Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Sorry, but it always bugs me when someone comes out with "using optional item ruins it for me"
    You don't roll a character fully decked out in heirlooms, you choose to use them.
    If using them ruins it for you, take them off. It's not rocket science

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    The lack of logic in your post and calling people "simpleton" who don't agree with your opinion shows how intelligent you are. Leveling is not challenging because its not supposed to be. It is for new players to learn how to play the game. If you want challenge then go do mythic raids, high rated pvp or Brawler guild. Hell if you want to be challenged during leveling then go do the Ironman achievement.
    Well you clearly are one of those simpletons, if you fail to realize that leveling is supposed to be challenging, you don't learn unless you are challenged and work to overcome it. Throwing that same crap every single time "If you want challenge do x, y and z" isn't going to work. That's what I already said as well, it's moronic that one has to get rid of their items, that they get while leveling to find any form of challenge in the leveling content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post
    Well you clearly are one of those simpletons, if you fail to realize that leveling is supposed to be challenging, you don't learn unless you are challenged and work to overcome it. Throwing that same crap every single time "If you want challenge do x, y and z" isn't going to work. That's what I already said as well, it's moronic that one has to get rid of their items, that they get while leveling to find any form of challenge in the leveling content.
    Since we are descending to name calling I bet you are one of those people who has never done any actual challenging content, that you actually think leveling can ever be challenging. Leveling is designed for new players. And again heirlooms are optional nobody is forcing you to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Really. Don't do dungeons if people will complain/kick you because you don't have items that trivialize the content?

Fuck, can't you people see that you're what's wrong with this game?
    No, you fucking listen here

People wanted to REMOVE Lfg in the first place, to create Premades instead. If you people continue to bitch about LFG then why the hell are you using it? Shouldn't you be spamming General chat for players to join your group so you can travel to the dungeon yourself and do the dungeon there? Of course you're not going to do it because you like to Use LFG just like the damn hypocrites you are.
    An'u belore delen'na

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Since we are descending to name calling I bet you are one of those people who has never done any actual challenging content, that you actually think leveling can ever be challenging. Leveling is designed for new players. And again heirlooms are optional nobody is forcing you to use them.
    No I've actually just got over 2k rating in arenas, done most of mythic hfc as a tank and as dps. Assume whatever you please, I know what I am talking about. No new player is so incompetent that two shotting mobs in regular leveling gear offers them any sort of challenge or chance to learn.

Deleted
    I don't raid. I only do arena and rbg I have always had multi chars over 2k both in 2s and 3s. I really enjoy content that are challenging like doing brawler guild in MoP undergeared. I would love to see some alternate challenging way of lvling for veteran players but removing heirlooms wont solve that problem at all. Leveling is a very easy and tedious thing heirlooms just accelerate that process.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW no longer has a leveling experience, you don't mold and shape your character like you did in Vanilla, TBC and Wrath. I don't see the point in leveling when everything is a preset template already.

If I could play with classic trees again then I might enjoy leveling once again.

So no, heirlooms play no negative role in the leveling experience. They're completely voluntary for goodness sake.

Heirlooms are far from the worst thing that ruins the leveling experience.

Heirlooms make the leveling easier (Not talking about leveling speed) and remove ALL of the fun of getting new gear, and they make dungeons even more ridiculous than they are.

BUT

Leveling without heirlooms, you'll 2-3 shot enemies anyways, steamroll through dungeons regardless, you still outlevel zones, you cant realistically do all quests of an expansion before heading to the next, professions still feel worthless and the level still feels like a mind-numbing easy process where the only goal is getting to max level to raid instead of reaching the next level or getting the next nice item.

Blizzard knows this and has given up on their leveling content, offering level boosts every expansion they'll release and level boosts for money... Then they wonder why people dont stick to their game when they buy WoD, instant boost to 90/100, level in 2 days or not level at all if they preordered legion, gear in tanaan, do lfr and quit because theyve seen "the content"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post
    No I've actually just got over 2k rating in arenas, done most of mythic hfc as a tank and as dps. Assume whatever you please, I know what I am talking about. No new player is so incompetent that two shotting mobs in regular leveling gear offers them any sort of challenge or chance to learn.
    I don't raid. I only do arena and rbg I have always had multi chars over 2k both in 2s and 3s. I really enjoy content that are challenging like doing brawler guild in MoP undergeared. I would love to see some alternate challenging way of lvling for veteran players but removing heirlooms wont solve that problem at all. Leveling is a very easy and tedious thing heirlooms just accelerate that process.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If heirlooms ruin your leveling experience, don't use them. That is how simple it is. Some it 'ruins' it for, and others it makes it better.
    The issue is that with people leveling so fast the leveling zones are empty. One person choosing not to use it has no effect on this at all. Ultimately this issue is mute because you can just sit in a city, q for something and level never having to leave the auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasblossom View Post
    The issue is that with people leveling so fast the leveling zones are empty. One person choosing not to use it has no effect on this at all. Ultimately this issue is mute because you can just sit in a city, q for something and level never having to leave the auction house.
    Alot of the time i feel like these discussions are started by people who decide to try and do some light pvp to break up leveling and get absolutely obliterated by people like myself who have every set of heirlooms for every class enchanted the best scaling enchants possible sometimes multiple sets of gears with different enchants for different situations. Its part of the game it always was, blizzard tried segregating twinks by turning xp off but now we just make new characters with these ludicrous heirlooms get to 10, steamroll pvp to 50 or so delete the character and repeat, or outlevel your desired bracket delete and repeat. Atleast in the current system random levels can also do this which gives your average player some chance to fight back.

