwise expansions would be super cheap for how much content you (should) get. The sub + box fees is all for content development.
    Last edited by Maconi; 2016-04-19 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpSucks View Post
    Perfect. I am even more hyped now than ever that they did not rush the release date. They proved they aren't so stupid to keep repeating their mistakes.

I can say with 90% certainty that launch will be good. Now the only question remains is how many content patches we will get, and if they will be good and meaty.
    They haven't rushed any release date of any expansion.

WOD released 1 month before its (Before X) release date and so is Legion. Nether was rushed, It was just that alot of content for WOD got changed ro scrapped for a unknown reason. Unless you work at blizzard you will never know said reason.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I'm not hyped for legion. Glad to know the release date.
    We're still progressing HFC M. Hoping to kill Archimonde mythic on time. The game is on!