I dont buy that for any reason you would care about how someone else experiences questing/dungeons. Thats tantamount to me caring about which brand of Cola my neighbor drinks the mere idea that it would affect me is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    No, you fucking listen here

People wanted to REMOVE Lfg in the first place, to create Premades instead. If you people continue to bitch about LFG then why the hell are you using it? Shouldn't you be spamming General chat for players to join your group so you can travel to the dungeon yourself and do the dungeon there? Of course you're not going to do it because you like to Use LFG just like the damn hypocrites you are.
    When did I ever mention removing LFG?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Iserer View Post
    They don't ruin the experience since you don't use them when leveling your first character. Leveling and questing is fun for the first couple of times but after that it becomes a chore. When I'm leveling my 9th alt I don't want to do the quests anymore. That's why it's great that we have access to heirlooms and the dungeon finder.
    Some people do not find the content appealing more than once, or even the first time.
    Those people are welcome to use heirlooms or not as they please.

Some do enjoy the levelling process, even after multiple times.
    And they are welcome to use heirlooms or not as they please.

The experience is in the end player-dictated, in the rush mentality.
    In that it has to be done as quickly as possible regardless of the consequences for other people.
    Heirlooms may help as far as overgearing goes, but do not make a player behave in that way.
    Experience will have, and has much of a similar effect in making it easier.

If there are other players who would benefit from a slower pace, please think about someone other than yourselves and slow the pace down a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If heirlooms ruin your leveling experience, don't use them. That is how simple it is. Some it 'ruins' it for, and others it makes it better.
    The leveling experience is still garbage without heirlooms. Mobs are too easy, there is zero challenge. Hardly anyone wants to group up for anything because the vast majority of people leveling up do it in dungeons with heirlooms. Most zones are ghost towns even on full servers.

If you can't see this is a problem for the game and that a large portion of the game is invalidated, then that's really sad.

Cataclysm ruined the leveling experience.

It fleshed out a lot of the boring "down" sections, but it took all of the challenge and almost all of the the satisfaction from leveling, plus the better portion of the zone remakes were not very good and couple that with the streamlined linear path all the new zones basically removed exploration and discovery from leveling (I mean you still can if you wander aimlessly like an idiot for no reason, but it's not natural anymore) altogether.

Infractions: 2

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Yes, heirlooms are terrible.

And some people hate levelling, but that means they are playing the wrong game. Blizz trying to cater to those people via heirlooms just ruined the integrity of the entire levelling experience and rendered their own content irrelevant. Wow is an mmo, of which levelling is supposed to be an integral part.
    I don't like leveling, but I actually had more fun with it when it was "worse" (Took 10x longer) I am not really sure why.

Infractions: 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaviaton View Post
    Like most people who have characters at max level, I've got several heirloom items and I have leveled several characters by suiting up and powering through the levels. Leveling a new character is basically just a race to hit the level cap as fast as possible. After the world revamp in Cataclysm, most zones provide great quest chains but with heirlooms, you hit the max recommended level for the zone before these chains are finished and you move on. As an experiment I tried out leveling without heirlooms again, just to fit the levels in. I realized that not only can I enjoy the questing again, but actually upgrading my equipment while leveling makes the leveling enjoyable, and without overpowered gear I actually have to focus on what I'm doing.

I am basically wondering if anyone else has found heirlooms to suck the fun out of leveling? Do people generally dislike leveling so much that you prefer to get it over with as fast as possible? Do you think heirlooms could be changed somehow?
    By the time Cataclysm hit I had already leveled my hunter (last class to max at the time) so I actually didn't even experience the "new" world until Pandaria when I leveled my monk.

The changes to the zones were actually for the better. I prefer post Cataclysm 1-60 zones over Classic 1-60 zones.

I think in general the problem with heirlooms is you miss out on "finishing" a zone. Most zones have an overarching story throughout it. They are a complete story, character, setting, plot, conflict, theme. Each story fits within the meta story that is taking place in that xpac, or that world. So when you leave the zone mid way, and don't finish the story, or get anywhere near the climax, one can see why people feel unsatisfied.

I think that ultimately though the goal of leveling IS to get to max level though.

I think a solution could/would be (aside from simply not equipping an heirloom) would be identifying specific quests that progress the story to players. Perhaps with a different symbol than simply ! Or perhaps a different color ! to indicate that this is a story mission, or part of the zone story.

Because lets be real, no matter how hard they try to make it fun, some quests are just filler. Go over here and kill 20 of these and bring me their heads. Thanks here is some XP. I think this would allow people to experience the story fully, and still accomplish the ultimate goal of getting to max level ASAP.

Here is my counter to any and all arguements that heirlooms are the biggest source to ruining the low level experience. I just recorded this about an hour ago and at the end I show the gear I did it with.

https://youtu.be/tPLuj5LCc3A

Edit: I only show the last boss because I didnt feel like dealing with the monumental recording size fraps records at.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    not the point

i dont want to lock my XP, i just don't need the 50% extra xp that my heirlooms would give. besides which, the game now gives practically +50% xp for 1-90 levelling anyways.
    I believe the +55% (including the primary-stat rings from the garrison shipyard missions) to XP only applies to what you get from killing mobs.

It don't think it applies to quests, pet battling, or gathering professions.

It was the XP nerfs that caused most of the rapid leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I believe the +55% (including the primary-stat rings from the garrison shipyard missions) to XP only applies to what you get from killing mobs.

It don't think it applies to quests, pet battling, or gathering professions.

It was the XP nerfs that caused most of the rapid leveling.
    It actually does apply to all those things with very few exceptions heirlooms just boost xp. They even boost the dungeon objective xp.